Page 1 of 419 (6276 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,275 Replies | 41 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,260
QCA Admin Posted: Tue, Aug 16 2011 8:05 AM | Locked

Hello,

Because this thread has become so popular, and receives so many replies (which can sometimes cause performance issues), we will continually add new "versions."

The most recent posts in What are you up to today? #3 are here.

The original thread was started by Spudgrandma back on August 19, 2009.

Thanks,

QCA Peg

• | Post Points: 485
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85
Lizziern replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 12:34 PM | Locked

I am totally relaxing on my day off.  Eventually I plan on hitting my sewing room and doing some fun work instead of working on my window treatments for the kitchen.  :)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 1:03 PM | Locked

Lizzie

That sounds like a perfect plan.  It is always more relaxing to do something fun instead of something you have to do...LOL>

From your signon name I assume you are a nurse.   What type of work do you do.   I did critical care with a main focus in neurotrama for almost 20 yrs.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 1:20 PM | Locked

Hi Lizzie,

That looks to be a beautiful wallhanging used as your avatar.  Any chance we'll get to see a larger image of it?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 2:10 PM | Locked

Wow! We filled up # 3 in just 4 1/2 months. What a chatty bunch!

My plans today...? Well, we were scheduled to close on the house today. Yeah..this is the same house we were closing on on the 8th, and the 12th... and now it's the 22nd -maybe. I'm beginning to think that if we actually get this thing bought, it'll be a miracle!

The banker called at 8:30 this AM saying that she hadn't heard back the state offices  and wanted me to call them ASAP to get the last bit of paperwork turned in before we had to be at the title co. UMmm, yeah...State offices don't open til 9, and reaching anyone in them prior to 9:30 is highly unlikely, but Ok.  I got that taken care of.   Just as I was picking up the phone to call the banker to be certain she got it, the phone rang.  It was the banker again. She'd just been reading our file and noticed that we would be required to up-date the septic system.  (Now don't ya think she shoulda read the file a few WEEKS ago and told us about it then!???) We needed to get a bid in on that before we could close. Could we get one submitted before 10:30?  LADY...Contractors WORK for a living. I don't think the odds are great that I'll find one in the office today! Hubby tracked a guy down  at his job sight, and bless him, he did up a quick bid sheet for us and we got it to the bank right at 10:30. 

At 11:15 she calls and says "Oh! I need a contract, not just a bid"  WHAT!!???? We got the contract in, but that poor contracter was about fed up with us...

Now she say "Oh, we'll have to re-work your entire loan for this and because of Truth in Lending issues it won't be ready for 3 days."   ARGHH!!  Hubby has used up 3 days leave to close with no results so far. I've taken time off again and again... Our bosses are starting to getting mighty crabby about this - do you blame them? Putting it off again is simply not an option for us. I'd like  us  to have continued employment, Thanyewberry mush!!! The banker's responce: "Oh, I'm not sure we can do that. I'll just have to see how it works out..."     Violent acts are starting to hold a strong appeal to me.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,060
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 2:40 PM | Locked

CC

Oh my....I am afraid that me and a loan officer would have had a very one sided conversation very early in this day.   So sorry that things are going so roughly in this deal.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 2:50 PM | Locked

CC, I'm sorry to hear that what should be a joyous occasion is turning into such a trial.  I hope it all works out by the end of the month.  Good luck!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 4:23 PM | Locked

Well now - that is just the pits CC.  I know you want to be in the house before school starts.  Any chance of that happening now???  Why are some people so dumb and inconsiderate?  That bank person is a real pain in the ______ (feel free to fill in whatever y our little heart desires.) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 4:42 PM | Locked

Thanks girls! Youre always so pacient with my rants. What would i do without you to vent to??

Hubby went back to work after the SNAFU this Am. No sense missing a whole day... Before he punch the clock he passed a farm stand so he picked up some lovely little cucs and brought them home. I've got the first batch of this seasons pickles in the canner now. Somehow the smell of vinegar is calming on a day like today. At least i am doing something productive.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,640
abcd replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 5:01 PM | Locked

Hey, CC - WOW! I am an assistant for a broker at a Coldwell Banker office, and I am on the road to getting my broker's license renewed.  I never worked AS a broker, but as a PARALEGAL I worked in the foreclosure dept. of a national title insurance company. Now I want to be my own boss.  ANYWAY - Each state has it's own real estate laws, and I am just wondering:  Since you are buying, don't you have a Buyer/Broker working for and with you?  I mean, THAT'S THEIR FRIGGEN' JOB!  You should not have to be dealing with the bank, except to get a loan passed in your name!  Sheeesh!  This isn't a "short sale" is it? (not a "short time to close" by any means, that just means the house being bought was in danger of going into foreclosure).  If you DO have a broker, I would get in their ear and tell them to do their job - and good luck, my dear!  I hope it all goes smoothly from here on out....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 6:08 PM | Locked

My DD and SIL just bought a "short sale" home and got a really good deal.  The only bad part was that it took 4 months for the original lenders to accept the deal they were offering and they were dealing in cash, no mortgages.   But, in the end, they got the house for $135K that still had $250K owed on it.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 6:39 PM | Locked

CC sorry to hear of all the problems closing on your new house.  i hope it all gets resolved soon.

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 9:15 PM | Locked

No Bella. There is no broker. We are buying direct - and have had no problems working with the sellers at all!!

As of a week and a half ago we were assured we had all of our ducks in a row and everything ws ready for closing. Then 3 days before we were set to do it, the banker said "Oopsie. I need such and such before you close." Everything she needed was going to take 4 days to get. I did it in 2.5 with the help of alot of really nice, gracious folks.     Then the seller ended up in the ER/hospital overnight with heart trouble so we postponed closing til today.  This AM the banker  says "Oh gee, silly me. I guess we needed this that and the other thing...? Tsk tsk, can't close without that. hehehe" I really wish I'd gotten that ol bat to put it in writing when she told us everything was in order and we were good to go...  Hubby finally told her that we would be closing on Monday or she would be out of a job. At the very least she needs to go back for re-training.

For the record, our neighbors are working with the same loan officeer. They've been waiting 4 weeks to finalize a loan they applied for 3 months ago to add on to their home. She keeps finding one more excuse to postpone the exchange of funds.  They were scheduled to have the work finished by now and haven't even broken ground yet. Their baby is due in a few weeks - don't look like he'll be welcomed to home to peace and quiet as the crew will be building while he tries to nap. I told his mother to take her screaming infant to the bank and set up camp next to the loan offices for a week...that seems fair reward for incompotence.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 9:17 PM | Locked

chocake2:
so he picked up some lovely little cucs and brought them home. I've got the first batch of this seasons pickles in the canner now.

A friend of mine dropped off some baseball bat sized zucchini, so I was baking zucchini bread all afternoon.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 9:22 PM | Locked

MMMMMmmm! I'll be right over Nancy!!

DD makes double chocolate zucchini bread that is to die for! I think she got the recipe at Cooks.com. It had cocoa int he batter and choc chips stirred in - very moist and rich.

• | Post Points: 140
Page 1 of 419 (6276 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use