Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 170 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 168 169 170 171 172 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,022
Points 28,515
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 9:52 AM | Locked

I'm just dropping by for a second. The friend that came in from Ohio brought 22 QUILTS with her so I am extremely busy. I have until Friday to get them finished and I am on number 9. I did one custom embroidery quilt which took me two days and most of the others are meandering. She had said she was bringing a few throws and a couple of baby quilts but her pile must of grown. I have done several queen and twin size with one wall hanging. Haven't seen the throws yet. :-) The one on the frame today is 96x112. I told her today that I can do two a day of the queens that are left and then we can do the 4 or 6 baby quilts she has and she can leave the two custom quilts that are left and I'll do them at my leisure after she leaves. She will probably be back the end of Sept. If not, I'll mail them to her. Better run....quilt a waiting.  Will share pictures next week.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,022
Points 28,515
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 9:55 AM | Locked

Now I have a question.....does anyone know the site for the bags that quilters use as weights on the quilts?? I was given it before but guess I didn't save it. I know I could make them any size but I thought I would at least check out the weight of them.

Thank you in advance.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,022
Points 28,515
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 12:06 PM | Locked

Sorry for so many posts here but I forgot to mention that all but the 3 custom quilts are flannel so heavy.  Whew! She's getting ready for the Ohio winters I guess. :-)

Please let me know if someone has the weights for quilts site.  Thanks again!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 2:35 PM | Locked

Hi Ramona,

I see you are definintely back into the swing of things. LOL!  The website that you are looking for is Sharon Schamber.  I made my weight bags by putting 2 cups of rice into the sleeve.  It was easy, I made it 15 inches longs and put 1/3rd of the rice in, sewed a seam at the 5 inch mark, then added 1/3rd more rice and the seamed it at 5 inches, and I bet you can guess what I did next!!!!!!!

It really works well for me. Keep up the good works and when do we see a few of these quilts?

Judylee

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,022
Points 28,515
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 5:07 PM | Locked

Judylee,

Thank you, thank you, thank  you!! I knew I could count on your for an answer. :-) I'm trying to come up with things to keep her busy so quilt weights it is.  I'll post after they leave. Too busy now LOL.

I hope you had a great vacation and hugs to you.

Thanks again.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,022
Points 28,515
Ramona replied on Sun, Aug 5 2012 5:30 PM | Locked

Judylee,

Sorry Judy.....15 inches long but how wide do we cut it? I'd rather do the one you did. Not sure I care for hers. Seems too heavy. We are using denim. Thanks again.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910
Cindy Stowe replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 3:16 PM | Locked

Well gang, been playing with Queenie. Here's a quilt from the UFO pile, Bali Stars. It's pattern was from Missouri Star, Jenny Doan, for their jelly roll star quilt. I didn't care for the way it came out, but after quilting it, I like it! Hope ya'll like it too!

Cindy Stowe

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:13 PM | Locked

Your are welcome Ramona,

I cut mine 5 inches wide.  When I am not using them for weights on my quilt, I am heating them for 1 minute on high in the microwave to soothe sore neck and shoulders. LOL!

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:15 PM | Locked

Cindy,

Wonderful job. I know you had fun at playtime today!  I really like the ribbons! The black makes the Bali fabric pop! No pun intended.  The stippling shows nicely and is so even! Ok What's Next?????

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:23 PM | Locked

By the way, I forgot to post the quilt that I finished today!

My first tumbling block using the AccuQuilt Go and I did not square up the sides. It was surprisingly easy to bind!

Judylee

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910
Cindy Stowe replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:35 PM | Locked

Judy,

Your tumbling blocks came out great! What's next?? Deep in the Heart of Texas...for show!

Cindy Stowe

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 245
eddie replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:36 PM | Locked

I have never used a long arm quilting machine but I am looking at used long arm quilting machines  any advise on what to watch for and how to check out a machine would be useful  Thank You

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,022
Points 28,515
Ramona replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 8:57 AM | Locked

Eddie,

You might find some interesting information here Quilts in the Attic - APQS Longarm Quilting Machines - Comparison Chart

It doesn't show all the machines but it'll give you a start at what to look for. Hope it helps.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,022
Points 28,515
Ramona replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 9:00 AM | Locked

Judylee,

Great quilt and love your quilting!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 12:55 PM | Locked

I am back from a wonderful vacation.  It is so hard to get back into work mode!!  I got back Sunday evening and spent yesterday catching up with laundry and unpacking all my new fabric.  LOTS of it.  Almost sad...  I did get a charity quilt on the frame yesterday just to reaquaint myself with Mabel.  She stills works pretty good!  I also put the binding on the wedding quilt I need for this Saturday.  I have one more quilt I need to quilt before Saturday that will go to a benefit auction.

I also made a cute apron yesterday from some fabric I purchased in Kalispell, MT.  I LOVED Glacier Quilt Shop.  Went there twice and spent about $300 in just that one shop.  Yikes!!!

• | Post Points: 50
Page 170 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 168 169 170 171 172 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use