Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 162 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 160 161 162 163 164 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 7:44 PM | Locked

Is the whole quilt felt or just the red.  I have never seen a felt quilt.  It looks cool.  Did you quilt on the red, too, or just the background?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 9:35 PM | Locked

Cindy, your quilt is beautiful! I love the red scroll work.  Doesn't it feel good to get it out of the UFO pile?! And, you got your frame fixed to boot!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Thu, Jul 5 2012 9:39 PM | Locked

Jeanine, I hope you liked the new patter.  Enjoy your family time this weekend :-)

Thanks, everyone, for the comments on my quilt. It was hard to go to work today knowing I could be home quilting! LOL

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910
Cindy Stowe replied on Fri, Jul 6 2012 4:46 AM | Locked

Jeanine,

The whole quilt top is felt, I used muslin for the back. I only quilted the cream, I wanted the red to stand out. I did a 1/4" outline around  the red to get it to pop, & it sure did! It was interesting to play with, a lot easier than I thought it would be. I see you're having fun with freehand. Looking good!

Cindy Stowe

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910
Cindy Stowe replied on Fri, Jul 6 2012 4:56 AM | Locked

Eileen,

Thanks! Yes, it does feel good to get them out of UFO status. When I made the move from sewing room to sewing studio, all the UFO's went into 2 piles - 1) finish piecing & 2) to be quilted. I'm going to try & keep at least one on the quilting side just as a practice piece. Right now I think I have 3 there.

What really makes me happy is that it appears I finally got the glitches out of the frame! Judy'll tell you I've had trouble with it since I got it. Now it runs like it's supposed to, smooth & even, & it doesn't feel like it's going to come apart any time soon either!  Now to divide my time between piecing & quilting!

Cindy Stowe

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Jul 6 2012 6:54 PM | Locked

Hi Cindy,

I finally finished Braden's Zoom-Zoom quilt with its goodie pocket!

The pocket is upside down because of the way that I folded it. It is so very soft. I am very very happy with this quilt. I found a little fire truck to put in the goodie pocket and it is shipping on Monday!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:40 PM | Locked

Judy Lee, this quilt is so cute!!  Can I steal the idea?  My grandson NEEDS one!!  I would probably use race cars but how cute!!  Great job.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,824
Points 43,844
Eileen replied on Fri, Jul 6 2012 9:48 PM | Locked

Judy Lee, your zoom zoom quilt is great! I bet Braden loves it and the surprise in the pocket.  I wish my nephews were younger but the youngest is headed to high school in the fall - this would've been a great quilt for any of them. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,737
Points 419,854
gini replied on Sat, Jul 7 2012 12:36 AM | Locked

Jeanine:
Is the whole quilt felt or just the red.

jeanine,   all of the  wool quilts i've seen and made are felt.   you felt the wool before you use it so it doesn't ravel   i have made a couple of wool quilts and have quilted several bags out of the wool felt.    they are really easy to work with.   i have even used an old wool sweater, felted first, for batting.  it was wonderful to work with, and i didn't have a bit of trouble quilting it.    i  use my domestic machine.  i love quilting wool quilts, there is more definition in the quilting itself.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Jul 7 2012 4:30 AM | Locked

Judy Lee:
I finally finished Braden's Zoom-Zoom quilt with its goodie pocket!

Really cute quilt, Judy Lee.  I bet Braden loved his fire truck surprised.  Great job!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Sat, Jul 7 2012 8:22 AM | Locked

Hi Jeanine,

I would be honored but the pattern and kit came from Keepsake Quilting. It was for a twin size but I needed it to be smaller for Braden.  The goodie pocket is my idea, on adult ladies quilts it is called the chocolate stash pocket and for children just a goodie pocket! If you want the pattern let me know!

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Sat, Jul 7 2012 8:24 AM | Locked

Braden was diagnosed with Stage IV High Risk Neuroblastoma in October of 2011. He is undergoing chemo at Cook Children's in Fort Worth. Braden is an amazing little fighter who has the biggest and best of all Healer's on his side. We are praising God through this storm in our lives and looking for a...
A picture and the rest of the story is on my FB page. Judy Lee
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:36 AM | Locked

Judy Lee:

Hi Jeanine,

I would be honored but the pattern and kit came from Keepsake Quilting. It was for a twin size but I needed it to be smaller for Braden.  The goodie pocket is my idea, on adult ladies quilts it is called the chocolate stash pocket and for children just a goodie pocket! If you want the pattern let me know!

Judylee

I would love the pattern.  I was just going to try to make it up but the pattern is better.  Love the pocket idea.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 9:37 AM | Locked

Judy Lee:

Braden was diagnosed with Stage IV High Risk Neuroblastoma in October of 2011. He is undergoing chemo at Cook Children's in Fort Worth. Braden is an amazing little fighter who has the biggest and best of all Healer's on his side. We are praising God through this storm in our lives and looking for a...
A picture and the rest of the story is on my FB page. Judy Lee

Thanks for sharing.  God is good...praying for Braden.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Sun, Jul 8 2012 2:08 PM | Locked

Jeanine,

I made 2 extra blocks, one was for a label and the other was for the pocket. I layered and quilted them both, bound them and then attached them to the quilt.  Friend me and I will scan a pattern file to send to you.

Judylee

Page 162 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 160 161 162 163 164 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use