Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 317 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 315 316 317 318 319 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 4:22 PM | Locked

i'm twitchy.   the parents have the kids, sam is off with dad,  i have NO quilt projects that need to be done, and i am taking a quilting break.  i might have to scare up some applique to keep busy. this is the first ime in ages i haven't had a project that needed to be done,  yesterday !

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 4:25 PM | Locked

thanks Ginny, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,630
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 4:26 PM | Locked

Barbara, I'm so-o-o Jealous.  Maybe next year you'll buy me a siimular Christmas gift?  LOL Seriously, you are going to have a lotta fun with the new machine. Have you named her yet?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 4:31 PM | Locked

Thanks CC.No, no name yet ,we have not really had a chance to get familiar with each other yet. . Hopefully before the weekend is over. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 4:43 PM | Locked

No sewing for me today.  I cleaned house.  Bah, humbug.  Maybe if Randy puts on a "guy" movie this evening (as in violent), I'll sneak off to the sewing room.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665
msplantladi replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 5:08 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

No sewing for me today.  I cleaned house.  Bah, humbug.  Maybe if Randy puts on a "guy" movie this evening (as in violent), I'll sneak off to the sewing room.

Nancy you just wrote my day for me.....oh and you have a Randy too? yep if football goes on I am running to the sewing room...lol

dee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 6:06 PM | Locked

Well thanks to all of you who have been trying to help me with my "quandry".  Nick is a "step" so I really don't know what he is or was interested in.  We don't get to see them very often - usually just major holidays plus a few more times each year. When he is around he just sits around complaining and not carrying on with a decent conversation like the younger boy Michael.  Todd and Lynn have tried the gym membership, tae kwon do and I don't know what else with him.  For a while he was into shooting with club and doing very well but that fell by the wayside after less than 6 months.  He seems to have the attention span of a gnat...... after a few months he loses interest in things - after you have invested money on the necessary gear. 

Has anyone ever heard of ADHD being referred to as a "handicap"?  That's one thing that they are claiming is wrong with Nick.  I had never heard of it as a handicap before.  David Jr. has ADHD and he never has acted like Nick.  We had some of the sullen teenager stuff but not like with Nick.  David Jr. has always excelled in school in spite of the ADHD so I don't see where you can consider that a handicap.  I think it is more of an excuse for Nick's bad behavior and failing in school because he won't do the work.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 6:34 PM | Locked

Marge, if I might comment. This sounds like a deeply depressed young man.  Has anyone taken him to seek counseling?  I thought ADHD was hyperactivity. Could the young man be on some drugs?  Running with the wrong crowd. Being bullied? I would talk to the school counselor. his teachers, principal, etc.  Maybe, even have he see a physician.  Oh, sad, it must be to be him.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 6:51 PM | Locked

Thanks Sukochi - he is already in mandatory counseling.  One of the problems is that he is so smart and tells the counselor what he thinks the counselor wants to hear.  Like DH once said -- "If he wants to Nick could sell ice to an Eskimo".  He is a very good little liar, sad to say. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 6:52 PM | Locked

OK - can anyone tell me where to find the link that Judy posted for that neat two-handed pot holder?  i wanted to print the directions off and now I can't find her post.  :o{ 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 7:32 PM | Locked

Barbara

Very pretty baby.  You are going to have so much fun playing with her.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 7:34 PM | Locked

Lisa

I used the candy cane kisses on some of my cookies and they worked great.  And tasted even better.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,374
Points 48,750
Ginny replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 7:35 PM | Locked

Marge,  it is partly the age, and the kids will try to get away with anything they can.  They don't realize that the growing and maturing brain leads them to think they are ready to lead their own life on their terms.. It actually is a very precarious time in their life, they can easily go astray.  It makes it worse that there is so much temptation placed in front of them.  I think he probably is trying to find his place in the family.  You have to be consistent in the way you want him to act as part of the family.  I know none of what I am saying is easy to take ,but I have been there with my one son.  He did get into some drugs and drinking at that time, but I kept at him and wouldn't give up because I knew there was a terrific person very smart person behind the facade he was presenting and he is a terrific man now.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 7:37 PM | Locked

Nancy

I haven't done any sewing yet today either.  All I got done was doing a total scrubbing of my kitchen.  Including taking all the crystal "stuff" off the top of the cabinets and washing all the cooking grease and dust off.  Maybe tomorrow I will actually make it to the dining room table and hutch...LOL>   I think I may do some applique while I watch TV in awhile.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665
msplantladi replied on Wed, Dec 21 2011 7:43 PM | Locked

Althea thank-you ever so much for the time you took to reply with your great stabilizer advise. I too have a lot of different ones bought by the yard which means I have assorted rolls that have no name or any information about that particular stabilizer so now I am really lost but one day i will sit down and play around w/ them so I can at least get them labeled so I know which one is for the project I am currently working on.

Headed over to allstich.com to get out the one you were reffering to.

Again thanks so much and hope you get to feeling better.

dee

Page 317 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 315 316 317 318 319 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use