Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today?

Page 513 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 511 512 513 514 515 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11,452 Replies | 87 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 4:50 PM | Locked

Spud~

I love to come and see what has been happening during the day and find a show and tell. I also love your table topper and the quilting is great.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,934
gini replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 6:27 PM | Locked

spud, love your table topper, the colors are wonderful.  gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 3,305
eesvette replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 7:17 PM | Locked

Hey! Spuddie!  Everyone is talking about your table topper.  Where is it?

Elizabeth

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,934
gini replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 7:31 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

here it is  elizabeth   

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 7:39 PM | Locked

I finally got back to working on Jodie's Sampler BOM.  Today I made all of the hourglass blocks and now will have to get back to work on quilting the flying geese so I can put the HG border on and quilt it..  I've been suffering FG burnout for the past week and busy getting the kitchen back together after its redo.  Now I'm out of excuses so its back to quilting tomorrow.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 8:15 PM | Locked

Joyce Brenden:

I finally got back to working on Jodie's Sampler BOM.  Today I made all of the hourglass blocks and now will have to get back to work on quilting the flying geese so I can put the HG border on and quilt it..  I've been suffering FG burnout for the past week and busy getting the kitchen back together after its redo.  Now I'm out of excuses so its back to quilting tomorrow.

Joyce, sounds like me - I have been putting off trying the machine quilting on the FG because I was afraid the pins would not hold it enough.  So I finally decided to just thread baste it today - so tomorrow, I will try to do the machine quilting on the FG, so I can go on with the project.  I have been remembering why I decided years ago that machine quilting was not for me!  I love my LAQ, she does a good job on the ones I send her, then I get to hand quilt the ones I consider special--I just felt I should try it one more time, since so many of you seem to do it so well, but pretty sure this will be quite enough machine quilting for me!! Carolml

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 8:51 PM | Locked

Between reading my book for Friday's discussion, walking the dogs at the park and watching the Cubs lose to the Padres in baseball, I got down to my sewing room and managed to starch & iron 5 more fabrics for the Bargello before I ran out of spray starch. Time for a trip to the store!

Joyce, sounds like you've been one very busy bee! Can't wait to see how your BOM quilt turns out :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 10:15 PM | Locked

I kind of did.  I got out Maggie's Bug quilt so I could finish piecing the back.  I had to order more fabric and that took awhile and then when it finally got here I was busy with other things.  I'm going to try to get it done tomorrow and then put it away until I see if I'm actually going to get my FQ anytime soon.  The quilt is more like between a double and queen so will be a challenge on my current set up.  I'm trying to pull everything together for David's quilt.  I'm still in the thinking stage on that one. LOL  I have another table topper ready to quilt so maybe I will try to get it on the frame and get it done before I leave for GA.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Wed, Aug 18 2010 10:59 PM | Locked

I have all 20 centers finished for the Festival of Trees quilt. Today I sewed on the first light. Those pieces are now trimmed and waiting to be pressed. I'll probably do that Saturday. Oh, wait; maybe not. We have a retirement party to attend for Glenn's former supervisor who became the principal of the alternative school who retired who has been rehired as Glenn's supervisor! So, maybe I'll get to them Sunday,

Gillette, WY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 19 2010 11:56 AM | Locked

Judy Iliff:
We have a retirement party to attend for Glenn's former supervisor who became the principal of the alternative school who retired who has been rehired as Glenn's supervisor!

Huh?  LOL  Is Glenn all right with these switches?

I thought you were off to a Norah Jones concert.  I'm jealous!

Can't wait to see your Festival of Trees.  I finished the borders on my drunken batik, and now must decide if I can come up with a design idea for tackling the quilting myself, or if I'm going to admit defeat and take it to someone with a LA.  I guess if I followed that second idea, I'd be free to get started with the Little Houses WH group.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 7:25 AM | Locked

Have not had the chance to do alot of sewing this week ,back to work full time. Have 4 blocks on my Boxy Stars done and I love the results. I also got my "Quilts for Kids " peiced and sandwiched but have not had time to quilt it yet. today have to go with DH to his doctors appt's so not sure if I'm gonna get alot done today.Everyone sounds so busy ,which is good for us .

Everyone have a great day and weekend ...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 7:27 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma ,Love the table runner .. Very colorful...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 400
sewgrateful replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 7:48 AM | Locked

I did do some quilting on  a Bow Tucks bag I'm making for my MIL last night. For the last 2 days I've been sitting under a tent at an Antique Show selling raffle tickets for quilts (antiques of the future) for my Quilt Guild. One more day of that today and then maybe I can finish that bag tomorrow. LOL Sewgrateful

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 9:34 AM | Locked

Hello, Hello!  Wow so much is going on here that I CAN HARDLY KEEP UP, DO WE HAVE A TALENTED GROUP?

Here are some pictures of my progress on the long overdue Christmas quilt.  Been out of town for a few days so way behind on my sewing.  Putting the red/green inner border together, they look so colorful and definitely Christmas.  I'm going for 2 of the Christmas swaps, hope to get enough pieces to star another Christmas Log Cabin Quilt.

Heading for LQS "A Scarlet Thread" as they are having a great sale, and that includes Christmas fabrics...need to get backing, 4 yards. 

Here's latest pictures

oops! pardon the shoes, case of bad framing the photo.  Oh well i'm definitly an amateur!

• | Post Points: 155
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 20 2010 9:52 AM | Locked

Joni

Your quilt is going to be absolutely stunning.  I love your fabrics and your design.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 513 of 764 (11453 items) « First ... < Previous 511 512 513 514 515 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use