Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 137 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 135 136 137 138 139 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Thu, Nov 3 2011 5:59 PM | Locked

CC I don't think you are being petty at all.  I would speak up if I were you.  Say something like I'm glad you liked my idea and ran with it, thank you and give her a sweet smile.  OOPS now I'm being catty, sorry.  Just rubs me the wrong way when something like that happens.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,424
Points 23,800
Maggie replied on Thu, Nov 3 2011 6:11 PM | Locked

CC, were you an author in a former life?   I love reading about your days,  Have you thought about saving them as a kind of journal for Sprout?    When my daughter was pregnant with her son we lived 400 miles apart and she emailed me every day telling me about her day and how she felt and what her "what to expect when you're expecting" said.   I printed and saved them all for her to give him when he's much older.  Probably something she should re-read as he enters the teenage years and she's wondering where her sweet son went.  LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Thu, Nov 3 2011 8:46 PM | Locked

I have been having a great staycation with DH.  Tuesday and Wednesday while Dh did projects on the car, I was busy working on the top for SIL's quilt for Christmas.  I got the middle section of the quilt done, all 22 rows of 17 hour glass blocks.

Today we took a little trip to Sarasota so that I could go to Cotton Patch Quilt Shop to find backing fabric.  I did not find any fabric that I wanted there but did buy the batting there.  So next it was back to Dunedin to my favorite shop, Rainbows End.  I found the backing fabric there and while I would have loved to buy more fabric, I only bought the backing fabric and thread for this project.

After that DH took us to Wendy's for lunch and then it was off to home.  Once at home I finished pressing the middle section of the quilt.  Here is a picture of the middle section

I did get one of the boarders cut and sewn on but haven't taken a picute of that.  Tomorrow I hope to get the boarders on and the backing pieced.  The backing may not get pieced all the way depending on how long errands take and DH has a race tomorrow night and we will have to leave fairly early due to traffic and parking.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,050
Points 385,642
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 12:27 AM | Locked

Marie:

http://youtu.be/yEH4Yum4nN4

This is partly what I'm up to today during my lunch break.  I'm also working on my MQ5.

So Marie,

what exactly were you doing, watching videos, exercising, or did you go to a strip joint? Enquiring minds would like to know. LOL.

Cool commercial.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 8:08 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

In 45 minutes, I'm leaving for a retreat with 100 other quilters...

WOW! 100??? Don't get lost but, have FUN!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 680
Charlie Disante replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 8:15 AM | Locked

I am deciding if it is time to buy a new iron and looking for recommendations.  The iron I have is incontinent and spitting at me now.  Anyone have any suggestions? 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 8:21 AM | Locked

I will NOT take tha tthing with me to retreats.  It would take up space that fabric needs to go in.  I promise not to stop breathing long enough to need a 911 call.  All is well. About the lack of room, I will suck in my stomach and try to make myself as small as possible. I have decided on the project I want to work on during the retreat. will get all the fabric cut and labeled. That way there won't be a bunch of fabric taking up space from others.  I have decided it would  take up less room if we just don't bring clothes.  DH veteod that idea.  He said it maight scare the rest of you,  right into the ocean!! No drowning on the trip, please. ; 0

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 9:50 AM | Locked

Kris:
what exactly were you doing, watching videos, exercising, or did you go to a strip joint? Enquiring minds would like to know

Heck, this brings up a memory from way back when the kids were in grade school and "Mother's Club" was going to a male strip joint.  Not that I was or am a prude but I decided not to go for fear my little ones would think I was some kind of pervert if they found out.  Boy am I sorry now!  At least I got to go to this virtual strip club, so shoot me!  LOL  The things we do or don't do for the sake of our kids.  ; [[

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:03 AM | Locked

I think one of my gentleman hiker friends had the solution to the problem of how many clothes you can take and still fit fabric in on retreats, Ladies. Hikers like to keep thier packs light so they pack as little as possible . He says they way they do it is to only change underwear every other day. Then Jim changes with Ralph and Ralph changes with Pete, etc...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 27,170
Ms MoomMist replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:11 AM | Locked

Charlie Disante:

I am deciding if it is time to buy a new iron and looking for recommendations.  The iron I have is incontinent and spitting at me now.  Anyone have any suggestions? 

Charlie, I got an Oliso on Amazon really cheap.. I love it! It is light weight and I do not have to worry about setting it up every time I press a little triangle. I love my Oliso

xoxoxo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 29,750
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:26 AM | Locked

Got an update on our tiny great-grandson.  He is very lucky to be OK.  Megan's going into labor 6 weeks early was a miracle.  His heartrate started to slow down and they considered a caesarian, but she was able to push him out quickly.  They discovered that his umbilical cord was tied in a FULL KNOT and was wrapped around his neck TWICE!!!  If she had gone nearer to full term, he may have suffered brain damage.  The knot could have been pinched and the double wrap could have caused real problems.  As it is, he seems to be fine.  He is off oxygen and digesting his food as he should.  They have him on a feeding tube and have pumped his stomach a while after feeding him to see if he is digesting his food.  Everything seems fine!  My daughter says he must have been jumping rope in there!!!  Have never heard of something like this before --- a FULL KNOT!  I think he is an acrobatic swimmer!

Here is a picture of tiny Megan and tinier Lincoln. I don't think she is even 5' tall. 

Daddy Nick holding Lincoln for 1st time. How small his tiny leg is!  Wish I could hold him too, but he is so far away in Germany.  Our military hospitals take good care of them over there.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 125
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,503
Points 39,460
Linda replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:37 AM | Locked

You guys are cracking me up this morning!! I'm laughing so hard that tears are running down my legs!!!! I think you are having way too much fun already. Did you say you were drinking your meals?? Oh gosh, I wish I were on this trip!!! LOL!

Chocake2 - I think I like the changing with Jim and Ralph!! Oh and Pete too!! Where can I meet them?

Linda

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,503
Points 39,460
Linda replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:39 AM | Locked

How precious Lincoln is! A true gift from God!

Linda

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:57 AM | Locked

Too Funny CC!  That way everyone gets to smell like everyone else.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,866
Points 181,728
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 4 2011 11:03 AM | Locked

Marsha, thank God she went into labor early.  He will make strides now and be on his way home soon. "All good things come in small packages" my mother used to say to me.  

Millbury, MA

Page 137 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 135 136 137 138 139 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.