Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 565 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 563 564 565 566 567 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 9:02 PM | Locked

Joy:
Do you think ya'll think I can complete everything? I am using the "quiltsmart" method

Joy, I made my DD's, wedding ring quilt with the quiltsmart. it goes together pretty fast.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 11,972
Judy Johnson replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 9:12 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

I have to re-create many of the high school pages to get us up and running before the kids come back on Tuesday.

All together now... "Poor Nancy."   :-)

Nancy,

That really is tough. I never worked in schools, but I know that any system changes at the last minute are very frustrating. We have one high school here that has made the state news because when school started almost all of the students still didn't have schedules. The students wandered the halls and hung out in the cafeteria or just left. The administration promises now that they will all have correct schedules on Tuesday, which is three weeks after school started. At the school board meeting this week, there were so many angry parents that they had an overflow room where the proceedings were put on a TV screen, and they had to limit the parents comments to one minute each.

I guess my point is, it could always be worse. The school libraries were overwhelmed, which indicates that at least some of the kid wanted something to read, which is a good sign.

Judy J.

Nambe, New Mexico

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 85
maxine replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 9:13 PM | Locked

You did good girl..I also worked on a small wall quilt depicting a basket with Mums. Looks good so far, almost finished

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 9:24 PM | Locked

Kelley~ Great TAA DAAHHH on the mini bag quilt. Love the golden, too! They are such pretty dogs. mama, take my piciture, too.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 9:35 PM | Locked

Marilyn B:

Diane,  before I met DH I had a lot of esteem problems from school.  DH believed I could do anything and 11 years ago I started post secondary education with a college course in library tech and now am doing my university online with only 8 credits left till I have a bachelor degree which is something I never thought I was smart enough to do until I met Robert.  Now I believe I can do whatever I choose and it is a great feeling that I hope I pass along to the students.

Marilyn~I was very popular in school and had tons of friends and then met Grumpy at 18 years old. We were married at 20, I quit college and we moved north of Boston and I lost all my friends and he even estranged me from my family. But I am at fault, too b/c I let him. Around 35 I came into my own, had grown out of his box and finally got strong enough to call it quits. Turns out he was fooling around with one of our boating friends for 3 years.  I came out of that as a very different person and am stronger today for it. I went back to night school and almost got a BA but I didn't need it b/c I had a high paying business management job by then. I took an early retirement from that to start my own business. So the spunk is still there.

He couldn't distinguish the sense of humor. DH found the closed rose petal and has helped me to blossom again. I am very blessed.

North of Boston MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 3,305
eesvette replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 9:41 PM | Locked

I would love to see your quilt, how do I get to your blog?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 10:09 PM | Locked

diane, your goofy little star pillow is very cute    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 10:16 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:
Well, in my defense, I have that thing where you call it two things and then once you have said it, I will never be able to say it right again. This came from my father. He did it all the time. My fav salad dressing is now known as Ceasy Creamer instead of Creamy Caesar. I said it once wrong and it will now be forever Ceasy Creamer. You should see when I go into a restaurant and try to talk to normal people. I like IBC root beer but I have always called IBCB cuz it sounds like it should be IBCB but when I order it outside they look at me like I have two heads.

diane,   it is all starting to make a crazy kind of  sense,  have i been spending too much time with you?   :  )   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 10:19 PM | Locked

kelley i love it   way to go   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,458
Points 361,907
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 5:12 AM | Locked

eesvette:

I would love to see your quilt, how do I get to your blog?

Elizabeth,

click on a person's name then click on "view blog" to see his/her blog. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,458
Points 361,907
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 5:16 AM | Locked

I finished another SBS block but I'm not pleased with it so will be making another one later. I also worked on the blocks I made from the fall fabric swap, played in EQ7 and traced an embroidery design on fabric. This will my main "take to work" project for a while. I cut up and sorted some scraps and cut fabrics for my next DJ block. It was quite a productive night.

I'm in bed now hoping to go to sleep for at least two to three uninterrupted hours. I'm on call until tomorrow morning.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 176
Points 2,830
Shari replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 6:45 AM | Locked

Diane,

You might think it's "goofy", but I think it's terrific!  I too like the colors you used.

You have a great day too!

Shari

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:10 AM | Locked

Wow everyone has been busy... thats great.. I have only 2 days left of my vacation... bummer...But thats OK , that means Im getting closer to the Madison Quilt Show...lol..I know my pocket book  is not looking forward to this..lol..

I did finish the small table topper ... well the top any ways..lol..

• | Post Points: 140
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:12 AM | Locked

Kelley

Your table runner is stunning.  Did the center blocks come preprinted or did you put a design on them?  They are gorgeous.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:27 AM | Locked

Thanks Nana.. These  are individual embroidered blocks sewn together.. The Hoop Sisters Designs..called  Leaf Moteaf and Abstact Squares..

Page 565 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 563 564 565 566 567 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use