Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 30 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 104
Points 1,780
Bandmama replied on Wed, Aug 10 2011 4:00 PM

Wowsa you guys.  I am so humbled to say the least.  What a welcome!  Y'all are so sweet.

My friend is a big time member of a local quilt guild (BIG time).  There is a show here this weekend and she has 2 quilts in it.  She is very excited to get on and play here too but told me not to "mess with her" until after her show lol.  Well, maybe not so much in those exact words but the meaning was pretty clear :-).   I've watched her bind, bind, bind, add labels and hanger thingys over these past few days and weeks and she has that "crazed self imposed deadline look" about her.

I did indeed start cutting on my quilt last night.  So far so good.  I still have all my fingers anyway.  I cut several squares and half-square triangles.  I am taking this v-e-r-y slow and savoring it - stress free.

Thank you all so much again for the warm welcome and encouragement!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Aug 10 2011 9:02 PM

Bandmama:
So far so good.  I still have all my fingers anyway.  I cut several squares and half-square triangles.  I am taking this v-e-r-y slow and savoring it - stress free.

Good to hear the cutting is going well.  I, too, am a believer in the "slow and steady wins the race" philosophy.  Keep happily plugging away!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 590

Hi Bandmama

I happen to agree with you, because life is but a vapor and I want to have fun quilting, and the hand quilting is fine for smaller quilts, but I can't handle it on the big ones. :)

Blessings,

Pat F, Jamestown, NY

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 590

I am sure you will do great, and for a gift like that I would have helped you too.  Great friends are great gifts.  You will do marvelous, I am sure.  Have fun and I learned early on that my seam ripper is my friend, LOL.

Blessings,

Pat F, Jamestown, NY

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 11:37 AM

Yup, slow and careful is the way to go. I very slowly and carefully cut several pieces to smll.  sigh.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 11:51 AM

Vivian

I do the same thing.  Even going slowly and carefully I manage to mess up some of those pieces....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Fri, Aug 12 2011 12:17 PM

Welcome Bandmama,

I just joined the group last week and am enjoying it.

I have a couple friends in your area.  One is in Grapevine and the other is in Colleyville.  One of them has been keeping me updated on the high temps and lack of rain.  I lived in Phoenix for several years and know about heat but we didn't have the high humidity there.  It has to be stifling for you all.  I understand what you mean about it affecting personalities!  I live in gloomy Michigan where the sun doesn't shine for months from fall to spring.  There are days when I want to grab someone by the throat if they say the wrong thing! LOL 

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

Sheri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

Hi Bandmama! Welcome to the wonderful world of quilting! Besides all the helpful tips everyone shares and the WONderful support you'll get, you won't find a better family of "strangers" than quilters! :-)

Hope to see pictures of your progress!

Cheers!

Jenn

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome bandmama. 

Margaret

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 8:49 AM

Ive got pictures posted go to your gallery and upload my problem is i've wrote a few posts with questions and no one is replying! right now i'm feeling a little alone

iwish i had warmer temperatures here in mi.  my name is laura

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 9:00 AM

i forgot to say HI! and my husband is a drummer.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,199
Points 16,075
Susan replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 9:14 AM

Is2116, You need to start a new discussion, such as       Posting pictures in Gallery      and then some one will jump in and answer your question.    I do not know how to do it.  Hope this helps.    Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,199
Points 16,075
Susan replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 9:23 AM

Is2116,    Just found this , go to Home Page and  on left side you will see   post pictures in gallery    and it will walk you through it.  Welcome, and good Luck.   Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 10:20 AM

Welcome bandmama,

You will love it here! I agree - great story. You will have so much fun w/ everyone here and learn tons!

Marlene

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Sun, Mar 25 2012 10:49 AM

Thanks! I'll keep trying

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use