Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share

Page 13 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,683 Replies | 55 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,010
Charlotte Casey replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 7:38 AM | Locked

What a great tip!  Thanks for passing it along!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,227
Points 24,865
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 5:31 PM | Locked

Hi I just found this chat.  I just bought a Babylock Jewl on a Pinnicle frame.  I got it used, was delivered yesterday.  I set it up myself and started practice quilting today.  I have wanted a longarm for over a year and gave this to myself for my 60th birthday.  I am loving life right now!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 90
Marlette0613 replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 5:57 PM | Locked

Hi Patti,

I'll be at QwM at Sawmill, too! Perhaps we can meet up. I live in Akron but will be staying at the conference Tues through Sat afternoon.

Also, your quilt is wonderful! I love the filmstrip! It looks so real.

I have a 2008 Gammill Classic Plus. I don't have a business but quilt for myself and any charity tops that come my way...they know the way by now. I only do freehand as I find pantos boring.

My machine's name is EMMA J. The first initials of 5 generations of Sewing women in my family starting with my grandmother, Ella, mother Marjorie, me, Marlette, Abi, my granddaughter and Juliana, her sister.

It turns out Emma was also my great-grandmother's middle name...first name; Josephine! And, she was also a seamstress.

I am the first quilter in the family.

Marty GC+ writing from Montana

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 90
Marlette0613 replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 6:03 PM | Locked

Jeannine,

I love the dancing idea..I'll have to try that!

Wondering if your shortarm had a drop in bobbin or vertical? Drop in bobbin types really can't handle the multi directional movement of quilting on a carriage. That's one reason you'll never find a drop in bobbin on a machine intended for that kind of quilting, i.e. long and midarm.

Marty

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 90
Marlette0613 replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 6:16 PM | Locked

Sally,

Do you know about the Freemotion Quilters guild that meets in Twinsburg?

Look for their Yahoo Groups listing.

There are about 25 of us and it really helps to have others to share with in person

Marty, Akron, OH GC+

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 6:18 PM | Locked

Marlette0613:

Wondering if your shortarm had a drop in bobbin or vertical? Drop in bobbin types really can't handle the multi directional movement of quilting on a carriage. That's one reason you'll never find a drop in bobbin on a machine intended for that kind of quilting, i.e. long and midarm.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 6:20 PM | Locked

Jeanine:

Let's try again...don't know why it posted while I was trying to type.

It is not a drop in bobbin.  I have the Janome 1600P quilt machine that is built for speed...nothing else fancy about it.  I am using it now for my piecing machine and love it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 6:22 PM | Locked

Welcome, Elizabeth.  Congratulations on your longarm.  You deserve it!  You'll have to post some pictures of your quilts.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 6:26 PM | Locked

Glad you found us, Paula.  Sounds like you are having fun and that's the most important.  I like your attitude about your quilting.  I share that, too.  You do the best you can and improve as you go but perfection is not my goal... 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 6:27 PM | Locked

Judy Lee:
When you can see the hole left by the 16 switch to an 18. 

Isn't an 18 larger than a 16?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 6:28 PM | Locked

Nana,

I love leaves and loops. I finally finished my Santa quilt using holly leaves and berries. Fun, fun,and more fun!

Judylee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 6:35 PM | Locked

Ginny:
hope you go out on the Harley.

It was perfect weather for the Harley and we had a lot of fun.  Something about just riding and feeling so free.  Just what I needed.  Have fun this weekend.  We'll be taking the Camaro to KC.  That will be fun, too.  Can't wait to see my grandson.  He is 11 weeks old and I haven't seen him since he was 3 days old.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,227
Points 24,865
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 6:37 PM | Locked

I have three tops ready to go and am working on the forth.  so far biggest problem I have is tension.  Not worring about it to much as I am practicing.  found Pano's easy.  Used a groovy board easy.  Did some freehand stippling, easy.  Next pounce some stencils ans see how that goes.  Funny thing is the thing that is the most intidating is the bobbin winder!!!  I am an accomplished quilter and have alway quilted my own tops on my Bernica Artista.  Do about one quilt a month.  I have some in my gallery.  Hoping to get a small, and I mean small, business going.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 6:46 PM | Locked

Hi Elizabeth,

Congratulations! Wonderful, keep playing with the Jewel,as long as you play it will get better and better and even more FUN.  I have your exact set, if you need any help feel free to ask!

Judylee

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 16,170
Judy Lee replied on Thu, Sep 1 2011 6:48 PM | Locked

What a cutie!

Judylee

Page 13 of 179 (2684 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use