Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 18 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 370
Chrystal replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 1:55 PM | Locked

You DEFINITELY have a very sweet husband!  Lucky girl.

Chrystal in Montana

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,043
Points 19,980
Beth Weigt replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 2:11 PM | Locked

Unfortunately, I don't think an applique will work on a crab figure.

Beth

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 4:03 PM | Locked

Well, Jeanine,    This is a couple of days later, but we got to go out on the HARLEY last night for about four hours.  It was hot in the beginning-especially the heat from the pipes, but after we stopped for a frozen custard, it cooled a little and ended glorious.  You mut be well on your way to KC now .  Enjoy that little cutie.   I had the pleasure of caring for my youngest great granddaughter the end of May for 2 1/2 weeks.  She was 6 weeks old when I picked her up and 8 1/2 when I took her back.  She started doing so many new things in that time period .  I just absolutely loved it.    Ginny 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 4:25 PM | Locked

Beth Weigt:

Unfortunately, I don't think an applique will work on a crab figure.

Beth

I had this happen when my  youngest grandchild decided to try out my rotary cutter when he was about 4 years old.  I'm really glad he only cut the quilt top and not his fingers.  My first quilting instructor helped me mend it using some lightweight iron on mending tape on the backside.  It worked really well as had made through several washings without coming apart.  Just thought it might be an option for you.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 5:12 PM | Locked

Jeanine:
When I say practice, by all means I mean on real quilts.  Why waste your time on unproductive work.  For me, it is my charity quilts and I know that even on my practice ones they look better than what I was doing on my DSM. 

I'm taking this advice to heart.  I just joined a new church, and they have a charity quilt group and they TIE their quilts.  I'm going to join their group and take the brave leap and offer them my service to machine quilt their tops.  They meet in two weeks.  I'll let you know how my offer goes over...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 85
Points 1,675
Pat replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 7:44 PM | Locked

Ramona,

I think it would be even easier on the longarm.   On our domestic machines, we keep having to stop and place our hands, whereas, on our longarm, it is a continuous flow.    Patsy Thompson's DVDs really did help me a lot.    I also attended a class by Colleen Painchaud called Hodge Podge, where she combines a little bit of everything, and the result is absolutely gorgeous.   I now quilt my own version of Hodge Podge, some of her designs I use, some I don't.   And I add my own, such as leavesor hearts  that are echoed,. etc.  Just Google ''Hodge Podge' quilt designs and I am sure you will find it.   What a wonderful, wonderful toy these longarms are, don't you think????

Pat

P.S.  I have noticed that some of the girls quote a part of someone's post so that they can reply to a particular sentence.   Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 27,020
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 8:12 PM | Locked

OK Ladies, getting ready to load my very first quilt top on my pinnacle frame.  any suggestions?  Its a 9patch pizzaz, going to use stippling and some stich in the ditch.  Bought a ruler for that today.  Not sure how I will do the boarders will see once it is loaded

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 8:53 PM | Locked

Pat:
P.S.  I have noticed that some of the girls quote a part of someone's post so that they can reply to a particular sentence.   Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Pat

To quote....click on the reply button at the top of the person's post.  Then highlight the area you want to quote and click the quote button at the bottom of the post.  Now click enter.  You can now type your reply and then click post.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 8:56 PM | Locked

Pat, click on reply (but not quick reply), and you'll see the entire message that was posted.  Highlight the text you want to recall and then click "quote" at the bottom left corner.  This will bring that quote into your reply box.  Click after the quoted text and type your response.  I can post screen captures of this if it doesn't make sense the way I wrote it.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 8:58 PM | Locked

Arrggh, you're too speedy, Nana. 

Sorry for the double response, Pat.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 9:03 PM | Locked

Nancy

I would almost bet that we were responding at the same time....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 85
Points 1,675
Pat replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 9:09 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Highlight the text you want to recall and then click "quote"

thank you so much, both of you for your quick response.  I hope this works...

Pat

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 9:10 PM | Locked

Yeah Pat.  You did it.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 7:35 AM | Locked

Hi Elizabeth,

I order my thread on line from Superior Threads.  I like King Tut and YLI.  Since I have to order a minimum order to get it wholesale, I generally order varigated nuetrals and a couple of brights.  I quilt for others so I have a pretty goog selection.  I find that I like a little heavier thread, like 30 or 40 wt.

Judylee

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,025
Points 16,160
Judy Lee replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 8:07 AM | Locked

hi Beth,

Can you use water soluable stablizer over it and thread paint your crab, then spritz with water to dissolve the stabilizer?

Judylee

Page 18 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use