Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 326 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 324 325 326 327 328 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 2:19 PM | Locked

congrats Thea on your floors!  When your Dh is done Pleez send him my way.....mine are still waiting to be finished.......the bathroom is the only room that we haven't done yet.  Mainly because we are remodeling it.  Moving the washer and dryer to their new space, the water heater to a new closet waiting on the opposite end of the bathroom, and last but not least a new tub/shower/surround that will be here soon I hope and pray.  So, the floor will be finished eventually but the other things have to be done first LOL.

My son and I bought this place while Dh was so sick in the hospital.  We installed a shower unit because Dh couldn't walk after being in the hospital for 6 months or so.  He had lost all his muscle tone and had to learn to walk again after having some physical therapy....It has been almost 2 years and time for a tub!!  Hubby is running circles around us all and we are soooo thankful for that!

My goal is to eventually sit and sew on something.....but I am going to make cornbread and get the chicken on for tomorrow's lunch time....maybe even make deviled eggs ahead of time.  who knows how much I will do until I actually get in there and do it!

My internet has been wonky as stated in another thread.....will check in again soon, internet permitting.  Everyone have a Joyous Holiday!

Sew Happy quilting!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 73
Points 1,890
Lisa replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 2:19 PM | Locked

I finally finished my baking today - meringue cookies.  Still needed to make American Girl clothes for 2 of my GD's but found nightgown and short set in my "ready  to sell" bin along with 2 doll size quilts.  So wrapped and under the tree.  Now to shower before heading to the MIL's for dinner. We make an early night of it since tomorrow with be total CHAOS!  My DD and her guy, and my DS's 3 girls will arrive between 9:30 and 10 for gift opening and brunch.  Then leave at 1:30 for my DH's brothers where there will be approx 20 of us for gifts and dinner.  Once we get back home the 3girls will be spending the night here with their dad.  Looking forward to a crazy Christmas!  Hope every one else has as great a day as I am looking forward to!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,349
Points 242,062
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 2:53 PM | Locked

KATHY :
congrats Thea on your floors!  When your Dh is done Pleez send him my way.....mine are still waiting to be finished.......the bathroom is the only room that we haven't done yet.  Mainly because we are remodeling it.  Moving the washer and dryer to their new space, the water heater to a new closet waiting on the opposite end of the bathroom, and last but not least a new tub/shower/surround that will be here soon I hope and pray.  So, the floor will be finished eventually but the other things have to be done first LOL.

Kathy - that is one of the remodeling jobs that is on a hold - DH tore apart one of the bathrooms - Thank the Lord we had 2 full baths - now only 1 - but it is the room where our washer and dryer is - the one we are remodeling - we are going to get one of those neat shower thingies for old people...lol ... the one you can walk into and take a bath - thinking of me as my body deteriorates... but it has been on hold for about 2 years - he had started it and the walk in pantry at the same time and the pantry got completed this summer - late summer - now the floors through the kitchen and then back to the bathroom/laundry... 

One of the things about old houses - this one is big but needed a lot of work - why I say when we get done - we will be able to sell it and double our money... just wish we would get a huge windfall so we could hire the work done... when Jay got laid off in 2010 it really put a damper one everything we started - but I am very lucky to have a DH who can do this work.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 3:12 PM | Locked

CC, I will add my prayers to all the otjers going around. I do hope this lady is now out of critical care. 

I understand the cow for protesting, but she really didn't have to be so agressive. I am sure this lady would get the wessage with less force! 

Merry Christmas to you and your family cc and I hope you will be in a scent free zone. There are a few scents like Axe and some girly one that send me immediately in headache country. Working in a high school, this happens regularly. Teens feel they should spray each time they go to their locker! Especially if they come from phys ed. Sweat and perfume yuck!!! 

Have a great time with family and friends. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 3:18 PM | Locked

gini:

HO !  HO ! HO !   and  Merry Christmas Eve to everyone.  

i ended up making two teeny batches of cookies for dad's basket and got all the presents wrapped last night,   i made a stocking for sofy, hemmed 6 pairs of her pants, and threw together a headband for her  (she has gained a bit of weight since she arrived.  she just loves american food).  this is sofy's first christmas in america.   her mom sent all of her christmas presents, for her and her presents to our family, with her cousin to miami, to mail to idaho.   we can't get the entire story, but sofy was in tears most of the day.   the cousin either decided not to send them or lost them.  so yesterday was a busy, emotional day. 

we are off in a few hours, to auntie's house for the family celebration, eating caroling laughing and gift exchange.  wil and i are providing a little mood music with our violins during dinner.  hopefully they will all be too polite, and not ask us to please stop.   i still squeak a bit and wil plays faster than i do, so i have to keep stopping him and slowing him down.  wil's instructor didn't have a christmas concert this year, and he needs the practice in front of people. 

Merry Ccristmas eve to you and your family Gini. May you violin concert be well appreciated by everyone there. Playing. Music is a talent I envy . My son used to put his hand on my mouth so I would stop singing him to sleep. Lol that is bad singing..... 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 3:25 PM | Locked

A warm quilty merry christmas to you too Thea and I hope you will enjoy your floor/christmas present for a long time! We will be skyping with tes boys to orrow as they open their gifts. It will make the distance more bearable. Then it will be skyping with my family in New Brunswick and Claede's family too. This will be great.

Ha e a great sewing christmas day and God bless.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 3:26 PM | Locked

Thea,

My son and I purchased a 16 x 36 portable building when my Dh was in the hospital.  We lived 2 ho urs away and I was terrified to be by myself with my dear Dh so sick. Not knowing what to expect, we purchased this, to be closer to our families.

It   Only has 576 sq ft. with the help of our families   We have changed it into a warm cozy home. We went from a 4 bedroom 2 bath home  ( 1600 sq ft, and brand new)

The plans are, as soon as we can accomplish the bathroom, we will expand it into a more livable home.  it will be a 36 x 36ft home.  The room that we are now using as a livingroom will be our dining room.  The bedroom that we now have will be a combination laundry/ quilt room which measures 12 x 16.  not huge but more than i have now. 

I know it's coming because one of the things that Dh got me for Christmas was a  computer desk.  It has 2 drawers and 2 storage areas. He has customized it, and made it to fit my sewing machine. where my tabletop machine is now sunk and even with the desktop...looks great.

I want a new sewing machine but I would prefer a sewing room....  I have 2 machines that work great so until another day, I will continue to use the ones I already have and dream of future machines to come LOL

It is a long detailed explanation, but the washer and dryer will go where my sewing area WAS....I am in the small livingroom now....It is all good.

So, as long as Dh is able to work, we will do the work ourselves and save big money on hiring outside help other than nephews looking for extra  money....We are hoping that by spring we will have the bathroom started , if not completed.  Then we will begin  expanding.   Dreams make life worth living!

The cornbread is done, and the chicken is boiling.  I know that i will be able to at least get the dressing made if i decide to do only that! 

The tempatures are dropping.  I left with Mom this morning at 730 for walmart for her last minute shopping.  picked up a few more things myself. it was 57'.   Now the temps are down to about 43 or so....and it is drizzling rain.  The kids are at DS grandmother's house for Kristin's family christmas this evening ( DIL to be) and will return home to us early in the morning.....

My Dh is the Asst manager at the local grocery store and he is working till 8p and so here I sit dreaming of  things to come and enjoying the smells of christmas dinner .

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 3:30 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Don't they have it in FL, Margaret? Gosh, that just seems weird.  It's such a staple up here... they even have a Lefse/Lutefisk feed at the community hall in Martinsdale/Two Dot the week after Thanksgiving.  I guess lefse withdrawl is what you get when you leave the nort'ern climes in favor of sun and surf.

Have a Very Merry Christmas yourself!

You can buy a lefse dessert at Epcot in one of the bakery shops in the Norway area.  I have not seen it in the stores here like I know you can get in Billings or at least you could and I assume you still.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 3:32 PM | Locked

Angele:

gini:

HO !  HO ! HO !   and  Merry Christmas Eve to everyone.  

i ended up making two teeny batches of cookies for dad's basket and got all the presents wrapped last night,   i made a stocking for sofy, hemmed 6 pairs of her pants, and threw together a headband for her  (she has gained a bit of weight since she arrived.  she just loves american food).  this is sofy's first christmas in america.   her mom sent all of her christmas presents, for her and her presents to our family, with her cousin to miami, to mail to idaho.   we can't get the entire story, but sofy was in tears most of the day.   the cousin either decided not to send them or lost them.  so yesterday was a busy, emotional day. 

we are off in a few hours, to auntie's house for the family celebration, eating caroling laughing and gift exchange.  wil and i are providing a little mood music with our violins during dinner.  hopefully they will all be too polite, and not ask us to please stop.   i still squeak a bit and wil plays faster than i do, so i have to keep stopping him and slowing him down.  wil's instructor didn't have a christmas concert this year, and he needs the practice in front of people. 

Merry Ccristmas eve to you and your family Gini. May you violin concert be well appreciated by everyone there. Playing. Music is a talent I envy . My son used to put his hand on my mouth so I would stop singing him to sleep. Lol that is bad singing..... 

i wish i didn't have to use two hands to play the violin, i'ld put one hand over my own ear, it's that bad.   i ended up taking lessons with wil, because i was told that he wouldn't be successful with lessons if he were the only one that played in the family.  so here i am at nearly 60, taking violin lessons.   i have to practice twice as much as wil, just to keep up.  we have set a pretty good practicing example for princess, because she is good about practicing her piano everyday without prompting.   wil is now  in piano lessons, too.  he just out of the blue asked sabira about piano lessons.  she looked at me and i said, this is between the two of you.  as well as these kids sing and their dad playing the penny whistle.  we're nearly a family band.  be watching for us on star search.   they can shut my microphone off, can't they?     :  )

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 3:33 PM | Locked

oh, now, this is funny, i just realized i have two ears, so i would have to have both hands free.  i'm pretty sure i can't play the violin with no hands,  if i could only work the radio, i could play that.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 3:44 PM | Locked

OhGini, I am sure that i would love to hear you and Wil play.  And if things are that bad I will add my voice to the mix lol.... Have fun playing, research says that learning new things keeps your mind young. Maybe you have the mind of a30 year old in the body of a 60 almost... Lol.

Enjoy the holiday season.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 3:50 PM | Locked

thanks angele,  you have a wonderful holiday, too.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 3:56 PM | Locked

gini:

oh, now, this is funny, i just realized i have two ears, so i would have to have both hands free.  i'm pretty sure i can't play the violin with no hands,

Ear plugs!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 4:05 PM | Locked

Ok...Now nobody laugh....

You recall a few weeks ago how i was whining about how the dishwasher went capput and the kids were having a fit about having to do the dishes the old fashioned away, right. So my lovin' brother is a pretty handy guy and he decided to take a look at it while the cake he was making was in the oven (Bro makes the most amazing cakes!! OMG! I'm gaining weight just smelling it!) 

Hubby had looked at it right after it had quit and studied the manual on-line but that was as far as he got. He was mutterin' about how it'd be an all day project just to take it out so he could get to the motor and pump...  So I kinda cringed when Brother-dearest said he'd give it a go, ... but hey, we're gonna have a mountain of dirty dishes to do this weekend, so it'd be nice if it were fixed! so I just stepped aside and crossed my fingers.  2 minutes later he called me to the kitchen to "give him a hand" (... YiKES! That's a phase that strikes fear in my heart!) As I rounded the corner, I heard it running!!   WT*Bleep*???  I asked what he did, and he just grinned and pointed. Our idjit wiring expert (AKA: house seller) didn't hard wire it when he installed it. He'd just plugged it into an extension cord behind the fridge, and it had come unplugged.   

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sat, Dec 24 2011 4:15 PM | Locked

You're lucky it came unplugged...I don't think appliances and extension cords do well together.  I would make sure it was hardwired or at least plugged in somewhere without an extension cord.  Just my opinion, of course.

Page 326 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 324 325 326 327 328 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use