Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 265 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 263 264 265 266 267 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 350
quiltnewbie replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 5:47 PM | Locked

that is so beautiful. I took today off from sewing anything. I have finished 20 quilts for family and friends this year for Christmas and I am tired. Mine are not nearly as complex as yours but I am going to start on something different in the beginning of the year. 

breathe, get the seam ripper, start over!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 6:02 PM | Locked

No sewing today.  Had a full morning at church.  Stopped for a bite to eat on our way home and then both crashed in the recliners for a nap.  Before 3 P.M. we were back at church for the annual Christmas concert.  David Jr was a shepherd this year.  Celeste and Jaimie were in the church nursery watching the little ones from the choir and orchestra members.  They will get to watch the 6 P.M. performance.  Local Chick-Fil-A provided a meal for all the participants between performances.

Tomorrow I will attempt to put up the tree.  We shall see how naughty Neko is this year.  Last year he deserved nothing but coal in his little stocking!  A friend suggested putting some mousetraps around the bottom of the tree to scare him away.  Might just have to try that trick.  Molly will just sit there and look but Neko has to "touch" everything.  Watch - this year that little instigator will probably lure Molly into the tree too.  

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 6:24 PM | Locked

It certainly has been a colorful day here. all the color has filled my dish with lots of eyecandy. Thank you all.

xoxoxo,

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 7:17 PM | Locked

I didn't do much today but trying to recooperate from my incident from last night.  I scratched the cornea of my eye while washing my hair.  It didn't feel good at all while it was burning.  I got soap in my eyes and was trying to get it out and ended up scratching my cornea.  Today I arranged my fabric so it could have a little organization. 

So far I got 3 plastic tub together that I have organized so far.  I put all my UFO's in one plastic tub, scraps in one plastic tub and regular fabric in the last plastic tub.  It makes me feel better now that I have arranged my fabric in these plastic tubs.  I didn't do any sewing today but tomorrow I will get started on completing one of my UFO's.  It shouldn't take long to do it because all I have to do is put another border on, then put my layers together and you know the rest.

I want to try and get my UFO's finished before Christmas.  That is my goal.  I wish I had more time so I could do some for Christmas presents for a few members of the family.  I know my son would love to have one and I would love to do some for my sister-in-laws.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 7:49 PM | Locked

Marie , Diane would have loved that ,you using it  and her still quilting . I still have her listed on my friends list ..miss her alot.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 7:52 PM | Locked

Renee, I worked on it for 2 days , I started with the default size and just worked forn there, bigger to smaller.  I found some stitches just don't want to  be small and they looked bad . but that was good to find out.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 7:54 PM | Locked

Ms plantladi, I number my stitches with my janome setting as i went  and which mode they were in, I just have to look up the number and I get a great idea of what the stitch is going to look like . I'm really gald I did this .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 7:58 PM | Locked

Carol, beautiful mystery quilt!!!

Where do you have this hanging, and what are those other pretty quilts in the background?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665
msplantladi replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 8:20 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Ms plantladi, I number my stitches with my janome setting as i went  and which mode they were in, I just have to look up the number and I get a great idea of what the stitch is going to look like . I'm really gald I did this .Barbara

Barbara thank-you so much for responding to my inquiry.

dee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 8:25 PM | Locked

My goodness, you all have been chatty today.  Took me forever to get through all these pages and this is just the first thread.

I'm bummed.  I received a postcard from a large quilt shop in central MN - they have a Judy Niemeyer certified teacher coming in to lead a class on making the "Glacier Star."  I would LOVE to make this quilt and learn Judy's method for paper piecing!

The class costs $200 not counting fabric, and I would actually pay that in order to have help making such a gorgeous quilt, but the class meets every other Saturday for five full-day sessions during January and February.  There is just no way I can commit to driving 90 miles each way during our worst winter months, especially with the thought that I could lose out on a good chunk of money and indispensable instruction if I miss class.  I sent an email  to Judy's company asking if they could notify me if any other MN shops would be offering her class sometime during the year. 

Darn!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 8:25 PM | Locked

Wow! Is the weekend over already?

We got our tree, as planned, this AM. It  is especially pretty this year. The kids picked a good 'un!

Boss-man and his youngest son (in his early 30's) and son's GF hosted this trip. We also got a nice big load of white-bark pine for each household. I wasn't overly impressed with the GF's work-ethic. I think I actually only saw her move 3 chunks of wood, and the remainder of the time she spent smoking on the tail gate (getting in the way) and whining about how she wished we could get done so we could go get some lunch. I wanted to tell her that we'd finish faster if she helped, but I refrained. DD, DS1 and I have our loading down to a science. We can pretty well put it on the truck   as fast as hubby bucks it, so we got our truck full and started on theirs in short order. I'm glad I hadn't said anything to the GF, because mid-way through tossing wood on their trailor, I pooped out. LOL

Got a kick out of Boss-man, who was telling me just the other day that his 4yo grandson had out grown hugs. My  two boys launched themselves at him when he got out of the truck  - He just beamed to at being wrapped up in those little arms.  I hope they NEVER out grow open displays of sincere affection!!  I suspect that this mornings adventure was about the best Christmas present we could give him -- no cell phones, no demands, snowball fights, hot cocoa and hugs --and ironically it was him who asked us along!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 12,665
msplantladi replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 8:26 PM | Locked

Arzella:

I didn't do much today but trying to recooperate from my incident from last night.  I scratched the cornea of my eye while washing my hair.  It didn't feel good at all while it was burning.  I got soap in my eyes and was trying to get it out and ended up scratching my cornea.  Today I arranged my fabric so it could have a little organization. 

So far I got 3 plastic tub together that I have organized so far.  I put all my UFO's in one plastic tub, scraps in one plastic tub and regular fabric in the last plastic tub.  It makes me feel better now that I have arranged my fabric in these plastic tubs.  I didn't do any sewing today but tomorrow I will get started on completing one of my UFO's.  It shouldn't take long to do it because all I have to do is put another border on, then put my layers together and you know the rest.

I want to try and get my UFO's finished before Christmas.  That is my goal.  I wish I had more time so I could do some for Christmas presents for a few members of the family.  I know my son would love to have one and I would love to do some for my sister-in-laws.

Azella....so sorry to read about your eye, ouch that has to be painful. hope its feeling better soon.

.good for you for organizing your UFO's that's got to feel awesome!!!!! exactly my plan as soon as my mini holiday break starts next week..shouldn't take me long to organize them and put in the order I would like to finish them.

Currently finishing up crocheted items that are gifts that need to go to Kansas for Christmas.

dee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 8:30 PM | Locked

Wow Nancy, that is a beautiful quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 8:32 PM | Locked

Arzella, I just saw your tiger top in the gallery! Great job!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Sun, Dec 11 2011 8:33 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Carol, beautiful mystery quilt!!!

Where do you have this hanging, and what are those other pretty quilts in the background?

Nancy, it's hanging at the door of my sewing room that goes to the family room we built on.  The quilt hanging to the left there is over the "Murphy Bed" that's in that wall.  I also have lots of quilts hanging in there and on the quilt rack - I make so many and hate to part with them! So, just keep piling them up. I want to take pictures of all my quilts so I can have a record of them, plan to do that as soon as I can, DH has promised to help with that, too!  Then I can put them into my blog, I hope!  Thanks!

Page 265 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 263 264 265 266 267 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use