Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 122 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 120 121 122 123 124 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 3:56 PM | Locked

Judylee,

What a great eye you have for picking patterns for your quilts. Beautiful job on this SnW. How did you do those circles? Such a great job

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:23 PM | Locked

Hi Ramona,

I have a set of nesting cicles from 1 inch to 12 inch and I use them when the quilt that I am working on is wonky.  Thanks for the compliment! I choose what ever pattern that is kind of the opposite to the quilt, I guess!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 10:03 PM | Locked

Judylee,

Those circles are great. Again, you did a wonderful job on this quilt. The circles look really neat with that quilt pattern.  The curves hit in just the right places.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 1:34 PM | Locked

Judy Lee:

I just finished my clients's stack and whack and had a fairly rough time with it. My Client is ill and did her best. The borders did a staduim wave and lots of seams didn't match up. I finally made them all lay down and behave, LOL!

You did a great job on this quilt.  Love the ruler work   I am still trying to get comfortable with mine.  More practice needed.

Jeanine:  you will have to show us a sample of those fishy feathers when you get back.

I just finished a client's quilt and one for hospice.   Not much fancy work on them. 

Everyone have a great day

Granny M

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 7:05 PM | Locked

Thank you, Granny M,

I love the nested circles but they are a lot of work if you are unable to follow a seam from circle to circle, you have to cut and tie off after each circle.  The Circles allow you to choose a design that will hold done puckers and distract you from wonky seams, LOL!  I have nested Ovals on my wish list!  I think that the ovals would open a whole new area of design and possiblities!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 10:14 PM | Locked

I was somewhat disappointed with the Fishy Feathers class.  It was a lot like the Hooked on Feathers idea.  Probably if we hadn't been talking about that, it would have been better.  Here is a picture of the back of one of the instructors quilts so you can see the idea.  My practice pieces were not worth photographing!  It was good to practice it and talk through the process.  I'm not sure if you will see anything from me soon.  I have so many other things that are a higher priority.  But it was fun to get away and play for a few hours.  Got back to my monthly quilt day to power going out and I ended up sending everyone home early.  One of my friends drove up from KC for quilt day and stayed an extra day to avoid the tornados.  We were safe but lots of power outages in the area.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 315
Points 7,375
Georgia replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 10:30 PM | Locked

Jeanine -- I have never gotten to take a class on feathers... I'm jealous.  I am however a huge Hooked on Feathers fanatic!  It's the best book I ever purchased.  I started out just doodling in my paint program.  I have a laptop with a touchscreen and pen so it was so much fun practicing.  Now I make pretty darn good hooked feathers and I've taken the whole concept in my own directions.  I've started combining hooked feathers and McTavishing.  My results look rather impressive if I do say so myself.  I just moved about three weeks ago and still haven't finished unpacking but when I come across some of my practice pieces I'll take some pics and post them. 

Keep hooking those feathers!  It's so liberating once you relax and let go.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 10:57 PM | Locked

Would love to see pictures, Georgia.  I can't wait to have time to play more with my feathers.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Apr 16 2012 11:08 PM | Locked

Are there any left handed quilters out there? I have a friend that bought an abm innova or something close to that.  She is a lefty and was at the back doing a panto from left to right.  I thought that was backwards but I am right handed.  Do you need to make modifications for left hand?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 7:16 PM | Locked

Hi Jeanine,

You are right it is a whole lot like the hooked on feathers. They are pretty but I think they look more serpentine that fishy, LOL!

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 7:21 PM | Locked

Hi Jeanine,

I have 2 friends that I work with longarming with, one on a Gammill and the other on a Crown Jewel. It is funny both were left handed!   I found out that a lefty really does have to start from the opposite of a right to be able to see where they are driving. I didn't have to add anything to their machines and practice made it easy, just as if they were a righty

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Tue, Apr 17 2012 11:29 PM | Locked

Judy Lee:

Hi Jeanine,

I have 2 friends that I work with longarming with, one on a Gammill and the other on a Crown Jewel. It is funny both were left handed!   I found out that a lefty really does have to start from the opposite of a right to be able to see where they are driving. I didn't have to add anything to their machines and practice made it easy, just as if they were a righty

Judylee

I have not heard anything about leftys and longarms...maybe that should be a new thread... 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 9:15 AM | Locked

I must be odd, I quilt back and forth from one side to the other.  Left or right wouldn't matter from what I can see.  I do free motion, though, I have never done a pantograph.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 9:25 AM | Locked

Hi Jeanine,

You may be right! My friend, Cindy Stowe, has recently joined QCA and probably would like the lefty thing but It would be nice to get their prospective on longarming and quilting in general.

Since the surgery on my right arm, I have a whole new respect!

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Wed, Apr 18 2012 9:26 AM | Locked

Hi Vivian,

It was the same for me when I could not use my right arm!

Judylee

Page 122 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 120 121 122 123 124 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use