Longarmers Share

Page 21 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 12:56 PM | Locked

Thanks, Karla.  I know it will all work out as it is supposed to.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,771
Points 65,968
Jeanine replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 12:56 PM | Locked

Thanks, Wendy.  God is good.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,010
Charlotte Casey replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 1:16 PM | Locked

Hi - I have an APQS Millenium that was used and purchased directly from APQS.  I really think I got a good deal as it was factory refurbished before coming to me and that made me feel better about buying something more affordable, but used.  You may want to contact them directly as they do offer used machines for sale.  When I first started looking, I was focused on quilters who had a machine for sale and didn't think about going directly to the manufactuere.  I highly recommend getting one with the Bliss drive system if you buy an APQS because it is unbelievable smooth and easy to move through a pattern.   Like you, I only wanted to do this once and for all the used machines I looked at (and I looked at just about all brands), the owners were selling them to trade up to a better/larger machine.  That's what made me just go ahead and spend a little more to get the Millenium.  I got the 14 foot table because I had the space and that will accommodate a king size quilt.  Not sure how often I'll actually use the 14 feet and it does take up more room than I expected when you consider how much space you need to have to walk/work around both sides.   We are still getting acquainted but I do love my machine so far.  Don't know if that helps or not but there's my 2 cents!.... Charlotte

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,010
Charlotte Casey replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 1:20 PM | Locked

I had to "Unquilt" quite a large section of my pattern for the first time and it has left some noticeable needle holes in my project.    Does anyone have a tip to share on how you can get these out/make them less noticeable?    I was thinking maybe wetting the quilt and tossing it in the dryer but wanted to check before I do that in case it makes it worse.. Thanks!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 1:40 PM | Locked

Charlotte

All my needle marks have disappeared when I washed the quilt the first time.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 3:10 PM | Locked

Charlotte Casey:
I had to "Unquilt" quite a large section of my pattern for the first time and it has left some noticeable needle holes in my project. 

Charlotte -  I did the same thing yesterday and was not a happy camper. I figured I would spray the two 12" blocks with water after the quilt was done but this morning with it just relaxing over night, there doesn't seem to be any noticeable holes.  I use an 18 needle in my Nolting.  Like Nana says washing it will definitely make them go away.  I just don't want to wash this quilt at this time.  Good luck - am sure it will be fine.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,010
Charlotte Casey replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 3:32 PM | Locked

Thanks, I'll wash it then - just didn't want to make it worse!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 6:15 PM | Locked

Hi Charlotte,

I usually steam the area before I requilt it.

Hope this helps

Judylee

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 27,415
Elizabeth replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 8:19 PM | Locked

OK quilt is off the machine.  It is not perfect but pretty ok for the first one.  I love, love, love the groovy boards.  they take the learning curve away.  I did do so free motion in the large picture blocks and it got easier with each one.  I don't know how I did it but the quilting fir perfectly in the quilt!!  I only have two groovy boards so did have to move them.  Not that hard, but I can see why it would be nice to have them the length of the table.  My biggest problem was upper thread breakage.  Seems to happen when I started and stopped.    Of on r vacation for two weeks tomorrow to my son;s in sultan , WA.  Plenty of quilt shops to visit.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 8:38 PM | Locked

Elizabeth, it sounds like you had fun with those groovy boards.  Your quilt is lovely!  Enjoy your vacation.

Jeanine, I am SO happy that things are going so well for you right now!  It's like everything is going back to the way it should be!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Tue, Sep 6 2011 6:00 PM | Locked

Congrats Elizabeth,

Now you should practice freemotion with the groovy board pattern, you will now find it really easy to do!

Judylee

P.S. enjoy your vacation!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 27,415
Elizabeth replied on Wed, Sep 7 2011 10:56 AM | Locked

Hi Judylee I did do some.  Because of the large blocks I had to reposistion the groovy board to just do one spriral at a time.  pretty easy had fun.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Wed, Sep 7 2011 5:30 PM | Locked

That is how I started free motionsing on my longarm, some of the patterns were just easier to do freehand.

Judylee

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 200
Points 5,650
Patti replied on Wed, Sep 7 2011 8:22 PM | Locked

OK, everyone, what is your favorite non-wool batting to use on your longarm?  Do you buy it by the roll?  Where do you buy it?  (Hubby is allergic to wool, so no wool in our quilts.)  What do you like about it?

Thanks!

Patti in Pgh

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,738
Points 419,889
gini replied on Wed, Sep 7 2011 8:25 PM | Locked

Elizabeth:
Of on r vacation for two weeks tomorrow to my son;s in sultan , WA.

i love the sultan bakery,  it's a scheduled stop when we go over hwy 2

gini in north idaho

Page 21 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use