Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #4

Page 264 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 262 263 264 265 266 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,852 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 2:49 PM | Locked

Probably not, diabetics have food restrictions that would make us all thinner.  Well, me for sure.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 2:52 PM | Locked

gini:
we can expect another  bundle of joy in july.
  Are not new babies fun.  All the quilts you can make for them.  and best of all you get to sleep throught the night.    Are you getting ready for ski season yet.   So far we have missed the snow, I did hear that Snow Shoe resort opened last week, but it has warmed up and they may have to close down again for a while.  Not being a skier myself, I really do not want snow. 

I am having withdrawal today, to many things to get done yesterday and today so no quilting, Going to hit it bright and early tomorrow though.  PS Chocolate helps with the withdrawal symptoms.

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,954
Points 368,352
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 3:03 PM | Locked

Marie:

Kris it's beautiful!  Madeline will be so happy to receive it, lucky girl!

Thanks Marie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,954
Points 368,352
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 3:05 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
That is a beautiful quilt, Kris!  Wonderful colors, and I LOVE the border fabric.

Thanks Nancy.

MNnancy:
What made you decide to quilt it on your domestic? 

Temporary insanity? Not sure. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Took me months to finish. After I got the middle done I left it alone. Her birthday (tomorrow) spurred me on to the finish.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 6:07 PM | Locked

Kris:
I look forward to your blogs posts.

Good to know someone reads them.  I would like to have more time to write.  Maybe after the holidays! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 6:59 PM | Locked

I'm taking a break from my quilting to peek in on all the beautiful projects.  I went back about 12 or 14 pages and am only on 257 and am so impressed!

Nana, you can outquilt anyone! LOL I love the table scarves & block for the VB retreat.

Marie, you got some really cute jewelry from CC - how sweet of her & perfect for you :-)

Barbara, your teapots are multiplying rapidly! I love the variety of fabrics & pots.

Gini, thank you for the link to the tentmakers - what incredible art they make! Your own art quilt is amazing & reminds me of my DFIL. He and I both love to look at the bare & sparse evergreen trees with a winter sunrise or sunset behind them.  I remember him just looking at your evergreens. I'm sure your friend will be pleased with this quilt.

Jeanine, you and your friends sure knew how to touch Rachel's heart - what a loving gift & beautiful quilt.

Beth, as a former children's librarian, I love Eric Carle's book & it's such fun to see your grouchy ladybug quilt. It's darling!

Ok, back to more eye candy - let's see what else I can find!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 7:03 PM | Locked

Thea, your fairy frost DWR is looking great! Kudos to you on your progress :-)  When did you say you were mailing this to me?! LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 7:14 PM | Locked

Yep, Nana is quilting circles around us! LOL  Very pretty table runner.

Kris, I saw Madeline's quilt on your blog - it's perfect for a young girl & I bet she loves it :-)

I am being stubborn & quilting a full/queen size quilt at my sewing table - this is hard on my tendinitis in my arms & hard on my shoulders (i've been "slinging" the quilt over my left shoulder when most of it is in front of the machine).  I have a second table behind my quilting table, but this quilt is a beast & the drag is incredible! I have to keep stopping so I can shift the weight of the quilt & get better control over the area I'm working on.  This will not be my best job by far, but I'm trying to have fun & get it done in time to give it to Hannah on Christmas Eve.  I plan to do Grace's on the frame but the fabric I ordered to make leader cloths still has not arrived, plus I got a second e-mail from the company today with a different tracking number & shipped date. We'll see what arrives & when, though I've emailed them back asking what is going on.

For now I'll have a bite to eat & then get back to quilting. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665
msplantladi replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 7:17 PM | Locked

Glad to see everyone had a good day.

happy sewing

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,358
Points 28,605
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 7:45 PM | Locked

gini:
it looks like steam is swirling around it

Nana, that's what my first impression of the block was also!  I liked it right away then looked at your comment and everyone elses and tried to pick it apart, but I like it even more now.  It really does grow on you.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,358
Points 28,605
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Dec 13 2011 7:51 PM | Locked

Thea, your DWR is going together so beautifully that I am more anxious than ever to start mine, but it will have to wait for a while yet. 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 12:38 PM | Locked

Hi all I finishes another teapot today,One more to go . yeah rah,, I like this one .I used some batiks on this one and i really like how it came out. lots of little peices as you can all see,  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 140
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 12:40 PM | Locked

Barbara, very pretty. Were the names already embroidered on the back ground or did you have to do it>

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 12:42 PM | Locked

thanks Leslie, No I did them on my machine.once I got it all figured out it was not hard.. All the teapots have names on them some just didn't show up well in the pictures. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 12:43 PM | Locked

Barbara

Really pretty.  Love all the flowers.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 264 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 262 263 264 265 266 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use