Did you work on a quilt today? #4

Page 295 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 293 294 295 296 297 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,852 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,258
Points 254,064
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 10:15 PM | Locked

OHOOOO the blue and white check is an old plastic table cloth I have used to help hold up my flannel for my design board. Know way to hide it ...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,258
Points 254,064
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 10:21 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone one for your input, I have never had so much trouble figureing out what to do for sahings and borders I appericate all your help .. I gotta do something about that tablecloth  LOL.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,966
Points 384,132
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 10:58 PM | Locked

Granny Agnes:
I'll jump in here. Mug Rugs are rectangular so you have room for the mug AND most importantly for the treat that you have to have to eat. 

I should have read further before answering Nana's query about the shape. I, of all people, should have known that. I love snack time and I usually have a cup of tea or hot chocolate with a treat.

All the recipients so far have love their mug rugs. I have four more to make but after a very busy day at work I just want to lie down. No sewing tonight.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 11:38 PM | Locked

Barbara

I like the orange but I think it would look better with an inner border of the orange before you add your blue and orange border.   And that is coming from someone who rarely uses orange....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 3:25 AM | Locked

Barbara:
I gotta do something about that tablecloth  LOL.. Barbara

we quilters see all !

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 30,575
Agnes replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 7:08 AM | Locked

Kris:
I thought maybe you could put a cup and small saucer on these.

After my comment yesterday of the mug and treat because that's how I use mine most times I looked at mine. On it were my bowl of oatmeal and glass of juice. I have mine on the computer desk which is set up as my cutting table. I must get a shot of the whole scene this morning. I have breakfast at the computer while hubby has the daily paper spread out on the dining room table with his breakfast. We take the other meals together at the dining room table. I think of them as mini place mats, much like the cup and snack trays of the 60s. Yup, I'm dating myself.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 8:44 AM | Locked

Yes Marge, U will have to twist my arm very hard, U know I'm no pushover!

As for that "big dog" aka HRH Dharma just try to get her pillow, she might share but only very small area.  It is a riot to watch Buster try and get on it with her, just went to get camera and he moved away...oh well will add picture later LOL!

Sukochi will be fun to meet U finally and to see Nana!  Looking forward to it sometime soon.  Have a very Blessed Christmas,  above all, Jesus is the reason for the season

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 8:55 AM | Locked

Joni:
Sukochi will be fun to meet U finally and to see Nana!

This would be NAN, from TN. not NANA.

Have a Merry Little Christmas, your self.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 9:16 AM | Locked

Dharma's ideas of sharing...

Buster keeping Mom's chair warm, can U believe that 2 month old pup in my avatar has grown to this size in 4 months?  He just sat outside the fence and stole our hearts completely!

OOPS! Here she comes!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 9:17 AM | Locked

'K Nan, will be fun to meet U!    Hi Nana guess I'll have to wait to see U again!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,125
Points 252,497
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 9:21 AM | Locked

Joni, Your pups are adorable -I am hiding the computer pictures so Abby and Sissy don't see this - they are not allowed on the furniture - it is bad enough to have the puddy cats up there - not much left over hair from them - but the pups - oh gosh - I vacuum up so much white hair every day - so they aren't allowed to see these pictures - I would never here the end of it...

I am ready for the day and hope to have all 8 rows sewn together today - I have rows 1,2,3&4 over there waiting for me to sew the seam between 2 & 3 so they are together - got them all pressed and the pins in the centers of each section... took me almost an hour to do that - so decided I deserved a break to check on QCA and I was a little tired... I have all day - well almost all day - DH is off starting today for the Christmas holiday and wants to go shopping this afternoon - ARGH!  He needs new work boots - shopping with all those crazy people out there... tried to say honey you can go alone and he said PWEEEZE come with me - so you know I just had to say okay but very quietly - hopefully we can get in and out before anyone really notices that it is a Christmas shopping day!...teehee...

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 100
Points 2,120
Cathy replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 9:31 AM | Locked

Today I'm working on an applique bird from the book Applique takes Wings, by Jane Townswick. This bird is a cardinal with wings. Jane uses a very unique technique for birds. If you want to see some of my birds I posted some pictures in the applique group. 

Cathy

• Filed under:
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 9:40 AM | Locked

Joni

Dharma and Buster are precious.  It is really cute seeing Buster trying to find an inch or two to lay on....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 12:10 PM | Locked

No quilting for me today but, I did want to update everyone. I had a 24 hr both ends sort of bug on tuesday that laid me low and then yesterday I was on to take DMIL to the Cath Lab to get a pacemaker installed. Mission accomplished but, WOW! It took all day. I was gone over 12 hrs and just coming off the "bug," it really wiped me out. On the plus side, I was able to retain solid food yesterday and DMIL said she LOVED the lap quilt (pix posted the other day). You could have knocked me over with a feather (of course, I was still pretty weak, too)! But, I'm back to 100% today, finishing up here at work and looking forward to 5 days off.

Haven't been able to catch up on posts and can't post from my phone so, I'll have to carve out some time to skim through them all over the next few days but,... gosh...can one every get caught up on here?? LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,258
Points 254,064
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 22 2011 12:21 PM | Locked

I changed the teapot quilt  around to some different fabric  so I need opinions again. this time I didn't piece it together ,I was real lucky it came apart easy. this one  is just posted on my design wall . I'm thinking about for my borders doing a thin red strip and an wider back and white strip to equal 4x4 in then using the same fabric as the little squares for 4 big  4x4 sales in each corner . Now that just my idea . I have never had s much problem picking out sashing and borders before. LOL

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 95
Page 295 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 293 294 295 296 297 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use