Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 175 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 173 174 175 176 177 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155
Snugglebug Quilter replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 7:14 PM | Locked

Hi again Ramona. It is the rocking finger timing I was thinking of. I have a gammil so it might be different but maybe it's something you could ask your dealer?

Zeba

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155
Snugglebug Quilter replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 7:16 PM | Locked

Well it's thr rockng finger timing that makes the clicking. The other timing doesn't make that sound. And adjusting your timing, while a pain in the rear, isn't really that scary. At least on mine. Can you talk to your dealer about it?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,018
Points 28,450
Ramona replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 7:17 PM | Locked

Snugglebug Quilter,

Great. I'll keep that in mind.  I have no idea how to approach that issue. I have a Gammill as well. Opt+. I would have to get with Gammill, the book or something for help.

Uh oh, I now have a go-to gal. Watch out!

Hugs and thank you!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155
Snugglebug Quilter replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 9:14 PM | Locked

Ramona if you go to www.thequiltingschool.com and join, there is an absolutely excellent section of videos by Rick Taylor on all kinds of maintenance and trouble shooting. That's how I was able to adjust my timing and found out about the rocking finger. It is indispensable   Have you been to the site?  I feel like I'm telling you things you already know and if so, sorry. I've seen the pics of your work, and you're great!  

Zeba

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,018
Points 28,450
Ramona replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 9:26 AM | Locked

Snugglebug Quilter,

I am registered with The Quilting School but not a paid member. I also have not been on their site to really check it out. I only registered with them but never went back and checked it out. Silly me.  Anyway, I did go there today and watched a couple of the free videos.  Thank you for reminding me about that site. I will certainly be checking it out much more often.  Only so much time in a day. I need to get those prorities straight. LOL

Thank you for your kind comments and all your help.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155
Snugglebug Quilter replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 9:57 AM | Locked

Morning Ramona.  I certainly understand.  I am always getting distracted.  Life is very busy.  My twin boys are 14 now and I'll be homeschooling for high school.  I'm a bit nervous about it but also excited.  I'm not sure how my quilting is going to work into everything I have going on, but it will somehow.  The thing that always seems to get set aside is my time to come online and participate with the discussions here and other places, and attending my guild meeting, all of which would help me grow my quilting business, which is still at a stand still because of my lack of commitment to making it grow.  Sometimes I wonder if I even want it to!  LOL  I kinda like just doing at a leisurely pace and keeing it for my "mental health break".  I enjoy doing the charity quilts for project Linus and Quilts of Valor.  Ah well, I'm rambling.  LOL  But hope the site helps you troubleshoot what is going on with your machine.  These problems can take it from a mental health break to a heart break so fast!!  :)

Zeba

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,018
Points 28,450
Ramona replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 11:40 AM | Locked

Snugglebug Quilter,

Whew! You are busy. Two boys, 14 y/o, what a handful and home schooling too.  I too, have considered a quilting business but have decided that I really like not having that much stress.  The leisurely pace and the mental health break is a big plus to me too. I do a quilt for someone a few times a year and that works for me. If I had one a week for pay, that would make it perfect. :-)  I'm putting on another quilt this morning and using different thread. I'm hoping that settles Martha Mae down a bit and keeps her running happy, which always makes me happy.  I may be on here screaming later if everything I've tried hasn't been the antidote.

Hope you have a great day.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,018
Points 28,450
Ramona replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 4:46 PM | Locked

Just thought I'd post this here too.

Doing the happy dance today with Martha Mae.  No more loops on the quilt!!!!  Yippie!!! Thank you again everyone for your advice. I don't know which one worked but I'm loop free today! and please Lord, help it stay that way.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 345
Points 5,995
PennyWyo replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 5:33 PM | Locked

I'm in a similar situation, Snugglbug.  Have a 15 year old and homeschooling highschool and doing freemotion longarm quilting.  My husband and son don't understand why I don't have spare time.  No need to be nervous, they do more and more alone from now on and you won't regret the opportunity.  Hardest part is the transcript, etc. if you do one. 

Glad you got your problem fixed, Ramona.  I have a Handiquilter sit down and while I have been doing freemotion quilting for several years with my sewing machine, I never expected the difficulties I encountered with a longarm.  I started out trying to use a different thread so I am going through your experiences, but backward.  I think I have encountered every possible thing trying to recover and learn and the same time.  Love those fil-tec magnaglide bobbins.  They put me back on the road to enjoying my quilting.

Penny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 6:45 PM | Locked

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Ramona,

You go girl....move them feet and shake that tushy!  I knew you could do it! Give Martha Mae a sloppy kiss smooch. Hehehehehe

Judylee

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:34 AM | Locked

I forgot to post the finished picture of "Sunshine n Water" a wedding quilt for Kate and David.  My sister and roommate picked up the quilt last weekend.  Dan handed me an envolope and said thanks for doing this.  We had a lovely visit and off they went to visit my other sister.  After they left I opended the envelope to find 15 $100.00 dollor bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I had taken pictures of every step of the quiltmakeing process and sent them to them.  My sisiter had them made into a book to present with the quilt.  I love how it turned out.  It is so nice to be appreciated.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 2:28 PM | Locked

Wow Elizabeth,

I think the quilt is wonderful and yes it is fantastic to be appreciated. But Honey You were Lavished with appreciation! LOL! 

Remember this gift when others show a lack of appreciation and disrespect for you talents1

Georgeous,

Judylee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 2:35 PM | Locked

Woo, hoo, Elizabeth!  I'll bet you're ready to go into this as a full-time business now!  Wow!

Your quilt is beautifully pieced and quilted!  Great colors & design.  I'm sure the newlyweds are going to be thrilled to showcase that quilt on their bed.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 3:00 PM | Locked

Judy Lee:
But Honey You were Lavished with appreciation! LOL! 

JudyLee you are RIGHT!!  I actually called my other sister, who also quilts and know Dan very well, and asked her what I should do.  I felt like I should give some of the money back.  She said Dan was so overwhelmed by my attention to detail and sending weekly pictures this is what he wanted to do.  She also added he has plenty of money and I should just smile and say thank you.  ThoughtIit was good advice so that's what I did :)

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 3:16 PM | Locked

Elizabeth,

You did the right thing!  Your attention to the building of the quilt parrallels to the building of lives together. It really meant something special to him and the gift was his way of showing it! He received something wonderful and he gave something equally special in return. You deserve your gift!

Judylee

Page 175 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 173 174 175 176 177 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use