Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 164 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 162 163 164 165 166 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,305
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 8:31 AM | Locked

Debra, I hope your DGD is going to be ok , I will keep her in my prayers.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 8:37 AM | Locked

Prayers goin up for your DGD, Debra.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 8:45 AM | Locked

Our God is awesome.  She will be fine. I have all the faith in the world in that.  I pray for God's guidance and healing for this sweet little child.  Acute appendicitis is, now a days,  much easier to take care of then long ago.  It will be so scary for her but she will get through this. The Bible tells me so.................

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 374
Points 9,355
Nan replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 9:28 AM | Locked

Debra,

Lots of prayers for your DGD. Hope all turns out okay Hugs and prayers to you and your family also.

Nan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 10:42 AM | Locked

Take care & drive safe, Sukochi!

Don't stress about the in-laws. I'm a firm believer in the "what goes around comes around" theory and it'll all work out in the end. Go have fun with your BFF's and let it all slide off your shoulders!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 11:20 AM | Locked

I am going to go to our town's museum today.   There is a quilt "expert" coming in to talk about all the quilts.  Think this might be interesting.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 310
Roxie5166 replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 11:46 AM | Locked

That sounds fun!  I'm at work.  After work, I'll sewing but not a quilt.  I'm make a replica of the Katy Perry peppermint candy dress for a friend.  Down to the embellishments - gluing glitter on the pepperment candy pieces.  Glitter is so messy and it goes everywhere.  I'll be glad when this project is finished.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005
Debra Moore replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 1:29 PM | Locked

Nan:

Debra,

Lots of prayers for your DGD. Hope all turns out okay Hugs and prayers to you and your family also.

Nan

Latest Update:  After arriving at Janet Weis Childrens Hospital in the wee hours of the night, the surgeon on duty  after looking at the CAT scan, says that he does not think it's appendicitis.  He thinks it is maybe an obstructed or packed bowel.  DGD2 is on clear liquids and a laxative to see "what comes out".  The the surgeon will reassess.  The coolest thing... When I called this morning my DD told me that the "Quilt Lady" had just been by to give DGD2 a sweet purple quilt and pillow case to brighten up her hosp room.  Then, the "Bead Lady" came by to make necklaces with DGD2 and DGD1.  So wonderful knowing that they are being taken care of by such a loving bunch of people.   Just waiting to see what happens... God is good. 

Have a Blessed Day !

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,662
Points 49,385
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 1:34 PM | Locked

Praise God.  Debra that's wonderful news considering how bad it sounded last night.  God is good indeed!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 1:58 PM | Locked

Debra

That really is good news.  My granddaughter had a similiar incident when she you little.  Just a day or two and she was all better.  Hope all goes well and your DGD gets home soon.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 2:10 PM | Locked

Debra - more prayers coming your way from Georgia.  I was so happy to see your update before I even had a chance to comment on the first post about your DGD.  I'll bet that the "quilt lady" gave her a quilt made by one of the Quilts For Kids quilters.  Who knows -- it could have been made by one of the other QCA members as i know there are several out here in cyberspace that do those.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 2:15 PM | Locked

Went grocery shopping first thing this morning.  Was going to call DIL about some Christmas ideas as long as i was in town but i couldn't find my cell phone.  Found it when I got back home sitting on the end table  Doesn't do me much good there.  :o( 

Since I have been home, i have been doing laundry and messing around in the sewing room.  Made the steaks I picked up today with baked potatoes and salads for our mid-day meal.  We eat our big meal around 1 and eat light in the evening.  We are enjoying temps in the 70's but there is a cold front headed our way.  It is quite breezy out and the leaves are sure falling.  I need to rake some to put in the doggies fence for them.  They love laying in big piles of leaves.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 5,005
Debra Moore replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 2:20 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Went grocery shopping first thing this morning.  Was going to call DIL about some Christmas ideas as long as i was in town but i couldn't find my cell phone.  Found it when I got back home sitting on the end table  Doesn't do me much good there.  :o( 

Since I have been home, i have been doing laundry and messing around in the sewing room.  Made the steaks I picked up today with baked potatoes and salads for our mid-day meal.  We eat our big meal around 1 and eat light in the evening.  We are enjoying temps in the 70's but there is a cold front headed our way.  It is quite breezy out and the leaves are sure falling.  I need to rake some to put in the doggies fence for them.  They love laying in big piles of leaves.

Sounds like a perfect day Marge.  What kind of dogs do you have?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 3:10 PM | Locked

Ginny:
Apparently wants me to have my email thru windows. 

I feel I am being held hostage by a software company.  Pay up or else  (else=pay a programer to fix the mess)  Before this system (and it is an updated one of my old system) I could send anything anywhere.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 3:14 PM | Locked

I was forced finally to phone the tech guy at work to fix my computer, but the time 2 minutes had gone by we realized my number lock was on.  I don't use numbers unless I have to log on to my company email or log on to the banking both of which use numbers but you can't see them so you don't know why your log on failed.  three days of beyone irritation and rage!!!  two seconds to fix.  I wanna go home.

Page 164 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 162 163 164 165 166 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.