Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 132 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 130 131 132 133 134 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 3:56 PM | Locked

Robin,

Congratulations on your new purchase. I can understand how hard it is to wait on it to get there. You'll be quilting away in no time.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 3:58 PM | Locked

Bonnie,

Great job on your quilt!!!! I love the rays coming out from the center of the block.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 4:02 PM | Locked

Vivian,

I know a lady who loads her flannel quilts upside down all the time. Myself, I would probably not do it that way. I like to see each block, sashing and borders to make sure I'm keeping the lines straight. That's just me. It'll quilt upside down or rightside up. Give it a go and see what you think.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 950
Bonnie Stonebraker replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 5:42 PM | Locked

Thanks all!

Karen, I was surprised by how much I enjoy working with rulers......lots of fun!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 950
Bonnie Stonebraker replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 5:44 PM | Locked

Granny M, I think it's fortunate that the thread I'm using blends so well, it's hard to see the hooked feathers.....but I love how they flow, and when I've doodled them, it doesn' t seem to matter how I do them.....they look fine!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 950
Bonnie Stonebraker replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 5:47 PM | Locked

Ramona, I knew when I saw this quilt that the rays would be perfect. I hesitated to quilt through the applique but was advised that it would help stabilize it and to quilt right through it. Sure enough, the one block convinced me that it was the right thing to do. I don't think outlining the applique and rays out from that would have looked as good. I'm excited to finish the quilt now! :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 6:24 PM | Locked

Bonnie,

It is a very nice quilt job you've done on this quilt and you are right about the outlining of the applique. I have stitched over appliques and I have gone around them.  Just depends on the look you want.  You have a good eye to know what to quilt where. Something I'm trying to learn. Seeing what others do on here is a great help. Now if I can just remember them. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 6:53 PM | Locked

Ramona you sound like me,     If I could only remembr.   In my case people have a choice, dumb blonde or senior moment, either way I can't seem to remember it all.  Thank goodness the boards are here to refer back to.

Granny M

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:06 PM | Locked

I did a little freehand meander...On a small charity quilt.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155
Snugglebug Quilter replied on Tue, May 1 2012 12:18 PM | Locked

I am attempting my first ever mystery quilt, the MQ6 this site is hosting.  I had good intentions, then forgot about it, then last Wednesday remembered it, so I spent Friday cutting and the weekend catching up.  Last night I completed the second part of it and it feels great!  I'm excited to see what this is going to look like, and I'm hoping the fabrics I used will work.  All of the fabric was from one Jelly Roll by Moda, so they all go together and I just chose a neutral for the background fabric.  Now I"m making 3 pillows for a client I made a t-shirt quilt for, then hopefully will have time to get on the long arm to work on a couple charity quilts I have.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Tue, May 1 2012 4:57 PM | Locked

Judy Lee:
I can't make out what you used in the tan areas, What did you use?

It is feathered I am going to take a picture of the back as I am pretty proud of those free motion feathers.   Yes I know pride goes before the fall, but I have really worked at doing feathers.   There is long wavy feathers surrounding a feather heart.  I am off to take another picture.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Tue, May 1 2012 5:26 PM | Locked

Judy here are three pictures of the back,  feathers still do not show well.    But we all try to have things blend in, so I can't complain when it does. can I

Granny M

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Tue, May 1 2012 6:28 PM | Locked

Wow Jeanine,

You did great! How did it feel to you?  I get going and before I know it I am done.  I guess is why they call it in the ZONE! LOL!  Looks great!

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Tue, May 1 2012 6:30 PM | Locked

GREAT JOB!  You really did very good, the feathers are balanced and you filled you spaces really well. Nice work.

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Tue, May 1 2012 6:48 PM | Locked

Hi Snugglebug,

You are making a lot of progress. I am so jealous! My husband has been home for over 3 1/2 weeks and I  can't get anything done. It is like have a child around all the time.  I need a break and please send me to my room! LOL!!!!

Are you thinking of how you might quilt you mystery quilt. It is funny how most of us do and the design changes as our quilts grow!

exciting!

Judylee

Page 132 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 130 131 132 133 134 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use