Top 10 Posters

What did you think of the QCA Summer Block Party?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,165
Liz S. (AKA QCA Liz) Posted: Mon, Aug 29 2011 10:17 PM

We’d love to get your feedback on this year’s Summer Block Party. What did you like? What can we improve? Drop us a note here or reply to me personally and tell us what you think. Any suggestion, however small, is much appreciated.

After all, our parties and contests are for you and we want you to have a good time!

Many thanks,

QCA Liz S.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 10:18 PM

liz, i loved the block party and your format.  unfortunately i didn't hve time to participate.  i hope you do it again next year.  gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 10:35 PM

I really liked the idea and it was great to see how creative everyone who participated was.  Unfortunately, I did not have the creative bug residing with me during that time, so I did not participate in the contest, but loved seeing and voting for my favorites.  Keep it up.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 30 2011 12:23 AM

Liz

I think your block party was awesome.  I just didn't have time to participate this summer but I sure enjoyed seeing all the great blocks everyone made.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Aug 30 2011 5:41 AM

Liz, i enjoyed the block party, even tho I didn't participate, I enjoyed everyone else's projects and post

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 544
Points 3,805
Paula replied on Tue, Aug 30 2011 6:28 AM

I haven't been a member long enough to know about it but it sounds like fun!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 30 2011 9:11 AM

I'll echo what the others are saying.  It was fun to see the blocks that were submitted, but I never actually got to the "patio" during the hours of the "party" because of other things going on.  With the two big retreats coming up (and the leaf blocks we're making), I didn't get a chance to attempt a summer block of my own.  I hope there were enough participants to warrant a return of the party next summer.  That was very nice of the sponsors to award those prizes, and hopefully some new quilters joined us after seeing the party links.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 439
Points 7,025
Mz M replied on Tue, Aug 30 2011 11:42 AM

MNnancy:

.... I hope there were enough participants to warrant a return of the party next summer.  That was very nice of the sponsors to award those prizes, and hopefully some new quilters joined us after seeing the party links.....

I agree! That was really nice of the sponsors to award such awesome prizes!!  I too would like to see another block party and may feel more confident in my abilities to partipicate in a block entry. It was so much fun to see all the blocks and was difficult to pick a favorite. I know I have told my quilting friends where I live about this site and how much fun it is.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 439
Points 7,025
Mz M replied on Tue, Aug 30 2011 12:08 PM

I loved the Block Party! It was so much fun to see all the recipes and chit chat. I was unable to attend all of them but really had a good time at the ones I did. I felt unsure of my abilities to partipicate in the Block contest but WATCH OUT FOR NEXT YEAR. I'll be all over it. Thanks for all of your organization and planning to see we had a good time! I know I did.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Tue, Aug 30 2011 2:34 PM

I loved the block party but was only able to go to the discussion once with work and all.  I think maybe I need to improve my skills though before entering the contest. It did not help that when it started I was taking a much involved course at quiltuniversity either so not much time to plan one. That jellyfish quilt was awesome and she should have won which she did :)  I think my creative juices need to catch up to those of the winners before I attempt to enter another contest. But will go for discussions and stuff.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Tue, Aug 30 2011 2:35 PM

Forgot to mention that we could divide it into more advanced and beginner categories to get more involvement. While I have been quilting for 4 years my skills are just advanced beginner mostly.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

The block party was a great idea!  There are a lot of talented quilty people out there. I, too, wished I could have participated more and just didn't have the time to make anything for it - but I'd sure like to see it, or something similar, come around again.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 715

I thought the block party was a great idea and I had fun with it.  Things like this always inspire me to get creative!  I definitely think it should happen next year.

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 275
Dot D replied on Tue, Sep 6 2011 11:49 AM

I really enjoyed the Block Party.  I'm brand new to the Quilter's Club.  I hopped right in and and designed a block, posted it and looked at the other entries.  I don't understand how the views and comments work.  How does one person get one hundred views and others get four or five?  Do some people elicit views and comments?  If a member was going to look at the entries, wouldn't she look at all the blocks?  I didn't know how the entries were judged...  As I said originally, I really liked having an assignment yet it was short enough involvement time to interest me.  Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use