Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 54 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 7:49 PM | Locked

Thanks to all for prayers. They were answered. Only bad report was erosion on my vocal cord from my GERD. What they do about it I have no idea. Being put on yet another med for GERD. Next up, gastroscope soon.  See that doc on Thurs. to schedule it. Sure will be glad when this is over. I have been sick now, for 5 months straight. Thank God, DH is coming along fine with his P.T. after the total knee replacement three weeks ago.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 8:24 PM | Locked

gini:
and below are some of the winners at the puyallup fair

I hope you posted these applique quilt pictures over in your applique group.  Beautiful!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 9:42 PM | Locked

I finally heard back from the dr......it's still a go on the surgery....Whew!  I wanna get this done and over so I can go back to work.......

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 10:09 PM | Locked

KATHY:

I finally heard back from the dr......it's still a go on the surgery....Whew!  I wanna get this done and over so I can go back to work.......

Glad you can get it over with.......seems weird to say congratulations on your surgery. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 10:13 PM | Locked

maggie,

thanks, and no it doesn't sound weird to me LOL

I completely understand.  sounds weird for me to want to have this done.....I have been uncomfortable for too long.....just gotta get this taken care of now.......we have had so many critical health issues with my DH that I haven't been taking time to take care of me too.....so I am ready to have this one taken care of....been a long time coming....not wanting to be cut on,  but it needs to be fixed......

Happy quilting!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 11:23 PM | Locked

Kathy

Anytime I needed surgery I put it off until I just couldn't stand it anymore.  Not a pleasant experience but we definitely feel better afterwards.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 28 2011 1:15 AM | Locked

KATHY:

Kris

,I think the pickle dish quilt is awesome too!  It's just all those points!  This would be a good one for paper piecing!

Kathy,

I actually plan on hand piecing this one. I'll take it to work with me.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Wed, Sep 28 2011 7:34 AM | Locked

Kris,

Very Cool!  I am on Leave of Absence right now,  and have alot more free time than I am used to having.  But I usually take hand work of some sort with me to work too.....but the only time I get to touch it is during my lunch hour.....I know your pickle dish is going to be great when you finish it.   Please post pics!

Today I am going to clean clean clean before tomorrow so that I won't have such a mess when We get home from the  hospital tomorrow.....and i do want to put some stitches in on my tabletopper......

happy quilting!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Sep 28 2011 1:03 PM | Locked

Ugh!  The site was soooooo slow last night when I logged on that I gave up  in frustration.  I hope it will be better today.  Maybe there were too many of us playing on site instead of quilting?  I finished the first of the quilts for Dave's granddaughters yesterday afternoon.  Working on number two today.  When I get it done, I will get Dave to help me take pictures to post.  Then it will be back to Celeste's  At least I finally got all the long rows pieced together for hers.  Now the tricky part of getting the sashing in right. 

Kathy - glad you surgery is still a "GO" so you can get it behind you. 

Sukochi - I hope they can come up for a plan to help with your throat problems. 

Gini -- what a great gate!  And the virtual quilt show you posted for us...... WONDERFUL.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Wed, Sep 28 2011 2:14 PM | Locked

i think i might have mentioned that i was leaving this week free to get ready for retreat, well that's not happening.  i have saturday now, and maybe tomorrow if i go into hiding.   

i was supposed to be at the kids school to help out at 8 this morning.   at 7:56 i woke up, sam was leisurely eating breakfast.  so no shower, no breakfast, and i made it by 8:07, not bad for an old lady.   i forgot my glasses though and had to borrow cheaters.

i have an hour or so to regroup, before i pick up the kids and head out to violin,piano and soccer,  whew.  gramma-ing is hard work.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 150
Susan replied on Wed, Sep 28 2011 4:04 PM | Locked
Kathy dear, You know the issue with your allergies,I THINK,I have something that you rally need to hear about for that problem.I know this sounds funny but truly I can't set by and not tell people. If you would email me at paul.gingerich@gmail.com please do so,I'll give you a ph# too 417 876 5554. Susan
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Wed, Sep 28 2011 4:18 PM | Locked

Thank you Susan!  i really appreciate it!

Happy quilting!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Wed, Sep 28 2011 6:06 PM | Locked

What have I been up to - EXHAUSTION!  I volunteered to take care of the shop while Liz and Gretchen went on a retreat to MO... Whoo... this body is not used to getting up and working 8 hours - and then going out for pool league - and getting up again early this morning for another 8 hour day... 3 days to go... tomorrow I have to drop the dogs off at the vet in the morning and go to work - jay will pick them up - Friday I drop China the blond burmese off at the vet and again Jay will pick him up - as I have to work... WHOOO....

I did quilt my Labrynth quilt yesterday and today at work - most of it yesterday as I wasn't very busy - today it seemed everyone decided to come to the shop as they just knew I was exhausted...teehee... but I got the border quilted today and put the machine part of the binding on... So it is home for the handwork... I have taken 6 quilt tops out there to work on and get quilted this week... Wonder how many I will get done!  teehee... I have Echo's Dance quilt on the table for spray basting - I laid it all out before I left - last thing I did today!  I will work on it tomorrow - It is a small quilt for my Grand daughter so shouldn't take me too long - and then I'll do one of the 2 other lap quilts that I have - leaving the larger ones for last... 

If anyone has some extra energy, please send it my way!!! I truly need it - after not working for 10 years and having this stupid RA and OA to deal with it is difficult - My body hurts everywhere - but stubborn as I am - I will make it!!!  And so far this year I have lost 20 pounds so maybe working this week will get another 5 gone and I'll be close to the weight I wanted to weigh for the cruise... I might fit into that swim suit and not be terribly embarrassed...lol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Sep 28 2011 6:18 PM | Locked

Althea, I sure wish I had your energy. Must be nice.

I see where you mentioned spray basting. How do you like that? I have heard good and bad. Do you use it just for hand quilting? Can you use it for machine quilting?

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Sep 28 2011 6:21 PM | Locked

some like to use it for machine quilting, I have never heard of it used for hand quilting but I don't know anyone who does hand quilt. 

Page 54 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use