Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #4

Page 296 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 294 295 296 297 298 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,852 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 12:27 PM | Locked

Sheila, so glad you survived the "going around ickys". I had it and it is no fun. Perhaps, with your time off, you will get back to full strenght. So glad DMIL had a successful pacemaker installation. Will say a prayer that things continue along well for her. I lost my  DMILFH this past March, and never though I would say this, but I miss her with all my heart. 

Have a Merry Christmas, a good rest and happy time with fam and friends.  We will catch you on the other side.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 12:28 PM | Locked

Good choices, Cutie. I love it.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 1:48 PM | Locked

Barbara

Do you have enough of the white to do all the sashings?  I personally find the red very distracting,

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 30,575
Agnes replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 2:56 PM | Locked

Nana:
I personally find the red very distracting,

I agree. I also would like to see that sashing along the perimeter of the blocks so each side of every block touches the same fabric. I like cornerstones but could you makes them just hold the corner rather than say "Look at me?" I would try something without the red. The teapots should be the stars. Something I was told was if in doubt how to choose sashing and borders take a look at some professionally framed photos. The mats and frames set the exterior but are there to enhance the project, not call attention to themselves.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,890
Lisa replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 3:10 PM | Locked

Sheila:

Lisa - Awesome job on that pink & white. Love the bold statement it makes. It's an angel?? That is soooo cool.

Yes it is an angel - baby Emma, who will be receiving this, was born today to my niece in Arizona.  9lbs 6oz.  (The last I had heard she was due on my anniversary - Jan 10.....but she arrived on her original due date)  As soon as the tree comes down next week I will need to get this finished and in the mail!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 92
Points 2,430
KathyColorado replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 3:21 PM | Locked

Just finished my first quilt ever.   This is one of four (the others aren't completed) that I did in a piecing class last summer.  I finished it just in time to get it in the mail for Christmas  . I had asked all of you for advice on the backing and binding and this is what I ended up with....thank you all for your input.  I am sooo fortunate to have a longarm quilter in our area that also does quilting for McCall's Quilting Magazine and she agreed to do this quilt for little ol' me.

Kathy

• | Post Points: 185
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 3:33 PM | Locked

Kathy2878  This is really pretty. You have done a beautiful job. Be proud, be very proud.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 3:48 PM | Locked

Beautifulquilt!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 4:18 PM | Locked

Kathy

Your quilt is gorgeous.  You did an excellent job on your first ever quilt.  You should be very proud.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 4:42 PM | Locked

Barbara - love it - it really shows them off now - the teapots are so pretty and you can see them...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,199
Points 253,527
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 4:43 PM | Locked

Kathy2878:

Just finished my first quilt ever.   This is one of four (the others aren't completed) that I did in a piecing class last summer.  I finished it just in time to get it in the mail for Christmas  . I had asked all of you for advice on the backing and binding and this is what I ended up with....thank you all for your input.  I am sooo fortunate to have a longarm quilter in our area that also does quilting for McCall's Quilting Magazine and she agreed to do this quilt for little ol' me.

Kathy - awesome job - you should really pat yourself on the back - love it!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 4:49 PM | Locked

Kathy2878:
Just finished my first quilt ever.  

I love your quilt.  I really like black and white quilts and the backing really sets off the front.  I like the way it was quilted.  I think I will try that design on one of my quilts!  Are you working on your next quilt yet?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,273
Points 35,215
Granny M replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 5:42 PM | Locked

Kathy -- really pretty quilt.  the quilting sets it off nicely. 

I have been working hard for the past couple of months and I guess today was my "crash" day.   I sat down at 12 noon, dog on my lap.  I fell asleep and did not wake up until 3:45.  Never made it to the quilting house.  I have two quilts and wanted to get one at least on the frame today. But guess the body and brain had other ideas for me today.   I at least now have all the presents wrapped and all the food bought for the holiday dinner. Family has all said they will be here Christmas eve so it will be a great Christmas.  No snow so I don't have to worry about them traveling on slick roads. 

Everyone Have a Very Merry Christmas, see you in church

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,308
Points 254,974
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 6:02 PM | Locked

Kathy, You have done a fabalous job on your first quilt. very very pretty, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 6:16 PM | Locked

Thea:
DH is off starting today for the Christmas holiday and wants to go shopping this afternoon - ARGH!  He needs new work boots
DGS needed Grandma to take him up to the recruiter so he could work on some more online classes.  Naturally the recruiters office is in what else??........ a strip mall just down a short ways from one of the busiest shopping areas in Henry County!  It's a good thing I love that kid so much. :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 296 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 294 295 296 297 298 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.