Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 354 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 352 353 354 355 356 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:09 PM | Locked

Cathy:
What show were you on Kris?

It's "Quilt Out Loud" with Jodie Davis and Mark Lipinski. The December episode was filmed at Keepsake Quilting in NH. If you have access to QNNtv you can watch it there.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:11 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
I wish You All A Wonderful and Happy New Year. I'm just so happy to be here at this point, last year at this time I wasn't sure I'd make the next day. Praise God for miracles.

Amen Spud. I'm grateful you're back with us and quilting again. A very happy new year to you as well.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:18 PM | Locked

Leslie :

Well  I have to tell someone what I did ..  You see I have been sick now going on my 5th week with one thing after another.  any way, DxH has now caught a cold, and OMG you would think he is dying.  So the evil little person I can be some times gave him some Night time cold medicine so he would go to sleep and I wouldn't have to listen to him whine anymore ROFLOL.. I know I'm bad

Has anyone seen the commercial where the guy asks his wife to call his mother?  I'd ship him to his mother,  sedatives are fair, more than fair.  When I get sick and I'm trying for sympathy, all he can say is "oh no, when I was sick I was blah blah blah!!!" I don't bother any more.  I will be trying the sedatives however. that isn't evil, thats survival, his that is.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:21 PM | Locked

I hate that when that happens!  married for 27 years you would think that would be over and done with.

calling his mother?  Why don't he just go live with his mommy then?  roflol!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:34 PM | Locked

Nan:
Son says I am paranoid
Nan:
Well it looks like I may have been right about DIL.

Oh Nan, us Moms and our premonitions.  I just hope that your son is right instead of you for once.  Good luck....Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:38 PM | Locked

Thea:
It is going to be slow going today - but I have been the tortoise all of December - so what is different today!  teehee

Well Thea, if you are a tortoise, then I must be a snail.... because you have produced so much during this month, and worked on 3 DWR.  It's ok to take it slow one day or more as needed.  Sometimes the body just says wo, stop.  I just need to get my mental back in order.  Have so many quilts to finish before I can start something totally new.  Got my DWR fabric yesterday.  so I am all excited to get started.

Happy new year and hoping things will go great in your world.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:49 PM | Locked

Oh Nancy,  do you have snow there now?  We had an inch or so come down the other day, but it got washed away in the rain yesterday and last night.  We officially topped our wettest year ever since records started in the 1800s last night.  Now it is getting breezier and colder.  Tomorrow they are predicting something like 40 mph winds and temps that are headed down all next week.  Guess winter is going to rear its ugly head here finally....Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,890
Lisa replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:55 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Marlene, you're all wearing jackets.  Is it cool in Phoenix?  We may get up to 50 today in Minnesota, so I'm hopping in the car to drive 90 miles south to the biggest quilt shop in the area.  Need to stock up for projects for the new year!

Happy birthday, Kathy!    (oops, tomorrow)

MNnancy - where is the quilt shop you are referring to??

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 3:09 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
Praise God for miracles

Truly, truly praise God for your miracle.  Glad to hear your voice again.  You went "off air" right after I joined last year and I was afraid it was something that I had said....Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 3:17 PM | Locked

Bella:

OH, no, CC - you HAD to take it down now!  Back in 1982, I was 8 months pregnant and waiting for my hubby to take down the tree. It was an artificial tree (boy, do I have allergies from real ones!) and it was small, and had to go in the CRAWL space of our house.  Well, for the first time ever it stayed up - and it was January 5th.  No biggie, as I usually leave it up NOW until Jan. 6th (the feast of the Epiphany) but I wanted EXTRA time to set up my much needed nursery and do baby stuff!  SO - on the 5th, I took it all down, and gently lowered myself into the crawl space STANDING UP, I might add, and lifted that little tree, and just BENT over to place it on its side. Then I just boosted myself up, like you would if you were hopping your but onto a table (misspelled on purpose to get it in there.  :D  ) So what happens at 2:20 in the morning?  And ended up at 9:09 in the morning (without ANY medication because she came too fast?)  M DD Natalie (meaning:  Christmas Child - and Jan. 6th is the 12th day of Christmas) .   She weighed in at just 6 pounds, but should have been a couple of pounds more... and she was tested at being just 36 weeks...... SO - CC - it is a good thing you took it down NOW.  :D  (I'm just sayin' .....) 

Good Grief! If I waited to take down the tree til I'm 8 months along, It really wouldn't come down til nearly Easter!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 4:17 PM | Locked

As I see everyone's optimism for the bran new year coming, I wish you all great health, great joys and great quilting.  I hope that one day I will be able to meet you all at a retreat.  I have to repeat to myself, two more years and then I will be able to choose whether or not I want to continue.  I will also have more freedom to go to your beautiful retreats.  Hey, maybe I can share parts of it through Skype.  HMMMMMMMM will have to think about this a little bit more.  That would mean I WOULD HAVE TO clean my sewing room or move to one that is not so messy.... lol

To each of you, I pray that your goals will be met, and that you will continue to be happy.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 4:20 PM | Locked

Hey Kris, a while back you posted a sight with free Kindle books. would you care to repeat that posting for those of us subjected to new e-readers this Christmas? DD is set on breaking the bank!! LOL  Thanks!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 4:36 PM | Locked

spud i am so happy to have you back, too.  i might add, that i am now green with envy.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 4:39 PM | Locked

Leslie :
gave him some Night time cold medicine so he would go to sleep

i call that creative thinking, good for you.

mary,  i've been missing some  quilty things, i'm off to check under the bed

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 31 2011 4:40 PM | Locked

CC

I get lots of free kindle books at Amazon. 

Vinton, Virginia

Page 354 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 352 353 354 355 356 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use