Top 10 Posters

can't access the win fabric for life entry page! help!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820
greenmonstr Posted: Tue, Aug 9 2011 2:13 PM

Hi - when i click on the win fabric for life page i get this:

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I am logged in as premium member... thought we could enter every day...is the contest over or is this a technical problem?  thanks.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,995

Hi greenmonstr,

Are you clicking on the link above in the red nav bar that says Win Fabric for Life? Or where was this broken link?

Try this one!

QCA Peg

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 104
Points 1,780

If you click on Contest in the cream bar across the top, then click on the Fabric for Life Sweepstakes link (first one) you will see the error she is talking about.  It is a broken link.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 622
Points 10,625
abcd replied on Tue, Aug 9 2011 2:45 PM

This is what happened to me last week when I couldn't access the Block Party contest.  Liz put me in, anyway, but I was under the impression that because I wasn't a paying member I was not allowed.  Then I discovered by accident that I COULD get in (but I honestly don't remember how I found out).  Anyway, the error message was because I got into the "CONTEST" area, so watch out!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,995

Bandmama:

If you click on Contest in the cream bar across the top, then click on the Fabric for Life Sweepstakes link (first one) you will see the error she is talking about.  It is a broken link.

Hi Bandmama,

I just went in and clicked on this link (visual below) and it worked fine for me - are you having troubles when you click on that link too?   

QCA Peg

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

I am getting this error both on the win fabric for life link on the home page and on the fabric for life sweepstakes link.  I can't find a place where it wll work.

*** new info - I logged out, deleted temp internet files, closed IE, came back to website, logged in again, and the link on the home page didn't work but the one on the contests page did work.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 104
Points 1,780

Yes.  I got the same error by clicking on that link.  I can try and delete my temp. inet files and try again too though.  I went outside of the website, googled Fabric for Life contest and found a back door link that way.  On the other hand, for what it's worth mine is one of the accounts that got dropped in the tranfer over for the new QNNtv.  Do you think that could have anything at all to do with it since some can access the link and others can not?  Which browser do you use?  My default is internet explorer but I could also try it in firefox or google chrome if that would help.

ETA that I just tried it again and it worked.  Hmmm.  Maybe it was a temporary glitch OR perhaps too many of us were hitting the link at the same time trying to win that great prize :-).

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,995

Okay! Now try! I think I figured it out ... let's see how it works now.

QCA Peg

: ) Sorry for the confusion...

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

AHA!  yes, that works!  Thanks!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 9 2011 5:18 PM

Darn, now I have more competition.   (....just kidding)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Tue, Aug 9 2011 6:12 PM

QCA Admin:

Peg, I tried this one and got the same message.

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use