Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 114 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 112 113 114 115 116 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Mar 26 2012 10:43 PM | Locked

Ginny,

You are an encouragement! I hope to be quilting up to my last breath...whenever that might be.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,645
Points 52,535
Ginny replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 11:30 AM | Locked

You go Girl!  In case you don't realize it you are my inspiration to keep going, trying to accomplish 1/4 of what you do.  Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 5:32 PM | Locked

I need to get at least 3 quilts quilted this week.  two are smaller than a twin and one is a large tshirt quilt but I am just doing a meander on it so it should go fast.  I am also trying to design a baby quilt and can't find the time to do that.  I will set apart maybe Sunday for that.  I can tell I will have to master the art of planning and organization better.  And I used to think I was organized!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 5:41 PM | Locked

Good evening Jeanine,

I think that being organized is the hardest part of longarming.  There are so many pieces and parts that go into the business and art of long arm quilting.  I think if we share our information as we do here at QCA,  we are way a head of the game.  I am trying to organize unfortunately long past when I should have. LOL!

Judylee

My stash has out grown me! :)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 6:05 PM | Locked

True, JudyLee.  Any suggestions would be welcome.  I know it is easier to quilt a quilt if I prepared and loaded the quilt the day before and quilt the next.  I did break down and bought a Franklin planner for 2012.  I used to use one all the time but with all the available technology it didn't seem to make sense.  But for this, I love having everything in one place.  I can plan what to do and make notes of stuff and know I have it all in one place and not on many sticky notes, calendars, ipads, laptops, etc.  I'm old school!  I'm trying to simplify and standardize...and focus.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Tue, Mar 27 2012 6:47 PM | Locked

Jeanine,

You are way ahead of me there! I am going to get the software but getting all y inventory in there will be quite the eye opener.  Inventory storage and arrangement is my hardest issue!  I have stock in 3 different rooms and I am wanting to consolidate it all into 1 room.  My friends say "Good luck with that" LOL!

Maybe when I get a few more quilts sold and a few more made, It will help make a little more room.

Juydlee

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 30
Amy Bouchard replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 4:58 PM | Locked

How do you like the PantoVision?  I have been trying to get more info on what people think about it before I put out the $$$.  Looks like a wonderful product and I will need to call to make sure it can go on my Gammill Vision 22 (it should since I have stitch regulator).  Thanks, Amy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 26,945
Elizabeth replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 5:24 PM | Locked

Here is my efforts from Hooked on Feathers, I love the tecnique!!!!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 6:03 PM | Locked

Hi Elizabeth,

Wow! Very nice job.  You have been practicing again, LOL!

Judylee

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 26,945
Elizabeth replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 6:23 PM | Locked

Judy Lee:
Wow! Very nice job.  You have been practicing again, LOL!

Judylee this is sooooo easy.  i did not even practice this is my first try.  To make it easy I am just doing the border using the sean as the spine as suggested in the book..  This quilt is made by my sister.  The next one to go on the frame is also my sisters.  She is giving me her quilts to practice on and it has sure helped.  Got tension all worked out.  Have been using groovy boards in the middle and free handing the borders.  Next quilt, which is small I will be doing all free hand

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 6:51 PM | Locked

Elizabeth,

I am so happy for you ! Your feathers look very nice and even.  I will get to start longarming again in a week or so, so there is a lot of warming up to do.  I think that I will start with loops and beads and then feathers.  Your skills are improving so much and your sister is awesome for letting you practice.  Hey she gets a finished quilt though , LOL!

Judylee

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 26,945
Elizabeth replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 7:58 PM | Locked

I am having surgery on April 6th and wanted to get these two quilts done cause I will be down for the count for 6 weeks.  Thanks for posting about Hooked on Feathers it is fantastic.  LOVE IT.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, Mar 28 2012 10:33 PM | Locked

Judy Lee:

Jeanine,

You are way ahead of me there! I am going to get the software but getting all y inventory in there will be quite the eye opener.  Inventory storage and arrangement is my hardest issue!  I have stock in 3 different rooms and I am wanting to consolidate it all into 1 room.  My friends say "Good luck with that" LOL!

Maybe when I get a few more quilts sold and a few more made, It will help make a little more room.

Juydlee

I found that I needed to group my stuff for what I use it for.  Longarm thread, pantos, batting in one room, fabric and batting, etc. for quilt ministry together, private stash in a totally separate area.  Sort of like stations at kindegarten.  I have that step pretty good.  Now to get all my stations organized.  Start with a big plan and work down.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 950
Bonnie Stonebraker replied on Thu, Mar 29 2012 12:08 AM | Locked

Hi Gini, sorry I didn't get back to answer your question before now. I don't believe they do give lessons for machine quilting on a domestic machine....I can do some checking tho and let you know.

God bless,

Bonnie

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Mar 29 2012 12:36 PM | Locked

I will have to look into the Hooked on Feathers.  Feathers scare me.

Page 114 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 112 113 114 115 116 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use