Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #4

Page 268 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 266 267 268 269 270 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,852 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 7:51 AM | Locked

Thea, thank you ,I appericate it . I will look  and see what I can find out about this fabric . But I'm Not really sure I understand  about the placement , Can you repost a picture of your Caterwauling Quilt again so I can see what you mean , Thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 8:45 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Thea, thank you ,I appericate it . I will look  and see what I can find out about this fabric . But I'm Not really sure I understand  about the placement , Can you repost a picture of your Caterwauling Quilt again so I can see what you mean , Thanks Barbara

Yes, Thea~ did you do Caterwauling?  I have all the fixin's but haven't started it. I think I have enough fabric to make two, because it was hard to fine it.

And no I haven't and probably won't until Saturday or Sunday. Busy getting baking done and best get my behind out to the kitchen and make some breakfast and start those refrigerator cookie dough.

have a great day!

xoxoxo,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 10:27 AM | Locked

Barbara - I took the caterwauling center and cut it into the rectangles - all different sizes - then I took the coordinating fabrics and made pieced blocks to go around the rectangles and made them big squares - I then sewed them all together with flying geese blocks.  We don't have to make your teapot quilt that big - but it would be fun to design a way to put it together with coordinating fabrics and a block to cement it all together... 

here is a reposting of my caterwauling quilt - it turned out huge but that was my fault... I had a stupid - real stupid moment - thinking that if I made 4x8 flying geese that I wouldn't have to make that many - I should have made smaller ones... the the quilt would have been a normal queen... DH does love it this large though as we both can roll on the bed and roll up in it and the other person doesn't lose any covering...teeheee...

this last picture is the back of the quilt - I took all my left over fabrics and cut into squares - I attempted to put them into a pleasing array - it worked a little bit...lol... I always buy 3 yards of all the fabrics I buy so with so many fabrics that were coordinating for this quilt top I had plenty for the back - You can see by the picture on the bed how big it is!  It is over 110" square.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 10:34 AM | Locked

Barbara - I didn't have a pattern for my Caterwauling quilt - it is all my own - I picked blocks that had to do with cats...  anything that I could find - then as you can see - I took the center part of each block that was a cat and made blocks that would fit that size - either the long side or the short side... I tied it all together with those flying geese and the border fabric.

I think we could do something like this for your teapots - pick fabrics that coordinate with all your teapots - the fabrics you would use to sash them - then make pieced blocks and center a teapot - or two teapots in one section - and use a block like the flying geese to cement it all together - you could use a snowball or a square in a square where I have put flying geese - or use flying geese like I did... 

Of course, just sashing them and putting them together would be pretty because the teapots are so pretty... I was just thinking something original like Caterwauling would be cute... We could do some sashing too with applique'd sugar cubes going one direction and applique'd spoons going the other...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 11:04 AM | Locked

Thea ,thanks I understand know what you are saying ,I do like it ,I'm going to have to give it a little thought and see what I have  as far as fabric, I don't have enough of all the fabric I used on the teapots because a lot of them were Fat Quarters. but some of them I could use to make snowball blocks with, I'm just going to have to sit down with my sketch pad and see what I can work out ..I do like your quilt ,it is very cute,I like what you did with the back ,what size did you make the blocks.? I think that would be great for mine. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 11:28 AM | Locked

Thea, love your quilt, both sides!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 12:15 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Kris:

msplantladi:
Well I have finally got all the Easter decorations up.

Huh? Easter?

She's probably trying to keep up with the stores.  I'm sure they're gearing up for Easter already.  Sigh....

Blerk! When did I miss Valentine's Day? and St Patrick's Day? and President's Day...???? I'm so confused...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 12:39 PM | Locked

I was in JoAnn's yesterday and they had the Valentines fabric and decorations out...Walgreen's has some too!  Haven't seen St. Patty's Day or Easter yet, thank goodness.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 12:44 PM | Locked

I've been putting binding on my "cow" placements for DD1,  Plan on making the backing and loading DSIL's ugly quilt on the frame and getting it started.  Then I still have 10 placemats and at least 2 pillows,maybe four made...if I can just stay off of this computer. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 12:47 PM | Locked

Barbara:
I don't have enough of all the fabric I used on the teapots
 You don't need to use fabrics from the teapots but something that will coordinate with all the teapots and make the teapots stand out.  The back side - I can't remember what size I cut the blocks - have to go measure - i am thinking they were around 9" though - I had some strips left from cutting the other pieces so went with the smallest strip and made all the blocks that size squared.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 5:45 PM | Locked

Barbara, seeing them all together I really can't choose a favorite one, they are all so beautiful.  You've done an excellent job and you should be proud of yourself.  Can't wait to see your blocks sashed and then bordered.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440
Beth Weigt replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 5:57 PM | Locked

Barbara - Really enjoyed seeing all the teapots.  This project reminds me of something my grandmother did.  Don't have pictures except the one in my head.  It is really going to be stunning.  Thea's idea is good but I'm sure you will come up with something just as good.

Beth from Illinois

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440
Beth Weigt replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 6:01 PM | Locked

Today I got the last border on "hungry caterpillar' and got it on my frame.  Also started quilting a smaller Christmas piece which I need to get in the mail with the two quilts :(

DH wanted to go to hobby shop and buy track (he can't drive yet so guess who had to go).  Then had to finish my Christmas shopping (DONE!!!) - made him wait in car while I ran into the other 4 shops.

Ran out of thread for the smaller Christmas panel so one of the stops was for thread :)

Beth from Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 6:01 PM | Locked

Thea I had forgotten how cute this quilt was.  Love it!  Nice job designing it!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 15 2011 6:15 PM | Locked

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ki8EcnVbd-Q

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 65
Page 268 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 266 267 268 269 270 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use