Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 563 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 561 562 563 564 565 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 11,972
Judy Johnson replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 4:23 PM | Locked

Marie,

Your bag quilt is lovely. I love the colors, and the randomness of the pattern works really well with those fabrics. Nice job on the mitered borders, too.

Judy J.

Nambe, New Mexico

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 4:43 PM | Locked

Stephanie:

Our skills build as we become more experienced, just as painting. Just look back at your first works compared to now. I did that and was amazed at the progression since I came to this site. Just the 1/4 inch seams and learning about contrast are huge.

Be good to yourself, you are loved by many.

Steph~

That's exactly it. I'm building my skills, especially with the quilting aspect. There are so many things that I've learned just from being on QCA. I'm mainly book/self taught and you lose all the little tips. I'm still learning how to read rulers....I thought they were just to cut the fabric on the mat!  Now I've learned you don't use the mat for measuring. I've learned QAYG....which I'm grooving on. I'm still bonding with my Ellie machine b/c she was bought right around the time I had my heart surgery and the health rug was pulled out from underneath us.

So I'm working on the BOM and I already have names picked out for it. It's either going to be Nips & Tucks b/c this is not a perfect quilt by any stretch of the imagination and it's got lots of Nips & Tucks. Or something to do with learning, education or knowledge. I'm learning alot with the quilt and it's been a struggle in places but it's coming along.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 4:53 PM | Locked

Stephanie:

Diane Morgan:
The quilting I've done is all done with the walking dog and each section is something different.

Diane,

Oh now, I had to jump on this. Would that be quilting with a walking dog or walking foot? LOL

Well, in my defense, I have that thing where you call it two things and then once you have said it, I will never be able to say it right again. This came from my father. He did it all the time. My fav salad dressing is now known as Ceasy Creamer instead of Creamy Caesar. I said it once wrong and it will now be forever Ceasy Creamer. You should see when I go into a restaurant and try to talk to normal people. I like IBC root beer but I have always called IBCB cuz it sounds like it should be IBCB but when I order it outside they look at me like I have two heads.

So the walking dog b/c there are feed dogs and walking foot became walking dog. lol

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 5:00 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:
This must still be left over from being with Grumpy for 20 years. I didn't leave that marriage with much self esteem intact. Now I have my soul mate who has made me see that I am talented and good and a worth while person. Like night and day.

Been there / Done that / Have the tee shirt.   You sound just like me.  I walked away from a 24 year marriage with someone that I could never please.  It took me a long time to get where I am now and I credit a great boss who kept giving me more responsibility to build up my confidence and my GREAT DH Dave.  Too bad I met Dave 12 years after I left the other one.  Once you get beat down like that, it takes a long time before you start to feel good about yourself and what you do.  So -- I know where you are coming from.   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,777
Points 245,587
Thea replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 5:16 PM | Locked

Very cute pillow Diane and maybe we can call it Walking Cats...teehee... but i understand where you are coming from... I got 6 more of my chicago blocks completely done and the other 13 i just lack 2 framing sides and then they are all done... no more work done yet on my quilty shirt... I do have about 10 more designs to embroider on it... but am in stall mode since I cleaned my sewing room... I am missing a couple things that I know have to be there somewhere but who knows where.

i also got my sewing suitcase out... the bottom will be my sewing machine - the top all the fabrics and rulers... I have another bag that I carry all my supplies in... I put tags on all my rulers... and a tag on my rotary cutter... still have to pull the fabrics for the classes... but that shouldn't be so hard now that everything is so organized... makes me smile to go in there now...

I now have to make my lists so that everything I need gets checked off so that I don't forget anything...

I am so so looking forward to getting up north...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,626
Points 140,453
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 5:50 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:

So the walking dog b/c there are feed dogs and walking foot became walking dog. lol

I like that.LOL Sounds like perfect reasoning. I have a couple words like that myself.

And, I'm like that with rulers. I always want to start cutting by moving my ruler from the right to left which naturally doesn't work well for a right handed person, and it always takes me a moment before my lightbulb goes off. It doesn't matter how many times I start to cut, it's always the same.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,626
Points 140,453
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 5:55 PM | Locked

Thea,

Sounds like you will have those blocks done in no time.

Are you driving to Chicago? I can't remember. You are going to be so organized.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,782
Joyce Brenden replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:30 PM | Locked

Thea--

Just reading about your preparations is exciting.  I'm thrilled that you're going and can't wait to hear all the good stuff about the trip when you get back.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,320
Points 373,192
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:38 PM | Locked

Judy Johnson:

I finally finished the Aspen in Nambe quilt, and posted it on my blog. I've entered it in the Santa Fe Quilt Fiesta for the first weekend in October. Wish me luck. I'm back to working on the bag quilt, which is coming together very quickly.

Judy J,

your quilt is beautiful. I really like it. It think it will do well in the quilt festival.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,822
Points 43,834
Eileen replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:46 PM | Locked

Joy, I'm catching up so you may have already answered (or someone else did), but what is the quiltsmart method?  What types of gifts are you making & how many?  It does sound like you're doing a lot but what you can get done may be more than me! (I have a full time job with an hour commute one way, a hubby, 2 dogs & low energy @ the end of the day! LOL)  Maybe you're better organized & can go for it!!   ;-)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 11,972
Judy Johnson replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:47 PM | Locked

Leslie, I love the new quilts you posted recently. The stack n whack is my favorite. The matching pillows are great.

Judy J.

Nambe, New Mexico

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,822
Points 43,834
Eileen replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:48 PM | Locked

Judy J, your Aspen in Nambe quilt is lovely! The tree looks great, and I am amazed by all those leaves! You did a really nice job on the quilting, too.  Good luck in the quilt fest :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,822
Points 43,834
Eileen replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:54 PM | Locked

Stephanie, we did have a nice visit with MIL - thanks!  Sounds like you've got the right attitude about spending time with family & friends - don't wait til it's too late :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,822
Points 43,834
Eileen replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:56 PM | Locked

Althea :

I didn't do any sewing yesterday but I did get my sewing room 75% organized... you can walk through it now and all the fabric is put away easily identified so that I won't have to hunt for it... put up a new thread holder on the wall and got the rest of my threads out of the drawers so that i can find them when needed....

Go, Thea!! Organizing is good - so is being able to wakl through your sewing room!! LOL  Glad you got all that work done - doesn't it feel good?!

Hope your fasting day is going well & you're not trying to do too much.  Keep taking care of yourself :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,822
Points 43,834
Eileen replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:58 PM | Locked

Go, Joyce! Are the FG & HG blocks part of Jodie's sampler quilt?  I can't remember which colors you chose.  Sounds like you're making nice progress! Keep it up :-)

Page 563 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 561 562 563 564 565 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use