Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 29 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Points 2,005
abcquilting@yahoo.com replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 9:59 AM | Locked

I have a long arm system and I would gladly load and baste anyone's quilt for just $15.00. Any takers out there? I use either regular cotton thread at 6 stitches per inch or dissolving thread. The dissolving thread will disappear in warm water (usually in your tub) after you have finished your quilt. I use a diamond design in the basting. 570 326 1450 Bettie

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 10:03 AM | Locked

Once I load the quilt, I don't baste.  It is tight enough to quilt well.  When I start doing more intricate patterns I may have to reconsider but for now, no.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 16,150
Judy Lee replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 5:56 PM | Locked

Granny M and Elizabeth,

I used the tension guides a couple of times.  Honestly the top gauge did not work that well for me, I was dissapointed.  I know that the bottom tension guide was really helpful since the bottom tension has to be set first and then you fine tune with the top tension.  I still have issues from time to time.  But is really nice to know that I am not the only who bought the gauges! LOL!

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 16,150
Judy Lee replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 5:58 PM | Locked

Granny M,

LMAO!  I think that you have to feed the Jewel to make her happy.  She wants bling ,bling! too.

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 5:59 PM | Locked

I was looking on the Superior Threads site and they have a bobbin case tension gauge and a chart for each brand of longarm.  I am considering buying it.  It also tests the tension on the top.  no more guessing.  and some times the dial isn't terribly accurate. anyone tried a gauge yet?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 6:12 PM | Locked

Just read back and saw the problems Granny was having, maybe I'll rethink.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 16,150
Judy Lee replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 6:15 PM | Locked

Hi Vivian,

Granny M and Elizabeth were just talking about the gauges!  Scan up and read some of the conversation, I would not but the top tension gauge, it only gets you close then you still have to keep playing with the tension.  I did like the bottom gauge, it works really well, especially when you change the type of thread or fabric, then find tune the top tension to match.

Judylee

I forget how the other ladies felt about each gauge.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 6:36 PM | Locked

I saw that after I sent my message,  There is no perfect gadget i guess.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 5,320
Patti replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 6:57 PM | Locked

Do any of you watch "Quilt It!  The Longarm Quilting Show" on http://www.qnntv.com/?  I have a free membership because of my membership here on Quilters Club of America. 

I have learned a lot by watching these Quilt It longarm shows.  The most recent videos are some of the most useful - how to load a quilt onto your longarm so that it is straight and stays straight as you roll it.  Some of the videos are way beyond my current skill set, but they are still really interesting to watch.  There are 2 seasons of shows and I always watch the Quilt It videos and Patrick Lose's Quilting Celebrations videos.

Patti in Pgh

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 6:59 PM | Locked

Oddly enough, I am stuck in the office late with not much to do but play online and i tried to access the videos and can't.  It looks like the site wants a fee and I thought I was good.  Have they changed it?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 5,320
Patti replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 7:41 PM | Locked

Vivian :

Oddly enough, I am stuck in the office late with not much to do but play online and i tried to access the videos and can't.  It looks like the site wants a fee and I thought I was good.  Have they changed it?

If you have renewed since the last time you viewed videos on qnntv.com, then you need to sign up again.  Here is the link to directions on how to do it:

qnntv directions

Patti in Pgh

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Thu, Sep 22 2011 10:00 AM | Locked

Judy Lee:

Granny M,

LMAO!  I think that you have to feed the Jewel to make her happy.  She wants bling ,bling! too.

Judylee

Well I was on the way to the poor house from fabric I was buying, now I see that was a drop in the bucket compared to the must haves for the Jewel.  I need the ruler thingy, the computer, then there is assorted thread, wide backing, more batting, Pantos, and I am sure you will come up with more I have to have as time goes on, oh, I forgot needles, have to stock up on those too.  Lord help me, LOL

Granny M

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Sep 22 2011 11:03 AM | Locked

LOL Granny M, My Baby feels the same, she wants more, more, more.  Am about 1/3 done on my second quilt.  It is a one block wonder 83x93 the biggest quilt I have ever done.  My frame is only 8feet cause that's a;; I have room for.  I'm doing it with the groovy board flutterby.  The hardest top is keeping the top square with all the diagonal cuts.  I love the groovy boards I can see that they wiull be my biggest expense.  My next quiltg will be freehand!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Sep 22 2011 1:04 PM | Locked

Patti:
then you need to sign up again.

Yup, sighed up twice last night and got to watch one video that made me whant to go home and sew.  By the time I got home i was to tired of course, but there is always this weekend.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Sep 22 2011 2:23 PM | Locked

Here's my little helper.  She, Sally, was not help with my quilt top going wonky.  RIPPING STICHES IS NOT SO FUN.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Page 29 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use