Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #4

Page 304 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 302 303 304 305 306 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,852 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 9:22 PM | Locked

I worked on my quilt today.  That makes me happy.  Now all I have to do is the quilting part or I might just tie it.  I haven't made my mind up yet.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 11:20 PM | Locked

Leslie :
lowered my utility bill about 50.00 because it doesn't use as much water

and because they extract way more water during the spin cycle, your clothes don't take as long to dry, saving on electricity, too.    i have a maytag,  i won't get another maytag, but i will get front loaders.  they use a lot less water, and i can cram a ton of laundry in there.  it gets my clothes as clean as the  top loaders did.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 12:05 AM | Locked

The quilt is finished....woohoo.   Put it into the gift bag at 1am.   I cheated a little and used blanket binding but my son loves his "silkies" so that will be fine.  I will try to get a pic tomorrow when they open the package.  Now it is time for bed.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 12:57 AM | Locked

Congratulations on finishing your quilt Nana! 

Pat, the earnings limit applies until the year you reach "full retirement age" .  In my case it was 65 plus 10 months.  I had hoped to start collecting SS as soon as I turned 65 and continue working for a year.  Found out really quickly I couldn't do that -- I had planned to use that extra money to pay off some bills.  So, I retired anyway -- just tired of working all the time.  Still think about working part time and paying off those same bills but then again, I like not having a boss!

Sukochi, its good to see you posting again.  I hope your health stays good.

Thea, enjoy your lasagne tomorrow.  It sounds yummy. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 7:21 AM | Locked

Carey:
You can join the UFO group all the information as it comes up is found there. So far it is a quilt you can not have touched in any shape or form for at least 6 months if following the previous contests from what I read is correct.

The tentative rules are up for the next contest beginning Jan 1.  under UFO group, go to pages, and click on the 2012 UFO challenge.  Have revised the definition some for the UFOs.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 5,385
Renee replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 7:42 AM | Locked

Merry Christmas!!!!

I wish everyone a joyous day with family and friends

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665
msplantladi replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 8:35 AM | Locked

Thea you sound like the lil story of " I think can, I think can,....get this quilt done...lol

Enjoy your lasagna ...we also had lasagna for our Christmas dinner, I say HAD because my GD is here and has to early for home early this morning so we had out Christmas a day early. I feel like all we have been doing for two days is eating..lol We have a couple friends coming to dinner tonight-they are going to help us eat the left over lasagna.

BTW..my Santa did bring me a serger, can't wait to play with it.

Merry Christmas

dee

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 11:36 AM | Locked

Merry Christmas, everyone! No time to read everyone's posts - just way too many! Wanted to pop in and say that DD LOVED her white, black, & red log cabin throw I made her and cried when she read the label that said "When you wrap up in this, you're wrapped in my arms" which was just the thing I was looking for (LOL). I got lots of quilty gifts - a 3x6 ft folding table, 3 new feet for my Pfaff, an 8 spool thread holder for embroidery, stabilizers, rulers, scissors, etc. Lots of great stuff! So I'll be back in business tomorrow but today is for us!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 7:24 PM | Locked

Ginny:
I know just how you feel about going to the church service.  When I returned to church after a long period away,  every familiar song brought tears to my eyes.   I felt embarrassed but couldn't help it.  It just felt sooo good to be back.  Like I hadn't been home in a long time.  Go and enjoy and take tissue with you, a few tears may well up but you will feel so good about it. 

Same experience here!  I've been told when the tears flow that it is the Holy Spirit at work!

Only wish I could get DH to go with me....

Merry Christmas!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 7:35 PM | Locked

I returned to Church myself this a.m. after a 7 month absence, It was a true homecoming. Tahnks to water proof mascara, I didn't make a mess of myself. Great things are coming to us from that service. This 2012 is going to be a God lead and based year. 

This is the most peaceful Christmas Night of my entire life. and hope that is true for you all. Now, for cookies and milk and BED!! Partor Ron gave us a book to read that he said is wonderful.  Check into it.  Crazy Love  OVERWHELMED BY A RELENTLESS GOD, by Francis Chan. New York Times best seller. Can't go wrong there.

Now, get busy. 2012 looms quickly ahead.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 278
Points 5,200
kim replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 7:41 PM | Locked

gini:

Leslie :
lowered my utility bill about 50.00 because it doesn't use as much water

and because they extract way more water during the spin cycle, your clothes don't take as long to dry, saving on electricity, too.    i have a maytag,  i won't get another maytag, but i will get front loaders.  they use a lot less water, and i can cram a ton of laundry in there.  it gets my clothes as clean as the  top loaders did.

I bought mine when DH and I were married and had our house built. We figured we might as well get what we wanted then as we would have them for years. Our original set lasted for 9 years before we needed to replace the dryer ( still have the washer) They are Maytags and we love them. Their capacity is huge and they do save on water and electric. Mine has a soaking cycle and more bells and whistles then I need.

Today must be Italian day. We also had lasagne, with meat and veggie, Brucatta and Bussaloni (a meat roll slow cooked in spagetti sauce). It went very well and I have very little left overs. Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 8:46 PM | Locked

i got a call from the recipient of the golf course, she loves her present.  she told me both she and her daughter were in tears.  she knew the box was from me, but had no idea it would be an art quilt.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 8:52 PM | Locked

gini:

i got a call from the recipient of the golf course, she loves her present.  she told me both she and her daughter were in tears.  she knew the box was from me, but had no idea it would be an art quilt.

How could she not love it -- you have such talent!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,823
Points 366,007
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 9:06 PM | Locked

Marge P:
Here are pictures of the two quilts I need to get quilted by Christmas.  One is Thomas The Tank for my 3 yr old GGD and then the pieced backing for it.  The last one is the crib quilt for GGD2 who just turned 1

Marge P,

your quilts are so cute. Nice work on the pieced back.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,823
Points 366,007
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 25 2011 9:07 PM | Locked

gini:

Kris:

This is so cute Gini. Is it a "twinchie".

no, it is about 12" square, total.  would that be a footsie?  no, that's what your feet play under the table,   a footie?

ROFLOL

Page 304 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 302 303 304 305 306 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use