Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #4

Page 350 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 348 349 350 351 352 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,852 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,512
Thea replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 1:45 PM | Locked

Bella:
OMG!  Thea - do you play 8 Ball?????  I was in the APA league for YEARS! 

Bella - i have played 8 ball for years - I do play 9 ball but never in a league - my DH loves the game.  We play in a local league - we tried to get the APA here - DH worked hard at it for about 4 years and finally just gave up - the prize money here was horrible - the people were upset by the rules - it was a disaster - but we tried - someday when we move somewhere where there is a bigger city and an established APA league - DH would do it again - he has always wanted to go to the Vegas finals but never made it - our team somehow always just misses - we got in the local money twice - but didn't make the cut - they only sent the top team that year - then the next year we came in 3rd and they send the top 2 - go figure... the last year we played there was no prize money for any team except the top and that is when our league here just folded.

I enjoy playing but get very tired of the bickering and the drunks - this gray haired lady doesn't care for all that trash talk.

We used to play 3 times a week but the last couple years we have cut it down to once.  DH started working these 10 hour shifts and his eyesight has gotten worse - he is grumpy - so it was not that much fun - but we do play that once a week - it is our night out...lol

He does get totally excited when I make an awesome shot - I usually scream - like when I have to hit the cue ball into the rail and then hit my ball against another rail and have it travel down the rail into the pocket - I remember all these shots...teehee... I screamed and our member who had just started playing with us was on the next table shooting and jumped almost out of his socks... was funny... I always apologize profusely for screaming in happiness but can't help myself... 

I played a young man 2 weeks ago - he had ball in hand and was ready to take a shot when his captain called a time out and told him to shoot a different shot and even if he missed it he would have the ball lined up for next time - said you'll leave her with only bank shots so you'll not have a problem and you can't get out from here - I am over there hearing all of this - well he took the shot and missed - teehee - I had to do a backwards bank for the first shot - one you don't make that often cuz the speed has to be just perfect to get the cue ball out of the way - well it went and I screamed - then had to immediately calm down and make a cross corner bank - it went - good thing the 8 ball was straight in - they would have had a hard time pealing me off the ceiling... the young man would not even knock knuckles with me - wouldn't look at me at all after the game - he was furious... it was great...teehee...

In APA I was a 4 - not great but better then a 3 - lol...DH is a 7

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 2:06 PM | Locked

OH, Thea!  How I can relate!  We must have "talks" about our pool days, because it is so much fun! I will have to tell you how I started, and of course, I started as a 3 (all women do) and ended up being a 4.  I have to go right now, but I want to talk... so stay tuned!  :D - when I bought my townhome, I went up to a guy who is a real estate broker on my team, and I said "I just have to have a room that is 15X20" and he leaned over to a table, patted it, and said "You mean, for one of these???" Well, now i have this wonderful basement, but no pool table.  I do, however, have a bunch of quilting and sewing stuff, so my next project will be to make a sewing room instead of a pool room.... 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,512
Thea replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 2:25 PM | Locked

Bella - we joke about this house - my DH took one wall down - then put it back up - took another wall down and left it down - took the 1st wall back down and moved it 3 feet into the kitchen and put it back up - rearranged that whole part of the house - so now I have a kitchen that is 13x10 in one section but moves down still open and is 13 x15 in the other area... where he took the walls down we now have a room that is also 25 feet long but is in one section 15 feet wide - and guess what is in there - yes - a pool table... but he hardly uses it - I probably have played more pool games then he has and he is so so much better then I am - he has to gamble when he plays - hates to practice - but some of the shots he makes - just amaze me - if his eyes weren't going bad he would still be awesome - but in the dark of the bars now he has problems - but get him to get prescription glasses - NOPE not yet... he will soon and maybe we can get him contacts - he has a stigmatism and he is unsure whether he can where contacts but he hasn't really gone to a good doctor either - with his schedule this last year he hasn't been able to - hopefully this year!

I do as you know have a sewing room too!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 141,490
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 2:30 PM | Locked

I worked on the Star mini quilt block that Kris designed. It took me awhile but I'm pleased with how it turned out. I think I'll make more blocks for a lap quilt.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,512
Thea replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 2:35 PM | Locked

Judy - that is gorgeous - the friendship star in the middle is my favorite star - very nicely done!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 2:42 PM | Locked

Beautiful, Judy. great design, Kris

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 2:47 PM | Locked

Judy

This is a beautiful block.  Did Kris do this in the paper piecing group?.   I think it will make an awesome quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 141,490
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 2:49 PM | Locked

Thanks Thea. I'm thinking of making it into a lap quilt for my sister-in-law who is a major cat lover. I would alternate the star blocks with cat blocks, keeping the same color scheme with a plain black cat. I have lots of time, her birthday isn't until August.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 141,490
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 2:54 PM | Locked

Nana:
This is a beautiful block.  Did Kris do this in the paper piecing gro

Thanks, Nana, yes, this was provided by Kris in paper piecing. I love the design.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,768
Points 420,339
gini replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 3:00 PM | Locked

judy, this is beautiful

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,840
Points 55,670
Ginny replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 3:05 PM | Locked

Yes Thea, even with astimatism you can wear contacts.  And you hit on the solution-- a good doctor.   I wore them for several years, but I have such a problem with extremely dry eyes that it became a problem when i was shopping and such because my eyes would dry so much the contacts wouldn't float as they were supposed to.....Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 141,490
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 3:07 PM | Locked

Thanks Gini. I'm feeling much better about paper piecing now that I've gotten my feet wet and like the results. I've said it before, will say it again; I don't know what I would do without all of you. I've learned so much, been inspired to do things I never thought I'd do. And, oh yes, spent so much more money on fabrics and gee gaws than I ever dreamed possible! (lol)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145
Jennsquilts replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 3:27 PM | Locked

Judy, you're block is great!  I downloaded Kris's pattern today, though won't get a chance to make one for awhile yet, but am really looking forward to it.  I think it'd be a great one to make a whole quilt with.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 3:31 PM | Locked

Judy

I had to go to the group and print this one out.  Now I guess I will have to find some fabrics....LOL.    I also like the Mariner's Compass pattern that is in the group.   Great patterns.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,512
Thea replied on Wed, Jan 4 2012 3:33 PM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
. And, oh yes, spent so much more money on fabrics and gee gaws than I ever dreamed possible! (lol)
That part never stops - in moving all my things from the big to the small room I have found so many things that were bought and forgot - thinking of a big sale!

• | Post Points: 65
Page 350 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 348 349 350 351 352 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.