Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 61 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 15
Judy replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 6:01 PM | Locked

I was working on a bear paw wall hanging but need ideas on what kind of quilting to do to finish it.  your post remended me of the 12 years we put in in hockey..my youngest was a goalit oldest skated out.. Well back to finding some kind of quilting for the bear paw.....

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 6:18 PM | Locked

feel better  Happy!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 6:49 PM | Locked

Wow - we now have are very own celebrity in Kris.  I met Jodie at the Georgia Quilt Show last year.  Isn't she great? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 7:59 PM | Locked

Way to go, JJ  !!!!

Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 8:48 PM | Locked

Kris:

I'm so excited right now. I went to Keepsake Quilting and not only did I meet Jodie and Mark I'm going to be on Quilt Out Loud!!! (Hopefully I won't be edited out).

Mark and Jodie are awesome, he's taller than I thought and she's smaller than I thought. Thea she said hello.

This is a photo Pat took while we were filming. I brought my reindeer quilt for show & tell.

I also met Jeff Turner, Mark's partner, what a great guy. We had a nice long chat as they filmed other segments.

Kris, that is just great! What a neat opportunity :-)  Good for you for taking a quilt in to show them - I'd be too nervous!  I sure hope you make it out of the cutting room & onto our computer screens!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 8:49 PM | Locked

Nancy, it sounds like you had LOTS of fun at the "private" sale! I bet you told DH how much you saved, not how much you spent! LOL  You'll have to show us pictures of some of your finds :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 9:44 PM | Locked

Well it is so nice to see how busy everyone is. Yesterday, I got groceries for a friend with poison oak on her face and neck.  Not a pretty sight.  Then went to feed a friend's cat, walked, and made supper.  Quilted after supper but my dear kitten, Mocha, decided to try to grab the needle.  I will need to teach him to sit and watch not reach and grab...Also made 3 apple pie fillings, some apple cobbler, froze beets...  very busy.

Today we were without power for 4+hours, I did laundry dried it on the line since it was so beautiful outside, cut out 2 quilts, started another one, cleaned the carrots that DH brouhgt in from the garden, cut and cleaned the flowerbeds.  All in all, a very productive weekend.  I am hoping to actually sew tomorrow.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 5:48 AM | Locked

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

TODAY, MY GOAL IS TO TRY TO USE MY RIGHT HAND ALITTLE BIT MORE....TYPING IS THE FIRST THING...WITH BOTH HANDS; LOL.

I REALLY THINK I AM GOING TO TRY TO SIT AT THE MACHINE AGAIN TODAY AND SEE IF MY RIGHT HAND WILL COOPERATE......I SURE HOPE SO.  I THINK I AM HAVING WITHDRAWALS lol

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 440
Points 6,980
Mz M replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 6:19 AM | Locked

Kris - awesome, you're a star! Can't wait to see you on QUILT OUT LOUD. Congrats!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 8:15 AM | Locked

OK, I thought my post from last night didn't make it but apparently it did (modem was acting up). Never mind me!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 8:17 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Eileen:

Kris, be careful what you ask for - remember, CC has a house (garage?) full of boxes to be unpacked yet!!

WHAT!?! You think I'd pass up an opertunity to play with Kris in order to work?? Notta Chance!

Well, you never know....LOL   Of course, you're right - housework vs play with quilting friends has a clear winner every time!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 8:30 AM | Locked

Kris, you go girl, that is awesome..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 10:29 AM | Locked

Thanks for the compliments on our beautiful mares.  Yes, Paso Finos are not only very very smooth, they love their peoples and do all they can to please us.  I can ride mine (all of my horses) with a rope halter, a simple leather bosal (similiar to a halter) or a bridle with a bit (curb).  Planning on riding my beautiful Princesa in a Fall Parade in Concord on the 15th, with the Pike County Horse Club, it is always fun and there are so many different breeds in our club  particpating.  Hopefully will add a couple of Christmas Parades later.

Kris how exciting to have met Jodi and friends.  Your raindeer quilt looked so neat.

Angele, apple cobbler?  sound delicious...can or have you already shared the recipe?  My tummy is already growling for a taste of apple cobbler!

Everyone, I've enjoyed and drooled over all the quilts in Show and Tell!  Y'all definitely have not only magic fingers, but machine and imaginations.  Cool weather is now getting me wanting to finish those I've started and do some new ones with lots of rding inbetween. 

This website is so awesome!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 10:39 AM | Locked

Joni, where do Paso Finos come from?  Are they a Spanish breed? Mom had an Tennessee Walking Horse and Sam, who was I don't remember what.  anyway, I love horses. Some friends of ours had belgiuns. Love those horses.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 4:04 PM | Locked

Joni, everyone has been dead on when they say you have beautiful equine friends. I'm impressed by their delicate features.  Most everyone around here has 1/4 horses, so yours stand out.

So Today I paid the bills (ick) And wandered over to the local PO to mail then, thinking it would just be a quick trip. 2 hours later...  Our post master is one of my art guild buddies so we got to visiting, and you know how that is! And then the neighbors started trickling in, so I had to meet them. So far I've recieved a nice warm welcome. They already know more about me then I do them, of course. It's the way of small towns...

I got up this AM and decided that I absolutely can not take the color of our living room much longer. All 4 walls, from floor to ceiling, are painted a bright cheery juvnile green. Hubby called it Mouth- wash green, and while it's not quite as dark as a fresh bottle of scope, I can't say that it's an inaccurate description. It would be a beautiful accent color in a kids room decorated with crayon brights. BUT it is a bit much on all four walls.  When the sun sets and the shadows move in, the room shrinks by 50%, at least. It absorbs the light so much that when it was over-cast this AM, it felt possitively dreary in here. Plus it doesn't really go with any thing we own...  I simply can't live with it all winter. I thought i'd be able to, but now that I've had a week of it, I know that's not going to happen.

So, rather then filling my book cases and hanging my pictures, I am debating running to the city to buy paint.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 61 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use