Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 100 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 2:24 PM | Locked

vivian, we can be ticky-tacky together, becasue i've never had any couth.  

your feathers are worth bragging about, they are beautiful.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 2:32 PM | Locked

Vivian - great job on the feathers.  I want to be able to do that!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 2:53 PM | Locked

Vivian,

Please, please teach me how to do these!!!! Just beautiful!! You've done such a great job. I hope I can come close to your feathers some day.  Can't say enough about how nice this quilt looks.  Thanks for sharing.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 2:56 PM | Locked

Vivian,

I wanted to ask if you would post a picture of what you did in the blocks of the quilt?

Thank you

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 2:57 PM | Locked

Judylee,

How did your pre-op go today? Are you feeling better?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 525
Deloris replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 3:19 PM | Locked

Hi Jeanine and all. Just ordered the APQS Lenni w/12 ft table. A friend and myself are going to play for a while and try to learn how to quilt on it. I have never done this before. I am from Iowa also, but south central. I am hoping to learn LOTS of things from all of you experienced quilters out there. Thanks in advance for all the information I know I will be getting from this fantastic group.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 3:27 PM | Locked

Deloris,

Welcome to the site. This is a great place to gather good information and ideas. Congratulations on your recent purchase and enjoy the quilting learning process. Realize there is a lot to learn and be patient with yourself. Quilting is so much fun. I learn something new with each quilt. Quilters here are glad to answer any question so don't be afraid to jump in. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects and it won't be long and we'll be learning from you! Are you going to be quilting as a business or is it for friends and family for now?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 3:46 PM | Locked

Just when I'm feeling cocky and puffy about what I do, someone shows me a quilt that takes my breath away.  I dropped Cathies quilt off and she had another one there that was given to her to finish by another friend.  her mother had passed and this quilt was in the house.  It needs a binding but the feathers are breathtaking.  I can actually find where they start and can trace the progress and that thrills me more than anything!!!  If I can see how its done, there is a chance I can DO IT!!

I am taking the quilt home and I'm going to study it and maybe  (big maybe)  I can use it on the quilt i have on the frame now.  Photos later.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 3:47 PM | Locked

Ramona:
I wanted to ask if you would post a picture of what you did in the blocks of the quilt

I wasn't as thrilled with the blocks as the sashing.  It was a simple circular pattern as Cathie had done such nice work with the BOM.  It really won't photo well but I'll give it a whirl.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 4:02 PM | Locked

Vivian,

Yes, please upload a picture. Ideas, ideas, ideas for me, if you don't mind. :-)  Thank you!!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,010
Charlotte Casey replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 7:29 PM | Locked

Really lovely!!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,010
Charlotte Casey replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 7:29 PM | Locked

Really lovely!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 7:37 PM | Locked

Vivian :

Maybe you could show me?? what is a spider?

Sorry I did not answer sooner.  Have been off line several days.    A spider is a square of scrap material that you sew first when starting a seam.  All the tangles are then on the spider and not the beginning or your seam.   After using for awhile, it looks like a spider with all the long tails hanging off.   When it gets to "sewed", you just get another scrap.  sure keeps the mess off the seams.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 7:47 PM | Locked

my laser is mounted on the left, and I find myself using two hands, I have a problem in trying to do with just the right hand.  It is just not natural to me.   I am having the same problem in practice with the rulers I just got.  My start/stop button is on the right arm,  So if I am holding the ruler with the right hand it is hard to start the machine and then get my hand in position on the ruler.   Maybe I can hit the start button with my nose, but thought that might be a little tacky.

Granny M

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 7:47 PM | Locked

JudyLee, best wishes for you on Friday! I sure hope you can get out with your friend on Saturday but don't over do it :-)

Vivian, no tackiness - your feathers are just lovely! Can you do all mine for me?! LOL

Page 100 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 98 99 100 101 102 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use