Top 10 Posters

Anybody going to Lancaster, Pa AQS Quilt Show?

Page 2 of 5 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 68 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 3:31 PM

Angel:

HAHA this is new...I have never been to this show. Lancaster always had a quilt show, but not AQS. Wow I am so calling in dead to work if i have to!! ( cough cough can you hear my cold coming already for March?)

It sounds like you are going to be so sick that the only thing that will help will be a great big quilt show...LOL

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 355
KATHYC-3 replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 4:29 PM

I'm planning on attending...going to Lancaster in two weeks ...just a few of us girls for a quilt retreat and shopping trip ....one of my favorite areas!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 5,145
Maria replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 4:44 PM

I'm going too. I am excited as all get out!!! The only one I ever get to go to is Hershey and although I love it, there is just nothing like Lancaster. My sister and I will be there next week, it's just not the same when you go with someone that has the day scheduled. We need to go to some buyers shows.  But March that's all mine, YeeHah ;-)

Maria

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Angel:

HAHA this is new...I have never been to this show. Lancaster always had a quilt show, but not AQS. Wow I am so calling in dead to work if i have to!! ( cough cough can you hear my cold coming already for March?)

LOL Angel.  Although, I do think that calling in sick may be a bit hard to explain when you return 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I hope all you lades have a wonderful time at the quilt show and take lots of pictures.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,711
Points 248,417
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 5:01 PM

Nana - there are a lot of you going - you should coordinate and wear a certain color and then you can meet and have fun together -  - that would be fun - can't you see yourselves...

if you say - decide on orange -walking up to anyone wearing orange and saying are you Nana - or Angel - or Maria of Kathy... You might meet someone really neat!  lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 5:31 PM

Althea :

Nana - there are a lot of you going - you should coordinate and wear a certain color and then you can meet and have fun together -  - that would be fun - can't you see yourselves...

if you say - decide on orange -walking up to anyone wearing orange and saying are you Nana - or Angel - or Maria of Kathy... You might meet someone really neat!  lol

Althea

Knowing the way this bunch gets we could be taken away to the funny farm, but I agree that it would be really neat to meet in person.

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Nana:

Althea :

Knowing the way this bunch gets we could be taken away to the funny farm, but I agree that it would be really neat to meet in person.

Oh, I would say that is pretty much a given LOL

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 202
Points 5,090
Angel replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 6:08 PM

Ok let me ask you this....what do you think would happen if I yelled out Nana???!!! in Amish Country at a quilt show? 75 percent of the building would turn around and be like "What?"

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 202
Points 5,090
Angel replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 6:11 PM

And I most likely wont be hard to find. I most likely wont call of work...i never do. I ll be the one running through  the crowd  to meet Eleanor Burns in my uniform. LOL. You wont have to call my name . It will be there on my left pocket

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 17 2009 6:16 PM

Angel:

And I most likely wont be hard to find. I most likely wont call of work...i never do. I ll be the one running through  the crowd  to meet Eleanor Burns in my uniform. LOL. You wont have to call my name . It will be there on my left pocket

Oh do I remember those days,  I also frequently signed checks with RN on the end.

Nana

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 8:44 AM

Spudgrandma:
  sooooooooooo  what's sobad about meeting at a funny farm, might liven thingsup a bit.  gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 20
Points 355
KATHYC-3 replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 9:14 AM

It will be so great to meet some of you...I will probably go to Lancaster the first two days (or at least one of them)...depends on what my gang wants to do....right about NANA....I'd be one who would answer the call!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 11:34 AM

Is the AQS show not the same one as the Quilters Heritage Celebration?? I went to the QHC for 3 years and I heard that the lady that organizes it quit but I thought that AQS was taking over the show...

If you all wore a little quilt patch on your top or something like that, it might be easier to find each other.  Or maybe meet at an entrance or sitting area at a certain time?  I wish I could be there too...would love to meet people behind the keyboards

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,711
Points 248,417
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 18 2009 11:42 AM

Helly - we need QCA pins - yep bringing that up to those in charge - bet they have already thought of it though - but where are they and when can we buy one!!!

Page 2 of 5 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use