Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #4

Page 272 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 270 271 272 273 274 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,852 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 9:42 PM | Locked

Nana:
I just finished the 20 exchange blocks for the VA Beach retreat.   Sorry can't share pics of this one. 

WTG Nana.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 9:45 PM | Locked

Kris ,thank you ,I have not started on the other project yet ,I did get my fabric picked out ,but I was doing the bible and now I have to go back and watch the couching part again.. Gald yyou are doing the class,I think Carol is a great teacher. I sent her a picture of my work and she like it to  made me feel good .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 10:04 PM | Locked

Elaine ,I see you are online, how are you feeling ? good to see you back .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 10:05 PM | Locked

I am back. Had my surgery on Dec 7. I am still in pain, and I'm sure that's not going away for a while, but I will survive, and actually it hasn't been as bad as I expected. I stayed with my daughter for a week, and she brought me home yesterday. The Dr says I'm right where I should be. I won't start therapy until January. The graft to the bone needs to heal first. Just doing mild ROM and no raising the arm above my waist level. Just wanted to check in and let you all know I survived so far. LOL.

Barbara, I love your sticher's bible. I want to do something like that, and I think I can do it while I can't use my rt arm much.

Nana, I envy you already having your VB blocks done. I am still trying to decide what I want to do.

I've been checking in today and admire everything everyone is doing.

I'm drugged up, so I'd better go to bed.

• | Post Points: 140
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 10:07 PM | Locked

Welcome Back Eileen.  So glad you are back home and doing well.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 10:34 PM | Locked

Elaine

I am so happy to hear that your surgery went well and that you are doing alright.  Hopefully the pain will ease up some soon.  Good luck with the therapy.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,655
Debra replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 10:36 PM | Locked

Yes... I did work on my quilt(s) today. Was able to get 3 more blocks done on the Double Dutch. And actually made it through the last block with only having to stitch it once. lol (Grin)

Also planning on the next quilt too. So I have one I am hand quilting (Prarie Picnic, one for the machine peicing (double dutch), one ready for cutting (a christmas kit.)  and one/two in planning stages.

ok... is this about right? lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 10:38 PM | Locked

Debbie

I usually have 2 or 3 that I am actively working on and several more bouncing around in my head.   Now that doesn't count the bajillion quilt tops waiting on me to decide to quilt them....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 10:58 PM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
I am back.

Elaine

Glad you're back.  Hope you get to feeling better very soon.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Get well hugs!

Marlene and Ms Cricket

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 11:03 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
usual pointy all-over meander in a variegated thread.  I'll bind it tomorrow and then get a full picture posted.

Nancy

That is really nice quilting and a pretty blocks. I can't wait to see the entire quilt.  I really like the quilting design you do, its really pretty.  I have tops I can slide into your stack of UFO's waiting to be quilted.......   Gotta keep that LA going full time. LOL

Great job!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 11:15 PM | Locked

Nana:
I just finished the 20 exchange blocks for the VA Beach retreat.   Sorry can't share pics of this one.   Now on to piecing some blocks to use for applique.

Nana

What, What, You just finished your 20 blocks! Are you kidding me! Geez whiz, I barely decided on my fabrics after buying and rejecting how many?  You probably have your Christmas pies done and in the freezer ready to bake too?  Geez, Nana, you're making me look like Lazy girl here.

I just paid off my ticket early on my charge card for the retreat today and thought that was a miracle.  Silly girl I am here.

Well, I will just send you MY fabric and you can do whatever you want. I will sign my blocks when I get there. I  am sure you will have them done about 30 min. after the Postman gets there, Oh, I forget, I am using United parcel now. LOL-  Me and the post office seem to have bad luck together.

SO how many margaritas will I owe you for 20 blocks?  : )  name it LOL

Hugs!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 11:21 PM | Locked

Patti:
So I am only packing the shades so I won't be tempted.  Sewing from 3 to 10. 

Have a good time sewing Patti. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 11:25 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Really wanted to finish that stack-n-whack today, but instead went out for breakfast, grocery shopping, and errands, then home for a long dog walk, and then baked an apple-cranberry pie while DH made his famous smoked salmon chowder.  We'll be eating well tonight and watching a DVD movie. 

Nancy,

sounds like the perfect day.

MNnancy:
Thanks for the nice comments about my pointy quilting motif - I love it because it's easy, it allows me to change direction quickly, and it looks a little different than a normal stipple.  I need to move beyond that, though.  I want to master straight lines with the HQ ruler next.

You're doing such a great job with quilting. You'll have those lines down in no time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 11:26 PM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
I am back. Had my surgery on Dec 7. I am still in pain, and I'm sure that's not going away for a while, but I will survive, and actually it hasn't been as bad as I expected. I stayed with my daughter for a week, and she brought me home yesterday. The Dr says I'm right where I should be. I won't start therapy until January. The graft to the bone needs to heal first. Just doing mild ROM and no raising the arm above my waist level. Just wanted to check in and let you all know I survived so far. LOL.

Thanks for the update Elaine. I'm glad the surgery went well.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,179
gini replied on Fri, Dec 16 2011 11:45 PM | Locked

elaine, i'm glad your surgery went well, it's good to have you back with us

nancy,  it sounds like a perfect day, even without quilting.

dang it marlene, you got your dibs in first for nana to make your VB blocks.   i don't have a plan or fabric or anything.   we have months and months to do them, right?

barbara, you are so organized, i have a stitchers rat's nest.   i've done them all and they are labled in order, but they are on several pieces of cloth and thrown in a box.  do you want to come organize me?   sam's a great cook and you can have your own room with a comfy bed !!!

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Page 272 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 270 271 272 273 274 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use