Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 117 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 115 116 117 118 119 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 8:15 AM | Locked

Just ordered my book.  Watch out, feathers, here I come.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 11:59 AM | Locked

Hi Ramona,

OH,Yes, my hand is hurty!  I could not have done them so quickly if I didn't have the RED SNAPPER system.  It took me only 5-10 minutes to load each of them. Boy am I glad that I purchased them. I have only 3 more of the Quilt For Kids quilts to go and then I will be limbered up enough to quilt my client's quilt. I was afraid to work on it because I did not have the fine motor skills back from the surgery. I think I will be able to work on it as long as I take my time.

How's you foot doing?  Are you up and walking on it yet? Last we spoke you were able to put a small amount of weight on it.

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 2:39 PM | Locked

Judylee,

Goodness that last e-mail I sent you was on the 19th. Time flies. Yes, foot is doing much better. Still some swelling and nerves act up a bit but coming along nicely. Still in the boot and will be at least until April 16. I am putting weight on it and walking fairly well. Another week and I can do an hour or so in a shoe every day. Hope those nerves are better by then. I know it takes a while for them to settle down. Elderly parents are now my biggest issue.  I had thought about trying to figure out a time we could get together and now my parents are having problems so I have to work that out. Also, my vehicle is in the shop with preventative maintenance repairs being done.

I can't imagine how your hand must ache at the end of the day.Is your hand coming along well though?  I'll have about 15 quilts to do when we get back up to KY. Friends are coming in May and she is bringing the quilts with her and I have one baby quilt to do first thing for a daughter's friend. They are staying a week and I don't think I can get of hers done. I believe they are all queen size and down. Told her she could quilt a couple of the baby quilts but she's not crazy about quilting, just piecing.  She doesn't pay me but she does help with other projects I might have. She also chips in for the thread and this time has purchased $100. of  fabric for me.

That Snapper system sounds wonderful. I've said on here before that I've seen them demostrated at an HQ meeting I go to in KY. Some loved them. I wasn't really drawn towards them as the demostration wasn't put on very well. The demo lady had a difficult time with them. She was, of course, using the HQ leaders which are thinner than my canvas, leaders and she had a hard time getting them on the leaders. I figured I would never get them on mine.  Maybe it was her first demo and she was nervous. But I have heard of others, like you, who absolutely love them. Makes loading a breeze and saves a lot of time. Especially good for those with arthritis, carpal tunnel, etc.

Your motor skills will come.  You're really a great quilter. I love your work. After doing all those quilts you've had some really good therapy. I just hope you're not trying to do too much too soon. I know you don't want to do this again. You've been down this road before but, I believe you said, this time the surgery was more intense. How is your other procedure coming along?

Take care and hugs,

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 4:52 PM | Locked

HI Ramona,

Glad to hear that you foot is healing, hate those pesky stubborn nerves. Maybe they will calm down really soon.  Sorry to hear about your parents, it is so hard to see them wih problems. Hopefully they will iprove as well, I will put them on my list for prayers.

I don't think that I would have been able to do all the quilts without the Red Snappers.  I think that it would have been way to hard trying to pins them all and get them all straight. I have done too much with my hand, like laundry , grooming pups, cooking and dishes.  i decided that if I was going to do something that was going to hurt then It had better be quilting before I go nuts.

My left elbow and wrist have healed very well and I wear braces to protect them when I work outside. As far as the dental surgery, Stitches were removed last week. On Wednesday they will be cutting open the implant area and stitching that area again. Then I have to wait 3 months before they put the posts in.  I am not so sure that this implant thing was such a good idea right now! LOL! Ask me in 4 months!

I am planning to finish the last 2 QFK quilts tomorrow. I worked in the yard and am too tired to do them today. Thank God, I do not bind the quilts, that is for the other ladies to do!!!!!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 7:29 PM | Locked

Judylee,

Boy, you wear me out with everything you do! I feel so lazy listening to all you do. I'm still trying to get some strength back. I seem to have very little stamina compared to you. Maybe it's because my machine and fabric aren't here and I have no motivation.

That was a lot of surgery to go through so quickly. I do feel for you. A lot of pain so close together. Dental surgery has to be horrible.  Will say prayers for you and you're right, 4 mths down the road hopefully you'll see it differently.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 7:37 PM | Locked

Judylee,

I also meant to say that I know you'll be glad to be caught up on the QFK quilts. You are a good person to do these. Those kids will absolutely love to cuddle with them. As far as binding goes, I love to do the binding. That is the ONLY hand work I will do. LOL I hope and pray my eyes and hands hold up for years to come.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 8:01 PM | Locked

Tried the vertical lines quilting on this baby quilt.  I like it!  It is easy to do but didn't like having to restart the thread on every row.  I suppose I could have just dropped down and come back the opposite direction but I didn't. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 8:10 PM | Locked

Jeanine,

What a great idea to do this on a baby quilt. I am certainly going to keep that one in mind. I assume it did it with the channel lock on and not with a ruler?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 8:54 PM | Locked

Hi Qwkslver!  I have an HQ16 without stitch regulator.  I'm getting better at self-regulating my speed so my stitches are more even.  You have the "Sweet 16" - that's the sit-down frameless model, isn't it?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 8:55 PM | Locked

Jeanine

That looks really great.  Love the look of the lines.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 31 2012 8:59 PM | Locked

Ramona:
I assume you did it with the channel lock on and not with a ruler?

When you say it was easy, Jeanine, then I think Ramona may be right.  I certainly can't do lines that straight and that evenly placed with my rulers on my machine's little table top.

As far as starting rows over, I stitch off the edge of the quilt at the end of a row, come down outside the border to the next row's starting point and then sew my way back across in the other direction.  Stitching off is easier than dropping down within the 1/4 inch seam allowance.  Yes, I cut off that extra stitching when I'm trimming by batting and backing, but I'm going to be attaching the binding very soon anyway, so I don't worry about the stitching coming loose.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 1:28 AM | Locked

Yes, I used the channel lock.  I will be playing around with that more.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:33 AM | Locked

Ramona,

I am sure that I will heal and be happy that I did the implants justnot right now. LOL! I feel for you, I want to sew all the time and be creative.  My memory is actually rebuilding and I can retain what I have been learning and make pretty, useful things while I am at it. 

Drawing the Feathers should help on your creative side but not the completion side. I am sure that when you get home, hubby is going to have to chase you out of your sewing room! LOL!

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:37 AM | Locked

Jeanine,

That linear design is pleasing to the eye! I was planning to  do one linear and backed out because I thought that it would be to plain. Now I think simplicity is a better word for it. I will try it. Great job!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, Apr 1 2012 8:27 AM | Locked

I have seen the lines on many modern quilts.  Simple and minimal seems to be the new trend and what will probably be what this time period will be known for.

Page 117 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 115 116 117 118 119 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use