Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 140 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 138 139 140 141 142 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 9:29 AM | Locked

gini:

Marie:

CC and Gini what if one goes commando!?

what happens in virginia beach stays in virginia beach, and in everyone's camera.   :  )

OH No!! No pictures, please. The mental image is more then enough!

Besides, anyone going commando is just saving that much more luggage space.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 10:00 AM | Locked

chocake2:
They giggle over name suggestions:  "Harvey Walter" " Maxwell Mortimore"  " Mable Edith Cornilia"   No matter what the name, they are all in agreement that Sprout is the most wonderful baby ever to happen to anybody. 

WOW! Congratulations, Chocake!  How exciting!  Sounds like you are getting name suggestions inspired by the Cabbage Patch kids, though..... and be careful about the nickname before the baby is born!  I kept calling my first baby "Thumper" because I kept getting kicked a lot.  I was teaching at the time, too, and one time I was in front of the class holding a book about 4 inches away from my tummy  when the baby kicked out and the book went flying across the room.  All the kids said "WOW!" and I was the talk of the school for that day.  Anyway, now that the baby is grown (all 6'2" of him) he has a size 13 foot and has a hard time finding shoes that fit!  I wonder how tall your little Sprout will end up being?   :D

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 10:40 AM | Locked

Bella:
be careful about the nickname before the baby is born! 
LOL. I was teaching pre-school when I was pregnant with our first. When I told the kids that I had a baby growing inside me, I explained that it was "No bigger then a tadpole"  After that, she was "Tadpole."  When her 1st little brother came along, the doc was doing the ultra sound and announced "Ah! There's the little bean" when he appeared on the screan.   That did it. He was "Bean."  With # three, the kids said it had to be something green, so they alternated between calling  him "Algie" and "Froggy" (He hopped around a lot).  And now we have "Sprout".

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,327
Points 27,985
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 12:09 PM | Locked

Pat Lancaster:

Marsha, congratulation on your newest great grandson. He is adorable and how blessed y'all are to have him with you. I have a new granddaughter, 12 days old, and every time I hold her I just think what a miracle I am holding.

So happy you can get a hold of your tiny grandddaughter.  I wish this little guy wasn't so far away in Germany.

Scrappy quilts are so far out of my comfort zone.  I am very matchy-matchy and traditional ("old fashioned, ancient?").  I have never mixed so many colors and prints before, but am getting more comfortable with it as long as I can find ONE fabric to tie everything together.  Mixed backgrounds don't quite do it for me unless they are the same color.  I like to mix blocks but keep the colors coordinating.  Samplers are loads of fun but for me would be more my style if not so many colors.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,327
Points 27,985
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 1:08 PM | Locked

CC, nicknames AFTER birth can be a problem.  Our first girl, Sue, was called "Boy Named Sue", The second, Barbara (Bobbie) was "Bobcat", The third, Carolyn, was "Toughcat" - she had to be tough with them just a little over 1 year and 2 years older than her.  The fourth, Ronald, was "Ron-Ron" - not so bad, but the last, Douglas, was "Bugsy", "Bugs", "Ugly Dougly" - the first 2 because he was so tiny and the last name was the girl's favorite because he was such a pest and cried if he didn't get his way - can we say SPOILED ROTTEN?  The girls thought it was fun when he was very young to cater to him.  We all paid for it later. He was born 5 years after Ron so was a novelty to them and a "living doll" to play with.  Watch out for that with Sprout.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 1:11 PM | Locked

congrats Pat and Marsha on the new babies!  cant wait for cc's to be here so maybe we can  spoil sprout in our own unique way too!

happy quilting!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 1:40 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
It would take up space that fabric needs to go in.

Check out those cute car top pods.  you can get a whole whack of stuff in them. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 1:50 PM | Locked

Not going in my car. Riding with Marrge in her car. But, since My DH and I are going in our car to SM Retreat. We would have much more room if someone wanted to ride with us up there. .

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 1:50 PM | Locked

chocake2:
He says they way they do it is to only change underwear every other day.

I stayed home from work on friday (called in sick (of working)) good thing my husband is my "supervisor")  anywhay I called him during the morning to see if he was joining me for lunch and mentioned that the dryer was full of his socks and underwear and I told him he should have told me he was in need of both.  He just said he didn't want to complain because he knew I was really busy (more likely he knew I would have told him not to overload the machine!!) he got this really pathetic tone of voice and said It was OK, he just switched them from back to front every other day.  EWWW!!! Good thing he was on the phone or I would have smacked him, then he told me he was joking.

On a lighter note, I did get whacks of stuff done that day.  I would fold a load of laundry, work for a bit on my longarm, fold stash with the method everyone has been talking about (I love it by the way, so nice and neat and it ably demonstrated that I am a cost conscious person, I need to shop I have NO stash to speak of!!!) I am going to do fat quartes as well and start cutting the little bits into blocks, etc as per Bonnies method.  I got one baby quilt done and am loading another this afternoon after the Christmas Craft Show and Sale.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 1:58 PM | Locked

Went to the Quilt Shop on Main, inj the twon next to ours. Jasper, Ga. OMG, awesome shop. Got the Let's Twist Again book. What great ideas that I would never have thought of myself.  She said she would consider sending a door prize to Virgina Beach with me.  Hope it works out!!  There is not a Quilt GUIld in Jasper. Not one, anyway, open to any quilter. there are three, one that is for the Methoedist Church members, one that is for the residents of the Bent Tree gated community and one that is open only to the Big Canoe  gated community.esidents. How rude is that?   I suggested a Guild open to ladies who would like to join QCA and those who would not be interested in being a member of QCA. We would really take all comers. Then,  there could be a retreat for QCA and the other members of this Guild ,somewhere in the North Georgia Mtns.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 2:11 PM | Locked

I started a Quilt of Valor for my husband and then decided I needed more fabric, so I went online and ordered about $100 worth so I would have enough fabric to do at least 2 Quilts of Valor.  I have a future son-in-law in the National Guard and a great (or grand) nephew in the Marines, so I know the 2nd one will get to someone.  I might look for some of that Marine fabric that Jeanine uses for the Marine as those quilts she made are so beautiful.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 2:39 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
I am very matchy-matchy and traditional ("old fashioned, ancient?"). 
   if you like everything matchy-matchy,  you're not old fashioned, that's a new development   old quilts were scrappy because they used old clothes and whatever they had on hand.   samplers don't have to have a lot of colors, i've seen two and three color samplers.   so i would say you're pretty modern.  :  )

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 2:43 PM | Locked

Vivian :

Check out those cute car top pods.  you can get a whole whack of stuff in them. 

yes you can,  however, you can also fill it up, and fill the car up,  and end up, sitting on fabric because there is no room for it anywhere in the car.   that happened on a two week girl/quilting trip i was on once.   one poor soul  sat on the last purchase, we were stuffed to the gills.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 2:46 PM | Locked

and then when we got home, there was a fabric explosion all over my front yard.  unbelievable how many treasures you can fit in a car with four women.  and by the way, that didn't include the boxes of treasures (mostly our dirty clothes, but not all) we shipped to the office we all worked at.  our boss was pretty pleased when all the boxes arrived.  he figured none of us could afford to quit.

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 484
Points 9,145
Darlene replied on Sat, Nov 5 2011 3:06 PM | Locked

]

[/quote]
Marie:
[quote user="gini"] Then Jim changes with Ralph and Ralph changes with Pete, [/quote

I was thinking of taking my thongs to VB I can throw in afew extra for swapsies LOL

Darlene (2mh)

Page 140 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 138 139 140 141 142 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use