Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 28 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155
Snugglebug Quilter replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 9:14 PM | Locked

Oh boy....if someone loaded my quilts for me....words can not begin to express!  LOL  That is the part that I definitely  do not enjoy!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155
Snugglebug Quilter replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 9:14 PM | Locked

what is a red snapper system?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 27,020
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 9:21 PM | Locked

OK this is a new one what is the red snapper system?

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 5,335
Patti replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 9:56 PM | Locked

Snugglebug Quilter:

Patti I absolutely love your quilt!!  Is it your own design?  Your quilting looks perfect!

Thanks!  Yes, I designed it in EQ7...

Patti in Pgh

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 5,335
Patti replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 9:59 PM | Locked

Charlotte Casey:

Are you guys using the red snapper system to load your quilts because I really love mine - so much easier and quicker than pinning or zippers. 

I found this info about the Red Snapper system:

Red Snapper System

I watched the videos (without sound, so as not to disturb my hubby) and it looked interesting...

Patti in Pgh

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,102
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 20 2011 1:02 AM | Locked

Vivian :
The first is the front of the quilt and the second the back..

Very nice Vivian.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,010
Charlotte Casey replied on Tue, Sep 20 2011 6:05 AM | Locked

Ok sorry - had to watch the Castle premier last night so I was off the computer.

The red snapper system is a plastic clamping system and it should work on all long arms.  You stitch a little pocket across your canvas leaders and then a flexible rod goes in the pocket and just stays there all the time.  Then you just clamp your quilt top and back to the rod.  Even as inexperienced as I am, I can load in about 20 minutes.   I found out about them at an APQS road show when one of the demo people who was a professional longarmer talked abou them.  She said she can load a king size in about 10 minutes.  They are kind of pricey but as I understand it, there are some other "similar" products out there on the internet.  A blue version and a clear version.  The first time I went to use them, I was really worried because they were really hard to snap on, but after they were on that first quilt, they loosened up and now I don't have a problem.    Just search for red snapper quilt loading system.  The lady who sells them has two good videos out there that will give you a good idea of what they are and how they work....especially the one where she loads in 10 minute.s.  Even with just a little fabric in the clamp (because I didn't leave enough on my first couple of projects) they really seemed to hold everything nice and secure.   I don't know why more long arm companies don't talk about them.  If I hadn't been to that demo with that particular woman, I would have never known.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Sep 20 2011 11:49 AM | Locked

I just watched the Red Snapper video and I am impressed. I can see that the quilt would go on in about 10 minutes and it seems to hold it securely.  As you roll the quilt, it would hold it even better. I'll have to check out the cost.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 27,020
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Sep 20 2011 12:23 PM | Locked

Ii agree these red snappers look great.   OMG I am going broke buying gadgets,  I am a gadget junkie

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Sep 20 2011 1:06 PM | Locked

Ditto!!  the only gadget I haven't been interested in is the computer to drive my longarm, just about anything else though.!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 27,020
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Sep 20 2011 5:00 PM | Locked

Oh I want the computer but can't justify the expense now.  Need to figure out this darn tension thing.  Loaded my queen size quilt today and broke thread three time just trying to baste it.  I am now taking a break before I go back to it again. Do you have the tensiojn gauges and do they work???

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Tue, Sep 20 2011 6:10 PM | Locked

Yeppers, me too, and I do have the computer component.  I guess that I shpuld go to the video on the Snappers

Judylee

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Sep 20 2011 10:23 PM | Locked

I posted pictures of two of the baby quilts I quilted this week to my Quilts from the Bluffs blog.  I keep wanting to quilt more but between spending time with my daughter and getting ready for the retreat, I just don't have time. I think it will need to wait until I get back on the 29th. 

http://qftb.blogspot.com/

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 9:01 AM | Locked

Elizabeth:
I am now taking a break before I go back to it again. Do you have the tensiojn gauges and do they work???

I have the tension gauges,  great for the bobbin, I am still trying to figure out the top.   I am going to contact Superior and discuss soon as I get some time.  The numbers they tell me to use do not match what my machine ends up with to get a good stitch, and it changes with type of fabric, thickness and all those other things. plus I am so new at this that I have no clue what I am doing, I just keep trying to do it.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Wed, Sep 21 2011 9:04 AM | Locked

Judy Lee:

Yeppers, me too, and I do have the computer component.  I guess that I shpuld go to the video on the Snappers

Judylee

Seems like there is always one more thing to want.  I haven't even tried panto yet and want the computer.  Does it ever end.  Like the red snapper video, I think I am going to put out contribution jars all over town to help Momma's Jewel have the accessories she needs. Just kidding LOL

Granny M

Page 28 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use