Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 90 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 88 89 90 91 92 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 2:31 PM | Locked

RamonaC:
The place we bought to retire in KY doesn't get that much snow or bad weather
  Where in KY is your retirement place?  I thought my area was the only part of KY like that.  the hills protect us and most storms go above or below us.  But watch ou if it crosses the hill, it tends to bounce back and forth before it moves on to W. Virginia.   Hope you are getting better.

Granny M

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 2:32 PM | Locked

We haven't had a lot of snow this winter and what we did get was here and gone around Christmas so I was a (pleasant) suprise to see a lovely snowfall this morning when I went to work.  Some obviously didn't think to much of it as I followed one little car up the hill and they were doing 60km/h VERY slow.  Those front wheel drive cars are excellent in the snow.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 2:44 PM | Locked

I grew up in Michigan and thought I was totally comfortable in driving in all kinds of conditions.  But, when I moved here to KY there was not the snow removal equiptment we have now.  When I-64 was built counties had to improve as they were expected to keep thier part of the freeway open.  That said, you have not lived til you get on top of one of our hills and realize that now you have to go down and there is no other way to go.   Some of our roads are pretty narrow as well.  It made an adrenlene junkie out of me.   When I worked at the hospital, the state police or national guard would gather the nurses and take us to work.  BUT they would not bring us home, we were expected to stay until the roads were clear enough for family to get us.   Talk about 24 hour shifts!   This year we have have a really mild winter. It has snowed maybe twice, and melted within the next 2 days.   Hasn't been cold until this past weekend.  Then it went to 10 degrees with snow.  the nice thing about being retired, I stayed home and watched the snow fall.  LOL

Granny M

PS  vivian did you get your tension fixed?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 4:29 PM | Locked

UPS just arrived and picked up my Fun Quilter to send it to the factory for repair, I sure hope it come back quick.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,515
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 4:31 PM | Locked

Spud

I will be hoping with you.  It is no fun to send our "babies" to the drs.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 4:33 PM | Locked

Thanks Nana. If it had to happen this was probably a good time, my daughter is here from Georgia and I would not have gotten anything done on the quilt frame anyway, too many kids :)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 16,150
Judy Lee replied on Mon, Feb 13 2012 6:37 PM | Locked

Oh Spuds, We will all pray for your baby!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Feb 14 2012 9:53 AM | Locked

Soooo, here is the next chapter in the continuing saga of the snake quilt.  After putting it off for months I finally had the top assembled and borders put on and loaded on the longarm to quilt.  Things went swimminly until I got a thread caught in the hook and had to take it to get fixed.  two rows from the end.  While it was at the doctors, I had the service done and the needle changed (never done it may have to learn soon) However, when the machine was reinstalled on the frame and the quilt loaded, the tension was off and it took a week of "fill in" time  and one emergency call to a quilty friend to get back on the straight and narrow.  I am still not happy with the tension but it works so I can get this quilt done.  So, I am quilting away, ,little bells are ringing in the back of my head, and I can't find a reason.  I check this, I check that and as I get closer to the bottom of the quilt, I see that I am going to run out of backing before I run out of quilt.  *****Sigh****  Now I have to unload the quilt and add an extension and reload again. 

I am 100% Convinced that this is Gods way of teaching me patience and perserverance.  If the quilt was for anyone but my grandson, It would be in the garbage by now.  I simply cannot do anything right with this one. 

I am praying for divine intervention on this one.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Points 2,005
abcquilting@yahoo.com replied on Tue, Feb 14 2012 10:53 AM | Locked

I agree with you Eileen. I have learn so many tips from this forum. I just learned today how to get on the forum and it is wonderful. I am a bit behind on the reading but I am so glad to be here. I love longarm quilting although I need to spend more time practicing. In fact today I am going to get some material for the practice backing and load it on the machine tonight and get started back on the practice routine. I had surgery the end of Dec and then  a reaction to some medicine and I was shaking so hard I couldn't get near the machine. Now things are looking up and I am anxious to get back to work. I will be following this thread much more closely instead of just reading the emails. Bettie

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Tue, Feb 14 2012 11:05 AM | Locked

Vivian, I'm sorry that snake quilt has been involved with so much grief! You should receive an award when you finally complete it!

Keep at it!  And post a photo when it's done so we can ooh and ahh and make you feel glad you stuck with it and not let it become a UFO. That's what many of us would have done.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Tue, Feb 14 2012 12:52 PM | Locked

Granny M,

We are in south central KY. Between Glasgow and Monticello in a little town called Burkesville. Where are  you?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Tue, Feb 14 2012 1:04 PM | Locked

Vivian,

A challenage quilt for sure. I know your grandson is going to absolutely LOVE the quilt. It just makes it more special when you give it to him. You hang in there and don't think for a second that all of us haven't had a quilt that we will just love it... when it's done. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Feb 14 2012 2:43 PM | Locked

Vivian :
I am praying for divine intervention on this one.

I know it will all come together, sometimes you just need to step back and take a deep breath. (((HUGS)))

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Feb 14 2012 2:44 PM | Locked

Judy Lee:

Oh Spuds, We will all pray for your baby!

Judylee

Thanks Judy Lee, they said it would not take too long to fix it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 16,150
Judy Lee replied on Tue, Feb 14 2012 4:01 PM | Locked

Oh Vivian,

You have my sympathies! I pray that it is over SOON.

Juydlee

Page 90 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 88 89 90 91 92 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use