Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today? #4

Page 9 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 434
Points 6,955
Mz M replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 4:13 PM | Locked

The Quilt Daddy:

For those who have not heard St Augustine, FL had a major explosion on Friday of a tanker truck as it was unloading its gas. Fortunately no one was killed but there was a single casualty when one of the volunteer firefighters was burned over 40% of his body. I ask every one to please say a prayer for this community hero and place this situation on your church's prayer list when attending church tomorrow. Too often it is the unsung heros (volunteers) that end up getting injured and more often than not they do not have insurance to cover themselves when they come to the aid of those they serve in our communities.

I am so sorry to hear of this incident. Please take the extra money from postage, from fabric exchange that you were going to send back, and put it in the local fund for this person. Too many of us go without insurance, for any number or reasons, and at times like this the community needs to pull together and support their volunteers. He and his family are in my prayers.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 4:23 PM | Locked

We don't have kids, just us old fogies here, but she is doing her best to rule this roost. She is stubborn a a mule. But, I would get another Yorkie in a heartbeat. When she in a "oh love me" mood, she is precious. But, we haven't figured out how to break her from barking.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 7:06 PM | Locked

I ran some errands today and bought some fabric and notions.   Now I am extremely frustrated with myself.....I dropped my kindle in the toilet.  It didn't much like getting wet.  Hopefully it will work after it dries out.....arrrghh

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 7:57 PM | Locked

Please take the extra money from postage for the fabric exchange that you were going to refund, and put it in the local fund for this firefighter.To be without insurance for any reason, and especially at a time like this is disasterous for the family.   He,  his family and the entire community are in my prayers.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 10:58 PM | Locked

No sewing today.  10+ hours working on our newly landscaped garden in process.  Finally to the stage where we can actually see it instead of just visualize it.  Far better than we dreamed.  Here in the dry east side of the state, we decided to make a Japanese style dry pond, with big rocks.  Today, DH planted the dwarf evergreens, and made a little grotto between a couple of the big rocks, with water dripping down and into a basin covered but hooked up to a small solar powered pump the circulates the water.  It has such a nice sound. 

I wish I had take some "before" pictures.  When we get more done, I will be sure and post some 'after' pictures.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 20 2011 11:20 PM | Locked

Patti

Your "garden" sounds gorgeous.  I love the idea of water effects.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85
Lizziern replied on Sun, Aug 21 2011 11:36 AM | Locked

Hi Nana,  I'm an ER nurse at this time, but have worked in med-surg, telemetry, neuro, step-down units, long-term care and home health.  I spend about 3-5 years in any given area and feel it's given me quite an experience.  Right now I'm deciding on going back to get a masters for my NP and since I've lost 92 pounds maybe a nutrition minor so that I may get involved in the preventative side of nursing and not the bandaging!  :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85
Lizziern replied on Sun, Aug 21 2011 11:39 AM | Locked

Thanks Nancy!  I'll try to snap a better one.  This was my first quilt!  It was a great class at my local sewing store, Stonybrook Sew & Vac.  Hope it's OK to say this.  I really like that store, they are always so willing to help me with suggestions and take good care of my machine and vacuum! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,038
Points 108,680
chocake2 replied on Sun, Aug 21 2011 12:05 PM | Locked

Hoping for a quiet day today. I won't be stitching...but DD will. Helping her counts, right ...?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Aug 21 2011 12:52 PM | Locked

Finally at last ,what a horrible 3 days it has been . We lost power Thursday night with the storms that went thru and they just now got them back on. It has been terrible , no fans no lights  nothing ... and you can hardly find anything battery operated at this late in the summer .. it has been a nightmare...LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,179
gini replied on Sun, Aug 21 2011 12:57 PM | Locked

good to hear form you barbara,   we have been having an unusally mild summer, we had a mild winter, too.   our temps haven't gotten into the 90's,  it's staying cool enough at night to sleep comfortably, there hasn't been one fabulous thunder and lightening storm, we've only had a couple of scattered showers.  my basil is still grumpy, that it hasn't gotten hot enough, but all the other flowers are happy.  so all in all we've had a pefect summer, once the spring rains stopped the first of july.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, Aug 21 2011 1:39 PM | Locked

We are starting to paint one guestroom and the family room.  I can't figure out the color.  We bought two samples for the bedroom yesterday and I don't like either.  I guess I'll head back to Home Depot and buy more samples.  I guess it is better to invest in the samples then to hate the color.  You just can't tell unless you put it on the wall.  The other hard part is we don't have our furniture so I can't test the color against that.  The family room shouldn't be too bad since we are going very neutral but do you know how many shades of tan/beige there are.  I want something with some color to warm it up but not a lot.  But do I go towards the yellow/tan, the gray/tan or the brown/tan.  There are so many different tints!!!  Wish me luck.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 21 2011 3:56 PM | Locked

Luck, Jeanine!

It's probably because we're quilters that we're so picky about colors.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,117
Points 28,385
Wendy replied on Sun, Aug 21 2011 4:22 PM | Locked

gini:
we have been having an unusally mild summer

So have we Gini, I can't belive that I go back to work tomorrow!!  The funny thing is that the teperatures for this week are the highest of the year.  kinda going to be rough concidering that our  schools don't have air  conditioning. 

Page 9 of 419 (6276 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use