Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 308 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 306 307 308 309 310 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,817
Points 365,857
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 1:01 AM | Locked

Barbara:
I just learned how to make french knots . I'm so excited. i have struggled with them ever since my cross stitch days and could never get the hang of them . All the people I knew who did any kind of stitching didn't know how either. so this is a milestone for me

WTG Barbara.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,817
Points 365,857
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 1:04 AM | Locked

Ladyhawke520:
This is a bag from a class I took in November but hadn't finished.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out and am feeling just a bit more accomplished.

Cute bag Ladyhawke. I really like the fabrics.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,817
Points 365,857
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 1:09 AM | Locked

Cute photos Patti.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,817
Points 365,857
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 1:12 AM | Locked

I'm really bummed. I made myself a cup of blueberry tea and got the last slice of applesauce cake from DH's grandmother and dropped it. Arrgh! No cake for me.

On the bright side, there's ice cream. LOl

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 1:24 AM | Locked

Patti

Great pics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 1:26 AM | Locked

Gini

I will dream about you working diligently trying to get your binding done.   Good luck.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 4:42 AM | Locked

Sukochi seems to be abit better. Did not get much sleep. Her hubby is having health problems also. but she says she is going into sewing room!!!! And may have to go out to a quilt store for a supply she needs. Prednisone making her nervous but hives/itching is down.

Nan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,541
Points 51,230
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 6:17 AM | Locked

Looks Like t was a fun ride Patti.  Were you singing Christmas carols?  Don't know where you are but obviously you had more snow than we do here in Michigan. It has been too warm for snow ot last here.  Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 8:34 AM | Locked

gini:
patti, we went on our yearly sleighride tonight, we just barely had enough snow for the ride. 

We should have at least a couple feet of snow by now.  Forecast doesn't show any snow for the next week either.  We are really going to be hurting this summer if we don't get some snow.  I have lived in Eastern WA for over 30 years and I don't remember any Christmas that wasn't white. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 8:43 AM | Locked

Cute Mules!  We have some beautiful spotted gaited mules in one of our riding clubs.  Also a handsome black Jack in my closest club.  Sweet too!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 9:16 AM | Locked

Nana:

msplantladi:
p.s. I was was wonder if you might  share your recipe for your peanut butter balls

Dee

I don't really have a recipe.   I use a stick of butter and a bunch of peanut butter with a gluck of vanilla and enough confectioner's sugar to make a good consistency.  Then I roll them into balls and dip them into chocolate.....     Some recipe huh.......ROFLOL

We call those, Buckeye Balls here in Ohio because they look so much like the "nuts" that are on the Buckeye Tree. We leave a small area with the PB showing. Yum. Not much better than PB & Chocolate together. Unless it's cheesecake...or pecan pie...or...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 9:22 AM | Locked

We call them peanut butter bon bons here in Nevada.  This is the same recipe I got from my mother 20 or 30 years ago...they have been a Christmas staple at our house for years.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 9:31 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Dee - when my brother was in the Navy, she would send him cookies to share with his shipmates.  She would put each cookie in a sandwich bag and then pack them all in popcorn!  That way if a cookie got broken you could just dump the pieces into your mouth from the bag.  They would also eat the "packing". 

One time she sent him a birthday cake and timed the package so it would get there after they got back to Pearl Harbor from picket duty.  Only problem was they had some engine trouble and had to spend some extra time at Guam.  The cake was a "penicillin farm" when he finally got back to the home port.  :o)  

Marge - OMG! You had to remind me of the time I sent Caramel Apples to my DH in Guam! Boy it took forever to live that one down! I packed everything in popcorn, too but, I put it in baggies to try and keep it from getting too stale.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 9:48 AM | Locked

Love the Epcot Monorail, Margaret! My uncle had a large train that he ran around the tree which caused DH to want to put a train around ours so we got an O gauge Lionel but the cats kept it off the track most of the time. Hmmmm. I think it's in the shed. Wonder how bad a shape it's in???

Really cute bag, Monica - the colors are awesome.

Cindy, your DH must be a keeper! Welcome and we love, love, love photos!

We live in Amish country so it's not too unusual to see horse drawn conveyances but, surprisingly, not many of the Amish around here have mules! I read somewhere recently that many cities have gone from horse drawn features to mule drawn because horses will keep going until they drop in the traces but the mules will quit working - must be where that "stubborn as a mule" phrase came from - Oh well, it looks like you were having fun, Patti! My DB is in Spokane and said they haven't had nearly as much yet this year. I'd love to send him some of my never-ending rain!

Cake or Ice Cream? Cake or Ice Cream? Kris, wish I had those dilemmas - NOT! I've lost 93 lbs and don't ever want to go back there again so I've outlawed cake & ice cream at my house. This carb addict doesn't need 'em.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665
msplantladi replied on Mon, Dec 19 2011 9:50 AM | Locked

Dee - when my brother was in the Navy, she would send him cookies to share with his shipmates.  She would put each cookie in a sandwich bag and then pack them all in popcorn!  That way if a cookie got broken you could just dump the pieces into your mouth from the bag.  They would also eat the "packing". 

One time she sent him a birthday cake and timed the package so it would get there after they got back to Pearl Harbor from picket duty.  Only problem was they had some engine trouble and had to spend some extra time at Guam.  The cake was a "penicillin farm" when he finally got back to the home port.  :o)

Marge & Sheila......I too have sent goodies to loved ones thinking "Oh they are so gonna love these" ya not so much.....moldy banana nut bread just wasn't a hit that year...lol

Thanks for sharing

dee

Page 308 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 306 307 308 309 310 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use