Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 534 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 532 533 534 535 536 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 26 2010 9:02 PM | Locked

Gini,

what a fun afternoon. 

I tried working on a DJ block here at work but I left my cutting mat at home so I switched to a different one. Not really into it so it's slow going.

Hope you had a good time in your studio.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 521
Points 9,969
Jean replied on Thu, Aug 26 2010 9:10 PM | Locked

jay-marie,

I will be planning a trip to England sometime late next year I think?  My son and his family are stationed there at Lakenheath RAF and they are living in Thetford right now.  It that quilt show is annual, maybe I'll have to plan my trip for then, huh?  Would be great to get to meet each other!!

Patch Up America.....Make A Quilt

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 500
Pat DeHaan replied on Thu, Aug 26 2010 9:10 PM | Locked

Jay-Marie I am going to be in Winchester the first week in Sept. I go to Paris and spend a few days with my son and then come for the Pilgrim's Stitchers needlework seminar. This will be the 4th time I have come for this.The first time we came for this we stayed in Southampton. The past few times we stayed at the Wykeham Arms a lovely old pub.  I have a friend who lives in Eastbourne and he and his wife have taken me around the downs. It is just lovely and I have thoroughly appreciated all the historical embroideries that we have been able to view at Chilcomb House and the Cathedrals each time we come for this event. You live in a very wonderful place with so much to see!

Pat

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Aug 26 2010 9:48 PM | Locked

Leslie, I absolutely love your scrappy quilt. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Aug 26 2010 9:52 PM | Locked

We are supposed to get the winds and the temp drop around 10ish Gini.  I sure hope it does not blow as hard as the last time.  Our power  was off for several hours and then again the next day for about an hour.  There were people in Nampa without power for a day.

The pool party sounds like fun, we sure could have used a pool here today it was 104.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Aug 26 2010 9:59 PM | Locked

Thank you Spud.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:38 AM | Locked

i have one side left to stitch down the binding and another ufo is  in the bag.  i am busy the next few days. one of wendy's friends has a broken washer,  she has two small kids and a baby, so she is coming over tomorrow to wash her clothes. i understand there are several piles.   they can't get her a new washer until next week.  then more house cleaning and sam wants to play golf.   

saturday is the buggy barn quilt show. it's two hours away.  i have to go there early then hurry home as anna is dancing at the fair.  then i am scheduled to baby sit the quilts at the fair for an hour, to hurry home and help sam serve  dinner to some friends.   sam and mark are plotting the 3rd annual  9 bucket open, which is sunday.  they have had flyers up for a month, so i hope they have a crowd.   hot dogs and coleslaw on our deck.  sam has recruited one of our neighbors, a woman to be the cart girl and take the beer around.   should be a hoot.

then sam is driving to seattle for a few days,  i think i will sleep for a couple days when he leaves    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:40 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
We are supposed to get the winds and the temp drop around 10ish Gini.  I sure hope it does not blow as hard as the last time. 

we are getting some pretty strong winds now and they've been howling  for hours.   there is so much smoke in the air it is hard to breathe.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:40 AM | Locked

smoke and dust,  do you get the big dust storms down there, spud?    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:43 AM | Locked

Gini ,sounds like you are having awful weather,Stay safe...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,461
Points 416,734
gini replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:47 AM | Locked

thanks barbara,  i think the smoke and dust  is coming from 100+  miles away, but the air is thick with it.  they have evacuated several areas south and northwest of spokane.  and there is a fire in republic which is kinda close to patti    it is supposed to sprinkle saturday and that should clear things out    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 7:52 AM | Locked

Gini,I hope your weather is alittle better today,  I'm not going to work on any quilting today ,WE are getting ready for our trip next week .We are going to the NHRA US Nationals (drag racing) IN Indiana, Is like the super bowl for drag racing.The event last thru Labor day and we get there about 3 days early and make a vacation out of it, Then we are going to Chicago to visit my DH 's childhood friend and his wife.WE usually have a really great time . anyway so today I'm cleaning house and Sat I'm getting trailer ready.(clothes packed sheets washed etc,etc) Sunday is going to be my quilting day.Already have this set up with the DH ,he just looked at me and shook his head....Men auhhh.....WE make this trip every year and this will be my 9th event .SO looking foward to going ..After all the other events of the past week we need to go have some fun....Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 8:35 AM | Locked

Hi Everyone,

Leslie...I love your quilt and the way it was presented on your fence...Wonderful!  I have been working on some snowman table runners for the kids.  They're coming out really cute, if i do say so myself.  We are getting ready for our next trip also.  Going to Nassau for 4 days the first week of Sept.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Cindy

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 8:40 AM | Locked

Cindy , have a really great trip,sounds like fun ,never been there...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Aug 27 2010 9:03 AM | Locked

Cindy, Thank you for the compliment on my quilt. I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation, Stay safe

[Ava, Missouri

Page 534 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 532 533 534 535 536 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use