rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 8:52 PM

Thank You Sheri! 

I am very excited about this group!  I   had planned to join about the same time the first surgery was scheduled which was
Aug 18.  I can already tell a big difference between the 2 hands, and elbows.   They are doing 5 fingers instead of just 4, which includes the nerve in the elbow ( funny bone).  It really wasn't that bad.  The only thing is that I wasn't able to do ANything for about 3 days. which has absolutely drove me crazy.  So, finally being able to join is like Christmas lol!!  I am so excitied about all the learning opportunities available!  any tips you have are most welcomed!!

Kathy

Cleveland, Texas

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 9:08 PM

Hi Jeanine!

Thank You for such a warm welcome!  And well wishes!  I want to encourage you to do the surgery if you are able to. 
The  worst thing about it is the IV's being inserted.  Everything else is a piece of cake.  I understand what you mean about not being sure it is carpal tunnel.  I kept thinking that it was crazy having surgery because somedays  I would have tingling and pain in my wirst and thumb area, and then somedays I wouldn't.  so it took a bit to understand that's how it works with carpal tunnel surgery.  Mine is pretty severe as I have put it off almost too long I was on the way to loosing the muscle control in my thumbs. And yes, you are right, Interruptions are very annoying!  A friend, that i met on Fons and Porter  facebook discussion had it done, and she advised me to cut out my quilt top before surgery and assured me that I would be at the sewing machine within 2 days......and she was almost right!  I was at the sewing machine the evening of the 3rd day!  Anyways, Thanks again  and i am looking forward to learning, and getting to know all of you!

Kathy, from Cleveland,Texas

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 9:10 PM

Thank You Margaret!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 9:12 PM

Thanks Ramona!! Looking forward to learning lots and lots !!

kathy from Cleveland, Texas

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 9:17 PM

Hi Peggy,

I  am so excitied to finally be here!  I am from Cleveland, Texas. As far as I know, there isn't a group here anywhere close.  I found the Quilters CLUB  of America through Fons and Porter also.  I subscribed to Love of Quilting, and bought a ruler from their website.  Then the next thing I knew,  I had an invitation with all the information about this group in the mail.  I love to learn, and am looking forward to learning more and more.

Thank You, and also welcome to the group too!

Kathy

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 9:21 PM

Hi Nana!

Thank You for such a warm welcome!  This is my first attempt at making one.  It turned out Ok.....now i need to quilt it.  I am not good at posing pics on the computer.  But as soon as I figure it out, I will be sure to share!

Kathy,

Cleveland, Texas

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 9:21 PM

Hi to all the newbies that I haven't had a chance to say Hi to.

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 9:25 PM

Hi Gini!

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I don't think there is ever a convenient time for surgery of any kind.  It is an annoying interruption of quilting, of life, of everything!  But be careful and don't put it off too long!   I have never been skiing as we hardly ever get snow in this part of Texas. and too busy working and taking care of other health issues to even really breathe!  But quilting allows some of that!

Kathy,

Cleveland, Texas

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 9:41 PM

HI Karla!

Thanks for the welcome!  I am from southeast   Texas. About 45 miles North of Houston. I live in the " sticks" as we say....in the country for sure lol!   I am married, due to celebrate 27 years in 3 weeks.  We have 1 son, 25 yrs old.    I started quilting as a newlywed as my grandmother, and great grandmother were quilters. My  grandmother and my mother introduced me to sewing at a very tender age!    Lucky for me, my Mother in Law is a quilter, and is a great  teacher!  I am very excitied about this site!  So much to learn and do!

Kathy

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Welcome, Kathy. I'm sure you will have a great time here.

I have a rotator cuff tear, and I am like gini, I can't find a convenient time to have the surgery. There is just too much to do to be laid up for 3 months without full use of my shoulder.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 10:12 PM

THANKS QUILT DADDY!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 10:15 PM

HI ELAINE!

I FULLY UNDERSTAND YOUR CONCERN!  I DON'T WANT TO EITHER!  I HAVE HAD MORE TIME TO QUILT SINCE I HAVE HAD MINE THOUGH AS I WORK FULL TIME AND HAVE TO COMMUTE TO DO SO!  
THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME AND BEST WISHES WITH YOUR SHOULDER!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 10:21 PM

HEY NANA!

THE ONLY PIC I HAVE MADE SO FAR IS THE BEGINNING MARINER'S  COMPASS CENTER.  I CHANGED IT TO MY 'AVATAR'  MAYBE I CAN GET MORE PICS SOON!  THIS PIC WAS TAKEN AS I HAD JUST COMPLETED PIECING IT........

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,465
Points 362,017
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 2:34 AM

Welcome Kathy.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 544
Points 3,805
Paula replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 6:18 AM

Welcome Kathy, I'm still learning all the great features of this site, it's an awesome place!!!!

Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use