Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 157 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 5:07 PM | Locked

Judylee,

You are way too funny but I'm having some of the same problem with the passwords. My computer went down a few weeks ago. Up and running now but I did lose all my passwords. I figured if I wrote them down, I would lose the sheet of paper so I stored them on the computer. Well, I thought where I had them there was no way to lose them. I was way wrong. So now it's trial and error and request and wait. I'm lucky to some extent, I had changed almost everything to within the range of two passwords.

Yes, we are certainly glad to be up here. It's dry and getting hot but no where near the stress and is certainly more laid back. I love being here with my machine and fabric. I was really going through withdrawals. LOL  We have been busy and in and out all weekend so, no, I haven't quilted yet. It is on the frame and the first tack down is done. I believe I have in mind the quilting I'm going to do on it.  I don't want to go overboard but I do want to do something besides the pantograph because of the embroideries. I think I'm down to meandering circles in the blocks. No SID on this one.  I don't want to run the price up too much. She has a lot in this quilt as it is. Went with a friend to Glasgow today to a HQ class I like to attend. Quilters there have all different machines. I learn a little something each time I go. It was fun to get out among quilters.

Hope you are doing well. I'll get a picture posted later in the week. I'm sure it'll take me that long to get this done. hehehehe Way out of practice.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,115
Points 29,745
Ramona replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 5:26 PM | Locked

Judylee,

One more thing.....so since I haven't started on the quilt, feel free to throw in some design possibilities. :-)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Mon, Jun 25 2012 7:41 PM | Locked

Hi Ramona,

You will be zipping along again in no time!  As far as ideas...I have a new favorite book to share!  Mastering the Art of Longarm quilting! It almost replaces Hooked on Feathers as my favorite!

I am having trouble getting the authors name to come up...her last name is Perkes.  There are some interesting ways to get the ideas out of you head and onto your quilt. It takes you from a beginner and builds to the master level so you can alway get new information. I think Amazon has them at the cheapest price.  Money really well spent.

Judylee

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 255
Mary Quilty replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 2:13 PM | Locked

Hi Jeanine, I'm not sure if I am replying to everyone, or just you.  I joined this club in April and am still learning how to navigate the site.  I purchased an Innova in December 2010.  It is 12 feet long, 18 inches deep, no computer.  I finally feel like I am getting a hold on the workings of the machine.  Needless to say, I bend the learning curve tremendously when tackling such a complicated machine, well to me complicated!!  I am pretty good at meandering and straight line quilting, but when following the quilting designs on paper with the laser light, well let's just say if you don't mind the swirly flower design looking like anemone, or the feather swirly design looking like a beached whale. then it looks great!  LOL  I don't know how much of a business I will get into with the machine, certainly I will need to work on making the designs look as they should.  What I think would be great if I met a fellow quilter who is interested in working with me, she can quilt on my machine, then we can work on a business together.  So, if I am posting this correctly, and there are any quilters in the Chicago land area interested in such an endeavor, please contact me and we could talk further.  Thanks Jeanine for starting this blog.  

Mary Quilty

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 9:42 PM | Locked

Mary - you are replying to everyone.  You would need to friend me (or whoever) by clicking on my name and asking to be friends.  Then you can send private messages.   I have a friend who just bought an Innova.   She is slowing getting up to speed with it.  Don't give up!  it isn't easy but will be worth it when you figure it out.  The pantographs can seem awkward at first but they get easier so just keep doing it.  Practice, practice, practice.  You will be amazed at how good you are in a year.

Lots to learn here so ask questions or share your work.  That's what we are here for!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 9:45 PM | Locked

I tried to post pictures a few days ago and they were rejected.  It was too much work to repost so I'll try it again.  I practiced a new design on a charity quilt so I could do it on a quilt my mom made for my dad that is done in all music fabrics.  He's a muscian.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 9:48 PM | Locked

Great job, Jeanine, you've become a real pro!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 9:53 PM | Locked

We also went to my GS's first birthday party a couple weekends ago.  Some pics...

Grover was his favorite present!

The quilt I made.  It was a cheater panel that my DH loved and wouldn't let me cut up so that made it easy!

Not too thrilled with the moustache theme.

But the rain that hit right after the party was over was great fun!!

The photo session for the 1 year pictures were just not what he wanted to do this day!!  But I love this picture!  It has more personality than a more posed shot.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,995
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 10:27 PM | Locked

Your quilt looks great! Did you pre mark for not quilting, or is preset in your machine?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,995
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 10:29 PM | Locked

oops forgot the 'e' in note.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 950
Bonnie Stonebraker replied on Wed, Jun 27 2012 11:38 PM | Locked

Jeanine, love the quilt. And what a little doll your grandson is! He's adorable.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,574
Points 51,665
Ginny replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 6:23 AM | Locked

Really cute pictures, Jeannine.  Love that last one.  It looks like 1 of 2 things is going on, either he is filling that diaper or he is having a really good teething session. LOL  Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 6:55 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Really cute pictures, Jeannine.  Love that last one.  It looks like 1 of 2 things is going on, either he is filling that diaper or he is having a really good teething session. LOL  Ginny

I think it was more like a total meltdown after all the birthday excitement.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 6:56 AM | Locked

ls2116:

Your quilt looks great! Did you pre mark for not quilting, or is preset in your machine?

I just used a pantograph...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Jun 28 2012 7:06 AM | Locked

Celebrating my 9th anniversary today. Hard to believe but when I think about all we have gone through together I am amazed we are still holding it together.  Marriage, blending families, fighting ex's over custody issues, two job layoffs, three kids weddings, issues with our two youngest, relocation to another state, built a new home, flood threat, grandson, aging parents...some good, some not, but all stressful.  God is in control and we hold on to Him together.  

• | Post Points: 65
Page 157 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use