Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 179 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 177 178 179 180 181 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 3:21 PM | Locked

Finally got around to folding the last load of laundry today.  I forgot it was in the dryer. :o( 

Sewed a pretty printed green batik on the back of the pre-quilter fabric I am using for my BFFs placemats.  Got the other sorta solid green batik ready for the binding.  I will be using the same solid green on the placemats for Celeste.  I am planning on using the technique from Quilters Academy books for where the ends of the binding meet ---- but it really helos if you read ALL the directions so you make you cut correctly the first time! 

DH had to pick up a prescription in town so I treated him to a "gourmet" lunch at Burger King.  After we got back home, we decided to take the doggies for their walk early today.  They are all tucked in for the evening now since we will be going over to the Synagogue later.  Really should get myself in gear and go and get cleaned up ---- but it is so much more fun to sit and visit with all of you.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 3:28 PM | Locked

Flojo:

Nana:

Vivian

I only flunked the math used to calculate age.....LOL>   Now quilting math and I get along just fine.   Cooking math is ok too.

You just haven't been tought how to calculate age.  Subtract the year you were born from the current year.  Add the numbers in that answer together and you get your true age.  Example 2011 minus 1943 equals 68.  6 pluc 8 equals 16.  See, it is not so hard.:o)

Gee whiz,  then I am turning 12 today!   Yippee!   Ginny 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 3:30 PM | Locked

What has happened to my signature?  The code is still where it was when I set it up but my signature is not appearing with my posts. 

Any suggestions what to do, besides doing it all over!?

Yeah, Ginny, and I'm only 10!      ha haha ha ha ha!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 3:58 PM | Locked

Flojo:
6 pluc 8 equals 16. 
 It does??

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 5:18 PM | Locked

Lee:

Actually, 6 + 8 = 14.  :)

I did'n have my calculator at hand and forgot I had fingers. lol 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 6:33 PM | Locked

Flojo:

you would have needed to take one of your shoes off, too,

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 6:43 PM | Locked

Lee:

Yeah, Ginny, and I'm only 10!      ha haha ha ha ha!

Beat you all!   I'm only 8!     Wish I FELT that young.    Tonight I feel 100!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 7:04 PM | Locked

i'm here procrastinating and taking a break from my art quilt.  i got started with the thread work, got scared and stopped that.   then i did the piecing on my row for a row quilt.   i pieced birch trees and used thread to make the black lines for practice.  they turned out pretty good, but i'm still not ready to go back to the art quilt.   so i am in the office looking for a good moose silhouette, and i think i found one.  it's going to be appliqued into the birch.   i've been busy, just not on the project i should be busy on.

we've been having a blizzard all day.   we woke up with 6 inches of snow, they called school off, so i didn't have kids to run around.  the wind came up  around ten and it hasn't quit blowing all day.   it has snowed all day, but it is hard to tell how much we've gotten, because the wind is blowing it around.   and it is c-c-c-c-cold out.  i finally broke out the  heating pad for my bed and the  short johns. i feel like my grampa,  although  he put his long johns on in september and didn't take them off until june or july. 

i have another couple of hours to procrastinate, then i'm heading home.  i'll try to remember to take home all my projects and get pictures for you.

question???   what should i stuff in those door thingies that you put at the bottom of the door to keep the cold out?   i think i'll whip a couple of those up,  that should get me through until it's time to go home.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 7:05 PM | Locked

Flojo:

You just haven't been tought how to calculate age.  Subtract the year you were born from the current year.  Add the numbers in that answer together and you get your true age.  Example 2011 minus 1943 equals 68.  6 pluc 8 equals 16.  See, it is not so hard.:o)

Wow I am only 4 years old, lol.

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 7:20 PM | Locked

gini:
  what should i stuff in those door thingies that you put at the bottom of the door to keep the cold out?  

I used kitty litter in the last one I made. It was a heavy sucker, but being used on a seldom used door, so that wan't much of an issue. Dad used to use Vermiculite (availible at the garden center) which is lighter, but the dust from it is pretty nasty stuff health-wise.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 7:26 PM | Locked

gini:

Flojo:

you would have needed to take one of your shoes off, too,

ROF LOL  You forget, I'm only in the first grade, look at my avatar!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 7:27 PM | Locked

doesn't kitty litter get icky when it gets wet?

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 7:31 PM | Locked

I've used rice and sand, but like rice better.  and yes kitty litter does get icky when wet!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 7:42 PM | Locked

Gini

You can stuff them with anything that has a little weight to it so that they stay where you put them.  I like using crushed walnut shells.  I got a big box of them at Harbor Freight.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 7:47 PM | Locked

Rice spoils and stinks to high-high heavan if it gets wet. I used the bentonite cat litter and it was Ok. The organic litter might be a different matter!  Sand works, but it's also really heavy.  I like the idea of walnut shells.

Page 179 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 177 178 179 180 181 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use