Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #4

Page 58 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,852 Replies | 48 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,242
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 3:37 AM | Locked

Denise_Oregon:
I finished my Quilt for Kids quilt today

Well done Denise. It's very cute.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,242
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 3:41 AM | Locked

KATHY:
.thinking about trying freezer paper pinning it down ( ironing it first of course )  and hoping I don't have to pick out too much of the paper after i sew on it...

I'm late with this but try Glad Press 'n' Seal. Trace your design on it using a ball point pen the smooth it onto your quilt top. Sew right through it. The needle perforations make it easy to tear away. No mess.

I have tried it before and it worked well. I've even used it for back basting appliqué.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
mjb replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 7:14 AM | Locked

I just downloaded the first part and I can't wait to get started. I already have the fabric here so no need to purchase anything, well so far at least. It's been years since I've done a mystery quilt! This is going to be fun and I hope to make so new friends too!!! Thanks for the free pattern and for the opportunity to participate!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 130
Peg Lassen replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 7:35 AM | Locked

I work on a quilt almost every day....just can't get enough!!!  My first quilt (that I started 2 years ago) grew from a double bed size to a King size...no need for a dust ruffle now!  Found out I was doing trapunto (didn't even know what that was)and it's all hand quilting.  Just have the outside border and the rolled edge left to quilt.  Meanwhile, I've done quilted wall hangings, lap quilts, and tote bags.  My stash is growning and my dining room table is no longer for eating on...it's got quilt stuff all over it!  Oh, well, that's what t.v. trays are for!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 9:48 AM | Locked

The quilt for kids is great. 

Granny M

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 9:56 AM | Locked

No not yet, but I just got the fabric requirements for Mystery Quilt V so I'm off to my stash to see if I have any of the requirements.

Then I'm going to start work on Melon Lane with all the fat quarters that I could find lying around the Internet!

DH is gone for the day and it is just me, the dogs and Ms Boots, who isn't behaving today! Ms Boots will have to stay here while the dogs and I go to the sewing room

Until later,

xoxoxo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 9:57 AM | Locked

Peg Lassen:
I work on a quilt almost every day....

me too.  But I am so slow.  lately I have been just doing some really fast and easy patterns so I can practice on the long arm.   I took over a whole house for quilting, literally.  We have an old farm house that we were renting.  It was the only place I had enough room for the long arm.  So I have gone from having part of my office with a table that is 2 ft wide and 4 ft long + a bedroom full of material, to a place where I have a living room to display quilt, a room that has a sewing machine, iron, and extra 6 ft table and a cutting room with room to store fabric.  I have a 6 ft by 6 ft cutting table!   If I have died and gone to heaven, don't tell me.  If I am dreaming, don't wake me up.   It is almost too much room right now. 

Granny M

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 11:16 AM | Locked

Granny M:
It is almost too much room right now. 

Oh, how I wish I had some room.  My quilting frame and mid-arm machine are wall to wall in one of my bedrooms, along with my ironing board and bins full of my stash.  I can't work from the back of my machine, so I'm limited to FMQ.  My sewing machine for piecing and my cutting table 3'X6' are in the middle of my living room, much to my husband's dismay.  Of course my desk and computer are there too!   I don't have a wall large enough to use as a design wall, so I use the dining room table (I have to remove everything when we have family events) and my middle grandson also keeps his laptop set up there.  I have quilt tops that need to be quilted, 9 of them right now, stored in the master bedroom armoire, and the breakfast bar is covered with rulers, scissors and other various sewing and quilting notions.  The closets to both of the spare (there really isn't anything spare) bedrooms are filled with crocheting, cross-stitch, and scrapbooking supplies.  And there are boxes of books that I keep meaning to donate to the local library's book sale stacked in the corners because the book cases are running over.  And believe it or not, I'm not a hoarder...just really cramped for space.  I need a big old farmhouse with a full basement and then maybe I would be able to organize.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 11:21 AM | Locked

Yes, but as I did add the sashing for the side i realized why some quilters do the sashing to each block and not chain stitch. You tend to get over zealous and forget that you don't need that sashing piece attached to each side of the block so then you have to add more sashing to the side sashing line to make up the difference in size. Has this happened to you? What did you do?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 11:26 AM | Locked

I did that on my first quilt...but after doing it once it doesn't take long to learn not to do it again.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 7:18 AM | Locked

Its over cast and cool this morning in Savannah.  Oh Fall, it just around the corner, YES.  Working working working on my latest scrapy quilt.  I'm in a scrappy phase right now.  I've gotten about 2/3 of my squares for this quilt completed, anxious to see the results.  Have a great day quilty friends.

Cindy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 7:50 AM | Locked

Quilt Daddy, Are there requirements for the Ronald MacDonald quilts?  I am sure Atlanta would have Ronald MacDonald houses, that I could donate quilts to. I have given quilt to friends and family and no one wants anymore. So, looking for a place to donate. A Family Recovery House just opened in Ellijay and I thought that would be a good place. It is for Mothers who have "graduated" from a year of drug/alcohol rehab and want to reunite with their kids. I thought those Mom and kids would be comforted by a quilt to snaggle under. I just don't know what size to make them.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 7:55 AM | Locked

I have been working the past few days on getting some of my tops quilted, Sure does make the shoulders ache, .Good mine are on the smaller side, I'm almost does with the Dresden plate wall hanging I made and its looking real good ,this is the first time I've actually quilted on my new Janome so have had to take time to read the instructions for all of the goodies ,they work wonderful, my biggest problem is remembering to put the feed dogs back in place when I get finished LOL, that sure is a shock when you try to stitch something and it just slides thru   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 8:03 AM | Locked

WOW!   THANKS KRIS!!  I DEFINATELY WILL TRY THIS!!

HAPPY QUILTING!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Page 58 of 391 (5853 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use