Top 10 Posters

Anybody going to Lancaster, Pa AQS Quilt Show?

Page 3 of 5 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 68 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

gini:

Spudgrandma:
Knowing the way this bunch gets we could be taken away to the funny farm, but I agree that it would be really neat to meet in person.
  sooooooooooo  what's sobad about meeting at a funny farm, might liven thingsup a bit.  gini

Well, they probably would not let us have sharp instruments so how would we quilt???

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 202
Points 5,090
Angel replied on Mon, Oct 19 2009 5:21 PM

Helen Bell:

Is the AQS show not the same one as the Quilters Heritage Celebration?? I went to the QHC for 3 years and I heard that the lady that organizes it quit but I thought that AQS was taking over the show...

Yeah I had to look too because of the AQS name. It says on the AQS website....1st annual. WOOHOO. I expect with an organization like AQS, this should be an even better show. It was always nice, but I'm thinking this might be a tad better. I always go to Quilt  Odyssey is Hershey.

If any of you do come to Lancaster show....make sure to ask directions to Shady Maple. OMYYYYY they have the best fresh buffet/ smorgasbord  . Its wonderful. Im very picky where I eat, due to the fact I am a chef by trade. And I love it there. I cant get to Georgia to go to Lady and Sons....(Paula Deans rest  ), so I have to settle for PA's restaurants.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 355

I did my registration on line but haven't received a confirmation yet....got an email back that they were having problems with the online confirmations...but they did charge my credit card so that is a good sign...will email them again.

I got back from Lancaster on Friday...what a great trip...the fabric selection and prices were unbeatable and I loved going into the little Amish/Mennonite shops and talking to the quilters...the quilts were so beautiful!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 2,678
Good Morning All, I am going to the Lancaster show. I have registered and am planning on taking a MQ workshop since I am having so much fun doing the one here. Really looking forward to it. I love Lancaster and can't wait to do a little exploring myself. Harolyn
MAKE EVERYDAY AN ADVENTURE!
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 9 2009 8:35 AM

It is great that so many are planning on going.  It would be wonderful if we could all meet while we are there.

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 202
Points 5,090
Angel replied on Mon, Nov 9 2009 8:55 AM

Well I for one would love to meet ya Nana. I think I am the closest to the show so I will definitely be there. Hope there are lots of people who can make it. There are several quilt shows pretty close by. This is a new  so I am excited to see how this differs from the Heritage show. I'm going to go hunt down a new sewing machine while Im there. I think...thats the plan. We shall see. LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 9 2009 10:40 AM

Angel

If I make it to the show I will probably be hunting down lots of new finds....LOL.  Quilt shows can be really dangerous to my bank account.  I would love to meet you also.

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,312
Thea replied on Mon, Nov 9 2009 10:46 AM

Oh how I wish I lived closer - I would be there in a NY minute - I will alas be waiting for your pictures so I can drool - speaking of that need a new bib to catch all those drools from all the beautiful quilts that i drool over on here.

Mark Lipinsky is going to be here in January speaking at our Winter Quilt show -  I just got the announcement yesterday!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 355
KATHYC-3 replied on Mon, Nov 9 2009 11:14 AM

I just got my confirmation for the quilt show. I am going to the Eleanor Burns show and the Color and Contrast workshop on Thursday. Planning to go Wednesday night and leave Friday morning!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 9 2009 8:27 PM

KATHYC-3:

I just got my confirmation for the quilt show. I am going to the Eleanor Burns show and the Color and Contrast workshop on Thursday. Planning to go Wednesday night and leave Friday morning!

Kathy

That sounds great.  The Eleanor Burns show in itself sounds fantastic,

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 9 2010 10:35 PM

My DH wants to know which day I want to go to the quilt show.  So if I chose one day, (I would like a couple days, but we will see.)  what day is it most likely that any of you will be there?  The in-laws are more into going on a wine tasting tour than going to a quilt show, but that is just out of ignorance.  They don't know what they have been missing.  And we will also have to go up to Ithica, NY to see one of my SILs during our trip east. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 115
Stargirl replied on Wed, Jan 5 2011 11:27 AM

Hi all.  I am new to this club, but I plan on going to the Lancaster show.  I live south of Reading, PA, so I am only about 25 minutes from Lancaster!

Barb

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Wed, Jan 5 2011 1:52 PM

welcome stargirl    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,905
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 5 2011 2:19 PM

Stargirl

Welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.  And have a blast at the quilt show.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 2,678
Welcome to the site Stargirl. I have learned so much through the people in this club. It keeps me motivated and get great idea from it too. I am going to Lancaster for the quilt show. I went last year and had a wonderful time. I spent alot of money though and have been saving since returning home. We should have QCA club pins or something to help recognize members. Happy New Year. See you at the show. Harolyn
MAKE EVERYDAY AN ADVENTURE!
Page 3 of 5 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use