Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 88 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 86 87 88 89 90 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 5:26 PM | Locked

Judy Lee:
super gooder

super gooder is better than gooder, right?  LOL  Cute.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,093
Points 29,530
Ramona replied on Thu, Feb 9 2012 7:43 PM | Locked

Hi all,

Just thought I'd drop in for a minute while I'm still sitting here with my foot healing and see how everyone is doing.

Judy Lee and Vivian, what fantastic jobs you are doing. I'm amazed how much talent there is here. Everyone does such beautiful work.

Vivian, I am so sorry to hear of your husband's family member passing.

I'll check back a little later. You guys are just wonderful and I love seeing all the hard, beautiful work you're doing.  You are all making me miss being able to quilt.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 11:37 AM | Locked

I am such a wienie.  I take to so long to get started with a quilting project (out of fear that it won't go well and my friend will be dissapointed and won't  tell me , which makes it worse) that I don't actually get much quilting time in.  Yes, I am dissapointed with some of the work I do, yes I would like to pick some of it out, but won't take the time, yes people seem to be pleased with my work and bring me more.  Maybe they are easy to please and I'm not?

things to work on this week end. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 3:04 PM | Locked

Ramona, it seems this would be a great place to hang out while your foot is healing.  Can you walk on it yet?

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,093
Points 29,530
Ramona replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 3:58 PM | Locked

Jeanine,

What a great job you are doing! Keep up the good work.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,093
Points 29,530
Ramona replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 4:11 PM | Locked

Gini,

You're sweet for asking. No, not able to walk on it yet. I'm going stir crazy sitting around. Go to the doctor on the 20th to have the pin pulled a little. Then another 2 wks before they pull it completely out. All my fabric, etc is up north and hubby won't let me do anything. We don't want to mess all this work up the doctor has done and I CERTAINLY don't want to go through this again. So, I'm just sitting around trying to be good and get healed up. Gives me a litte fix to get on here and see what everyone is working on. 

When I get back north I have 5 or 6 quilts waiting to be quilted. Looking forward to it for sure. How are things going in North Idaho?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 4:21 PM | Locked

Hey, all Longarmers - probably a stupid question but how do you know if your machine is out of timing? I let my niece quilt her first quilt on my longarm last weekend - she was about 3/4 done and I had basted down the right side of the quilt, brought the machine back to the left and basted it.  I pulled up the threads for her to start quilting from the back of the machine on a circle lord board pattern.  She said it felt different and wasn't real easy to move.  Stopped the machine and neither one of us checked the channel lock.  It must have been partially off but enough to make the machine drag.  She started up again and wham, the broken needle.  Then we realized why that happened.  DUH!  Found the tip (thank goodness) and put in a new needle.  She finished that row and there was a popping sound as the needle went in the fabric.  Changed the needle again and the first one I put  in was a bit blunted on the end and it was brand new out of the needle container.  She finished the quilt with no other problems but I haven't used it since.

The machine sounded okay and the stitch was good so is there anything to worry about it being out of timing.  Any information on this topic will be appreciated.

MargeP

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,093
Points 29,530
Ramona replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 4:35 PM | Locked

MargeP,

I've not had the problem you're talking about or, thank goodness, a timing problem.  Having said that I don't think you could of finished the quilt with things working fine if the timing had been off. Maybe it hit a heavy seam and broke the needle or the thread bound up or tension was too tight on the quilt. Were  the stitches ok on the back of the quilt? I know someone here will be able to give you some ideas. Put a sample on and give your machine a try again. Good luck!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 5:30 PM | Locked

Marge

If your machine was out of time she wouldn't have been able to finish sewing the quilt.   When it is out of time the needle hits the bobbin case instead of the hook assembly.  You wouldn't be able to sew with it at all.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 6:13 PM | Locked

Hi Ramona,

How is the healing coming along? Are you catching up on all your magazines?  I hope you are not bored out of your mind, it's ok to be out of you mind, just not bored! LOL 

Glad to hear from you,

Juydlee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 6:28 PM | Locked

Oh Vivian,

You are nota wienie!  We always have to make that call on every quilt usually several times for each one.  As we get more practice maybe it will be only once per quilt! LOL!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,093
Points 29,530
Ramona replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 6:39 PM | Locked

Judy Lee,

Unfortunately, I don't have any magazines here. They are all up north. Guess I should have stocked up for here. I have caught up on some quilt videos and some sleep. lol  I am getting a little bored. Hubby won't let me do a thing or go anywhere. Going some where isn't an easy task anyway. Threatened to send him to the fabric store for me.  Problem was, he agreed but I haven't sent him.

I see you have been busy and do a fantastic job! You really do great work.

Thanks so much for chking on me. Big hugs and

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 7:02 PM | Locked

Hi Marge P,

I taught my friend how to longarm on her Crown Jewel, she had been told that the timing was out by a person who supposedly works on Baby Lock Machines, it was not. What he discribed made no sense, so I called Baby Lock fearing that I may also end up with this problem.  The Baby Lock repairman told me that with the Crown Jewel and other machines, that timing meant the needle going down at the proper time to match the bobbin in order to pull up the thread.

I hope that made sense!

I am sure that your machine is fine. I have forgotten about the channel lock as well.  LOL!

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 7:07 PM | Locked

Ramona,

Maybe he would bring something uniquely him if he went for you. LOL! He might even surprise you!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,093
Points 29,530
Ramona replied on Fri, Feb 10 2012 8:06 PM | Locked

Judylee,

I'm pretty certain whatever he brought home would be a surprise. You're too funny.

Page 88 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 86 87 88 89 90 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use