Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 349 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 347 348 349 350 351 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 11:45 AM | Locked

Today, I plan to figure out the backing for grandson #2s quilt and try to at least start piecing it.  I piece my backs with the left over fabric from the top.  I could never find any wide backing fabric that I liked so gave up and started using leftovers.  I find that I like it much better than a solid color back.  Anyway, I digress, I do have the fabric out on my cutting board and just need to figure out how I'm going to use it.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 11:54 AM | Locked

Spud

Good luck with your planning.  That usually takes me longer than the actual piecing...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 12:08 PM | Locked

Nana:

Spud

Good luck with your planning.  That usually takes me longer than the actual piecing...LOL>

Me too as I tend to over-think the whole thing. LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 12:09 PM | Locked

gini:
but the living room looks so big when the tree is down,  and i have all those lovely  wintery decorations to put up

LOL ...It might if I actually had a big livingroom to begin with. There's not much changing the dimentions of a postage stamp.  The goal for me is to have some elbow room while I'm at the computer. For the past 3 weeks, I've been shaking hands with Mr Pine whenever I say hi to you all...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 12:45 PM | Locked

chocake2:
I've been shaking hands with Mr Pine whenever I say hi to you all...

sam got a particularly bushy tree this year, so i've been computing with mr. fir's arms wrapped around my legs, my chest, batting me in the head.   yep, i love it when it is up, but it is nice that it is down.

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 1:55 PM | Locked

That was a scary scene at the grocery.. think we all might watch too much crime TV! I have started cleaning sewing room up. DIL sews in there with me and it is not a large room , and I can just not start a new project with things all messed up. I have purchased 4 of the Craftsy classes. I have watching the Machine Quilting one several times, different parts. Like it alot, also got Quick Quilting, Wendy Butler Burns Art Quilting and then the paper piecing. I had gotten the one on all the stitches but traded it in on pp one.Just did not seem to hold my attention. Though all the stitich bibles I saw on here were very nice.

I have a local quilt teacher \who offers classes in her home studio and then in the Sewing machine store in Chattanooga. She also will teach you about your machine for $25/hr. I went for one hr already back in Nov to learn more about how to get embroidery from computer to machine. I am planning on going in for probably 2 hrs next time to learn more about my machine and maybe some starter info on applique. I took one class where they used embroidery to do applique. We did an apple, so if I needed an apple I could do it but nothing else! With owning hte Accuquilt I need to know how to applique, the best way for me.

By the way love the accuquilt. LQS has a accuquilt group and they do block of the month stuff. I might join that after the new year starts. And have not used all the dies but the strip cutting ones are to die for!!! So perfect, and my 7 yo Granddaughter loves to help turn the handle. There is a learning curve about how best to set up the fabric, well at least for me there is one, but once I use a die then I get it...is hard to turn down the chance to purchase more dies on sale but can not own it all.

Aren't the Christmas and end of yr sales from all the online stores so hard to resist. I was opening each one just to look but then found that was not so good and since I have purchased enough for projects for awhile I decided to not look at the sales anymore. Now of course when I do need fabric I will be kicking myself....but got to buy groceries once in awhile! Right?!  I still prefer to touch the fabric before buying, much like I will buy from catalog before I will shop online. I am funny like that. Catalogs are alot of fun for me as I circle what I want then put the catalog away and rarely go back to make purchase. It is like window shopping!

We enjoyed Opryland at Christmas. grands loved the Dreamworks (Shrek etc) activities, Rockettes were fabulous, so much more than ballet, acting, all sorts of dance. Very mush worth it. Gaylord's hotel was too big, really they should rent scooters or golf carts. I was exhausted plus difficult to navigate. And I heard alot of other guests complaining about the same. It is stunning though. And I like the idea of going away for Christmas though for all the hassles with my DIL's family having a fit she was not with them on 25th, will never plan like that again. I think it is the company and activity not the specific date!!

Have a safe and enjoyable New Years and 2012 will be loads of fun.

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 2:02 PM | Locked

hey everyone....how are you all??? just watched Quilt Out Loud and saw Kris Douglas on there....is she still on here??

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 2:04 PM | Locked

Helly

Yes Kris is still with us.   How are you and Edith doing?  I have missed chatting with you guys.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 2:05 PM | Locked

Hi Helly! Goodness, It's been ages since we've seen you!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 2:18 PM | Locked

Hi...Edith and I are doing great thanks...we are staying in Canada for the winter this year...the boat is for sale but if it doesn't sell we will just bring it home and use it here.  quilting like crazy and loving it!! teaching again and loving that too.  Joined a new guild and that is working out well and they have a spur group of applique ladies and that has turned out to be a lot of fun.  Charity quilts are keeping me busy but is a lot of fun..what are y'all up to??

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 2:44 PM | Locked

Helly

Quilting and more quilting....LOL>   Also getting ready for a couple of retreats.  One in Va Beach in April and one in the Smokey Mtns in June.   I can hardly wait.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 3:00 PM | Locked

helly, it's great to hear from you.  i've been busy quilting and playing with grand kids.  have you checked out the retreats we have planned.  i went to one in washington.  we had a great time.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 3:02 PM | Locked

gini:
have you checked out the retreats we have planned.

Yes Helly and there is an opening in the Va Beach retreat.  We actually have a group set up now for all the different retreats that are being planned.   It is listed as QCA Retreats.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 3:05 PM | Locked

cool..I will check them out

Ontario, Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 3:40 PM | Locked

The kids got t-shirts and tie-dye for Christmas. We just put them to use. I made the kids dress in grubbies and wear rubber gloves before they trouped out to the garage to spread some color on the world. Did Mom do so also?? ..HA!! As If. Now I have lovely tie-dyed fingers.  On the bright side, now the kids know why I made them suit up. LOL  It'll be fun to see what they have created tomorrow morning!!

Page 349 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 347 348 349 350 351 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use