Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 121 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 119 120 121 122 123 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 6:53 PM | Locked

Bonnie Stonebraker:

Jeanine, it's beautiful! Guess I'm going to have to give pantos another try...I prefer being at the front of the machine  but may have to give some of my pantos a second try!

I really think pantos are the way to go for a great looking quilt for beginner longarmers.  I still like to play around with some custom stuff from the front but I feel much more successful with the pantos for now.  I would never market myself for doing any custom work!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 6:58 PM | Locked

Vivian :
now I am consentrating on getting them done

That is my motivation most of the time.  I am a "getter done" kind of a person.  I have to force myself to slow down and learn something new or practice something more complicated.  And most quilts are just going to be used and doesn't necessarily lend itself for spending too much time on the quilting.  Choose your battles...I mean your quilts...that you want to devote more time on.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 950
Bonnie Stonebraker replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 10:57 PM | Locked

I have to share my quilt for me that I've been working on lately...I finished assembly of the top this evening....just need border fabric and I'll peruse the Civil War repro selection at my local quilt shop tomorrow.....The bulk of the assembly is done! The sashing is a black small paisley that I wish I had more of....unfortunately Bonnie Blue doesn't sell their fabric anymore.....bummer! Once I get my borders on then I get to decide how to quilt it! :)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, Apr 11 2012 11:01 PM | Locked

Very nice, Bonnie.  Can't wait to see the quilting on it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 8:37 AM | Locked

Bonnie,

What a wonderful quilt! Sorry your local shop didn't have the fabric you wanted. Maybe you could do an online search to find what you need.  My husband would love a civil war quilt. I have purchased some fabrics to get me started and there is the probelm....getting started.  It's on the list of QTD(quilts to do). The list gets longer and longer but it's always good to have goals and a to-do list, right? That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 9:21 AM | Locked

That's a really beautiful quilt!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 9:37 AM | Locked

Jeanine you do such beautiful work.  

I also broke down and ordered the Hooked on Feathers.  Also ordered the CD that shows how to do it.  I can't wait to get these, and of course I go wild with ordered so got the twisted book as well.  I have a client quilt on the frame right now, a rail fence.  She just wants an all over large stipple so it shouldn't take long to get it quilted.   I have another one to do after that.  The delivery date for the books is not til May 1, so I should be able to get  some practice in.

Have a great day everyone,  love, love, love the beautiful quilts.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 1:03 PM | Locked

Bonnie, your Underground Railway is one of my UFO's.  Half done and I haven't had time to work on it for a while.  I have a retreat this weekend so maybe you have inspired me to dig it out and not start something new (and get half finished!!)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 1:54 PM | Locked

Hi Bonnie,

BEAUTIFUL!  I really like the colors and the blocks that you chose. Great Job!!!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 4:33 PM | Locked

Jeanine:
Choose your battles

That's pretty much my battle cry these days.  Pick and choose where you want to expend energy fighting.  Mostly I just lay down with a book or magazine and let it flow over. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Apr 12 2012 5:41 PM | Locked

Heading down to load another quilt.  I have company coming in tonight for quilt day Saturday and would like to get started at least with this one before I have to play hostess for the next three days.  She is good help with setting up quilt day at least so it is all good!  Busy weekend.  I am also taking a Longarm class called fishy feathers.  I will let you know how that goes!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

Jeanine:
Busy weekend.  I am also taking a Longarm class called fishy feathers.  I will let you know how that goes!

I get tired just reading all that you do.  I can't keep up with my "want to's"     Have a good weekend

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 10:37 AM | Locked

Granny M:
I get tired just reading all that you do.

I think I am wearing down, too!  A friend came up from KC last night and we stayed up until 12:30 talking.  Am running on low fumes today.  Then I need to load up my SUV and go set up for quilt day tomorrow, finish a customer quilt, play hostess (although my friend understand my life and is a good support), and then hope that Saturday runs smooth with my class and quilt day.  I reserve Saturday evenings after quilt day to totally crash.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 2:28 PM | Locked

Hi Jeanine,

Fishy Feathers, hmmmmmmmmmm!  I think you will definitely have to explain that one! LOL!

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Apr 13 2012 2:48 PM | Locked

Hi Everyone,

I just finished my clients's stack and whack and had a fairly rough time with it. My Client is ill and did her best. The borders did a staduim wave and lots of seams didn't match up. I finally made them all lay down and behave, LOL!

Page 121 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 119 120 121 122 123 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use