What are you up to today? #4

Page 370 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 368 369 370 371 372 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Jan 2 2012 8:00 PM | Locked

Marie:
Well I guess I'll sign off for now, next time you hear from me will be from Florida

Have fun in FlA Marie.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 8:55 AM | Locked

It's a new day. Yippee!! :D

I get to do another pile of laundry (making up for lost time while the kids were home and house-guests were using up my time over the holidays)...and do some mending ( I blew out the elastic on my maternity pants!! What is up with that!!???? 'Talk about making me feel fat!)... and drag DH to the dentist. So, I have plenty to keep me out of mischief.  ...In theory. At least I'll get to sew something today.  Kinda.

I have a real weakness for sugar and the holiday goodies really got it revved up this year. I found myself munching candy all weekend. Dang it! No wonder I feel run down. Gonna try to get back on track this week. Had a tangerine for breakfast. It was every bit as sweet as a cookie, but somehow my mind still says "Nope. I'd prefer a Hershey Kiss, Thank you."  ARGH!!! I'm my own worst enemy!

And this afternoon, our darling Marie goes airborn for a few pleasant hours. 3 months in the sun!! What a Lucky gal. I know she's not going to be doing much quilting. Instead she'll be cruising town, checking out all the guys in shorts and drooling over their nice thighs.  Watch out Florida!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 9:13 AM | Locked

mumble, grumble, drag my feet to work today. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 86,340
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 9:32 AM | Locked

Thanking God today for our lives. We had  carbon monoxide in our house last evening. Our Yorkie started acting strange first. then Jim started with heart palpitations, dizziness, and the burning in his throat. I started last. I was in the sewing room, trying to work on  that itty bitty tree. I looked up at it and had no idea how to even cut the fabric. I pulled out the books, still blank. I felt sick, staggering, burning throat. The wood stove had been on all day. It had burned down to embers.  Jim called the EFD and they had the Captain CALL us back. No one came....ever. He said open windows, vent the house and go outside for a little while to clear our lungs. So, we did. It was so cold. When we came back in, I still felt the strong burning in my throat, and smelled smoke. Jim closed the damper to kill the fire completely. I still couldn't think. Told Jim I needed to go to the Mental hospital for a 72 hour hold. I thought I was losing my mind.  I opened the bedroom windows, got a cup of hot tea and put on my warmest jammies. I wrote a letter to God, prayed and told Jim that I was going to stay awake all night because I was going to die and wanted to be awake for that. I took a Valium then, after the letter and lots of prayer, I calmed down, the burning in my throat went away and I was OK, Jim was OK and Lily was OK. We will go today and get a carbon monoxide detector. I can't believe not one fire truck came to check the amt. of c.m. in the house or check our lungs. But, that is Gilmer County for you. Takes a fire truck almost 15 minutes to get here, anyway. So, thank you Lord, we are fine today. The guy who installed the stove is coming this afternoon to install what ever it is that the Captain of the EFD said we must have for wood stoves in double wide mobile home.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,552
Points 40,355
Linda replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

For all of you who are returning to work today....I'm sorry. It must be very difficult. I remember those days and am very thankful I don't have to do it anymore. Don't worry there will come a time you don't have to anymore either. But be thankful you have a job. There are so many who are out of work.

Now for those of us who get to stay home....YIPEE!!! Today I have to go to the chiropractor and get straightened out! When I get home, I hope to make my BOM blocks. Notice I said hope...sometimes I come home from the chiropractor and take a very long nap. I also want to work on my precious project...a wallhanging that our alzheimer congregation member started. I'm quilting by hand and I can watch a movie at the same time. I can elevate my feet too. They swelled up over the holidays because I wasn't paying attention to my diet and ate too much salted foods. Ooops! Yesterday I could barely get shoes on. This morning the swelling is down.

Have a blessed week everyone.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 10:22 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Thanking God today for our lives. We had  carbon monoxide in our house last evening.

Oh, Sukochi, I am so glad you are alright.  We are in a double wide also and we have a wood burning stove, but we don't use it often.  Is your wood stove approved for mobile homes?  Ours is and the few times we have used it, we've had no problems.  I think I will go out and get CO detectors, too.  That is so scary!

I'm praying that God will keep you safe and sound and warm this winter.  We are having an unseasonably warm and dry year.   Yesteray it was 69 degress in Reno (35 miles away), but we only got into the 50's.  We went all through December without any precipitation of any kind...the first time since records have been kept (120 years I understand) that there has been no precip in December.  They are predicting that we won't get anything wet until at least the middle of this month, if then.  We are still in wildfire season so that is scary too!

Thank goodness we have a great fire department...and sheriff's department.  It only takes them about 3 minutes to get here, if they're not on several other calls.  The ambulance is pretty fast, too, but when we had that emergency at the cemetery last month, they seemed to take forever as all the ambulances were out on calls.  It took about 10 minutes and then 2 of them showed up.

Hope your New Year improves and that the rest of 2012 will find you happy and prospering.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,857
Thea replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 10:40 AM | Locked

Sukochi - I am worried that it was CO that caused your problems and that you were able to get out safely - most people who have problems with that die and never know that they had a problem - so glad you got out and yes get that fireplace checked out... 

Karla - do buy the monitors - we put them in my Mom's house a few years ago - I need to get them here but so far I have the doors open all year round so have fresh air - (door is open so cats can go in and out at their will - on the coldest days they get mad cuz the doors are closed- teehee)

We have a great fire department here too - they come for almost anything and would love to demonstrate how to check for carbon monoxide levels in your home... 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,857
Thea replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 10:44 AM | Locked

chocake2:
eally got it revved up this year. I found myself munching candy all weekend. Dang it! No wonder I feel run down. Gonna try to get back on track this week. Had a tangerine for breakfast. It was every bit as sweet as a cookie, but somehow my mind still says "Nope. I'd prefer a Hershey Kiss, Thank you."  ARGH!!! I'm my own worst enemy!

CC - you make me smile so much - elastic problems and sugar problems...lol

I wish I could blame my craving for sweets on a pregnancy - but alas those days are long gone...teehee... I did however almost eat all my sugar cookies that I made up - I should have sent them down the road with my DSIL but she was out the door before I thought of it - she did help me out though while she was here - of the 3 dozen I made of the medium large sugar cookies she ate a dozen - so I only had 24 to eat myself (DH doesn't eat sweets he gets his sugar from his beer-teehee)... but I only allowed myself to take 3 at a time... then I had to wait till later...lmao...

I do like those hershey kisses and have peanut butter cookies with a kiss in the middle to eat up - but one of those a day is more then enough to satisfy my cravings...lmao

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,857
Thea replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 10:46 AM | Locked

Patti:

mumble, grumble, drag my feet to work today. 

Patti - I am so sorry that you have to work today - somedays I wish I had a job to go to rather then sit here at home in my easy chair watching TV waiting to sew on my sewing machine... then I wake up and know that I have it better...teehee...

But someday you will get to be lazy like me... I wonder why it seems that I had more energy when I worked then I do now... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,857
Thea replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 10:49 AM | Locked

Karla:

Thea:

It doesn't wind it full enough but I press the button and keep it filling it till it is where I want it.  I never understand why our bobbins don't fill all the way... 

The newer, more expensive version has an adjustment wheel so you can fill it up as full as you want it.  It is also bigger and has a few other things that the small one doesn't have.  I really like it as it is so hard, with the limited space I have around my quilting frame, to wind bobbins on my midarm machine.  I got it online and it was on sale when I got it, but I think it usually runs around $100.   I wouldn't trade it for anything now.

Karla - see that price tag of $100 - I just couldn't do that - teehee - so pushing the button on my $10 one works for me - I did look at the bigger one at the Houston quilt show in 2010 and thought how awesome it was - but - jodie wouldn't buy it for me so i'll just have to wait till they make the next one and sell this one for less - or find one of those sales on the internet - the one I bought for $10 actually is priced I think around $30 - $40 so you see - I am stingy unless I am buying fabric...teehee

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 11:31 AM | Locked

Thea:
I wish I could blame my craving for sweets on a pregnancy - but alas those days are long gone...teehee...

I didn't blame my sugar craving on Pregnancy. Not at all.   It's my sweet personality... 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 11:37 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I am so glad that you came out OK. CO2 is nothing to mess with! You were fortunate that you were awake and noticed that you had problems. Just a hint: most fire depts have smoke/Co2 detectors that they give away free. Call them back and ask if they have any. Usually they pass them out in Oct (Fire Prevention Month) but it sure doesn't hurt to ask if they have some availible now!  And then, after you've asked, chew their sorry butts royaly for their lack of responce. There's no excuse for that!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,857
Thea replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 12:22 PM | Locked

chocake2:
It's my sweet personality... 
and you are very very sweet!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 1:20 PM | Locked

boy I forgot how much you guys chat on here...lol...22 pages of chat since Dec 30..when I was on here last...don't think I can sit and read through them all..just not enough time...the retreat looks nice but not on the books at the moment..got lots going on right now...and really enjoying my quilting time here in my sewing room..boy do I love it!! great to see that so many of you are still on here chatting...I am on facebook quilting chat at the moment...

Ontario, Canada

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,332
Points 249,857
Thea replied on Tue, Jan 3 2012 1:26 PM | Locked

and I see you there - teehee - Helly it is good to see you!  

Page 370 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 368 369 370 371 372 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.